Mastercard

Working at Mastercard: 25 Reviews

United Kingdom25 reviews

Professional environment

Worked at MC for two and half years as a contractor. Good work environment and team culture. Professional environment, and large enough to move around within the organisation.

Political, unpredictable and unprofessional environment.

Disparaging working environment, ambiguous management and strategy. Little cohesion across functional areas and teams. Talent not very well recognised. Great opportunity for Mastercard to continue to be market leading, but much more employee care required.

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Some of the Management ethics

Insights into Mastercard

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Learnt good communication skills

Worked nights, people and staff were great. Busy days kept you alert and working. Spoke to people all over the world which kept things very interesting. Also the ability to be able to help a customer in needs overseas with a thrill

A dynamic company

Mastercard are one of the leading payment gateway companies in the world. Everyday new challenges would be presented to us to investigate and resolve.

Enjoyed working for the company. Good culture. Recommended many friends to join the company and they have stayed on. Flexible working is a great bonus especially with a young family,

Culture needs to be improved

The culture in the Canary Wharf office is horrendous. Favoritism at its finest. HR really need proper management and supervision . They talk the talk / abundance of compliance training but afraid they don’t walk it! Everything is ultimately managed by the US whom you hardly ever see in the UK offices. The PA’s and business assistants have all the power and most sales people have to succumb to them. There is no need for Pulse Surveys and training on the Code of Conduct unless it’s adhered in practice. All these are merely tick box exercises which inadvertently takes a lot of time off the sales teams.

Pros

Good salary package and flexible working

Cons

Bad culture

Productive workplace, great work culture and atmosphere

Job was enjoyable, helping clients and customers figure out problems and getting assistance. Management very accessible and flexible when it came to workers needs and requests.

Good work life balance

Great company to work for. Nice benefits and a great working atmosphere. Extremely collaborative culture. Great HR and development team. People are generally willing to excel; which is great.

Pros

Amazing culture and benefits

Cons

Slow as a tech company

Productive and fun workplace

Dynamic and engaging work environment focusing mainly on the support and operation of the Mastercard Pre-Paid card business, specifically, the global Cash-Passport product. I learned about Compliance and Anti Money Laundering regulations that I had not been exposed to in my previous work experiences. A lot of the business is very project oriented and adherence to strict deadlines was essential. Good benefits were provided and on the whole, I worked with some great people.

Pros

Great people, good location

Cons

Week-end work and a frequently high-pressure setting

MasterCard

Great place to work, wonderful staff and really helpful for any newcomers. Was a productive environment in which I was able to learn a lot and absorb the energy.

Good work

A good place to work generally but a lot of time is wasted by long processes which don't really as intended. They are very much in need of a LEAN/Six Sigma style review to stop wasting all this time and energy.

Pros

good salary

Cons

long processes

Excellent

Easy to get along with anyone, real sense of community within the company. Challenging work but if stuck, can ask anyone for advice. Everyone is very friendly.

Productive and fun work place

It was a good job, staff were friendly and supportive of one and other, management were very understanding and patient with employees, however stern when needed. The hardest part of the job was trying to sell the Debenhams' Mastercard to customers who didn't want them, however we were still able to hit targets sufficiently.

Pros

Discount on stock

Pleasent department

Good environment and nice management. learned substantial amount of information in the fraud system. Colleagues are friendly which makes the job easier to perform.

Pros

good balance between work and life

Cons

little possibilities of progress

Good environment to work in

The co workers that I work with are very friendly and nice as we got along the first day. The workplace is also productive as everyone completes their duty on time without delaying anything. I am also happy to say that I am safe in the workplace and a not worried about security. Our workplace is also clean and tidy therefore I am comfortable its cleanliness.

Pros

Good break routine

Cons

Not enough hours

I have learned a lot in this company

Enjoy work with my co-workers, but management people not so great. My Team Leader provided great support but higher manager no.

Average

Friendly staff, and relaxed atmosphere. Assistance available whenever required. Learnt various things from fraud, project management and customer relationships.

Productive workplace

Use 4XSystems, Inbound and Outbound calls inc B2B, Emailing, Faxing, Excalating when needed, dealing with complaints, securing sensitive data and personal information, recommending financial uses, International calls dealing with International timescales, hitting targets, building rapport, going the extra mile. I have learnt a huge amount of different personalities and how to expand and deal with each to perform an outstanding call and improve and keep customer satisfaction, I have learnt how to use my conversational skills to build rapport and tailor each call to each individual. I love working within a team hitting a goal as part of the enjoyment but I do prefer to work alone so I can overachieve and look for Career Progression. The hardest part would be the Night-Shifts and not being stretched to my full potential however I do excel and the Team make it very enjoyable especially when hitting targets. The most enjoyable part of the job would be helping a client who knows basic information go away from the call feeling trusted in the product/company, very warming and actually very suprised sometimes at how much the product does fit their suitability and personal needs.

Pros

Contracted hours

Cons

Night-Shifts

Great Colleagues

Sitting at a desk on the phones all day can get boring but surrounded by my colleagues its never a dull day a this call Centre.

Pros

Good breaks

Cons

Pay

Productive and professional organisation.

Flexible working 2 days per week from home. Good working conditions, offices and benefits

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Layered management structure

good workplace

managed a team of 3, 2 receptionists and a facilities coordinator. we worked well as a team. I enjoyed the fact that no day was ever the same, it was a varied role. Space planning was one of the most enjoyable aspects and also working with the suppliers and contractors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mastercard. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Mastercard with

• Mastercard
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?