Maximus

Maximus Employee Reviews

Found 91 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,488 reviews

Supportive and friendly culture

Lovely place to work. On an 18 month WFH contract and have a wonderful supportive management team with a culture of helping not only the customer but each other. Management style is transparent and empowering, with a focus on learning and self development to be the best you can be.

Pros

Work life balance, Wfh, medical benefits, write own diary

Cons

IT system can be temperamental at times

6 July 2021
We appreciate your kind review and are thrilled that your experience reflects our efforts to provide an engaging, supportive, and team-oriented environment where our employees have the opportunity for personal and professional growth in meaningful careers. Your suggestions on how we can continue to improve our employees' experience are always welcome at feedback@maximus.com. All messages are treated confidentially.

No support worst company ever

Worst company I’ve ever work for. Absolutely zero support from management when it comes to mental health. They have no interest in listening to you or helping you. Never completed an occupational health assessment even after raising mental health and physical health concerns. Worked from home and wasn’t provided with a desk or suitable chair. There answer to mental health is to sack you.

Pros

Cons

Everything about maximus

Toxic company

This is a very toxic company. Poor management who mistreat and bully staffBlame culture and will slowly chip away at your confidence Ex supermarket and call centre managers attempting to manage clinical staff with no understanding of the impact mental and physical health has on clients No advancement unless you are prepared to take part in the bullying ethos Poor retention of staff as they leave due to the deterioration of their own mental health. Staff that do stay usually only for the level of pay they receive. Would never recommend this company to anyone

Pros

Level of pay

Cons

Bullying, poor management

Don't do it the money is not worth the pressure

Pressure, pressure,pressure. No consideration of those with disabilities. You are audited qnd humiliated over the slightest thing. You sit on edge all the time. I have sat with colleagues crying at their desks. Some times it is impossible and you are managed by non clinicians who do not get that you cannot complete a report of someone with 8 conditions in the same time as someone with one condition. I worked here for nearly 2 years and if your face did not fit your work was nit picked at. It destroyed my self confidence. I am now in a job doing something similar and have never felt so appreciated and told how good I actually am at my job. This company is a one way street to a nervous break down and I am resilient.

Pros

Money and benefits

Cons

Lack of disabilty awareness and general emotional care of staff

Unhealthy work environment

Poor management, both in knowledge of role and people skills. Bullying is encouraged of HCP’s unless your face fits. Senior posts go to people who have had warnings for bullying of fellow workers. HCP role would be enjoyable and rewarding but for the pressure applied by management. Can’t address issues as managers have worked together before, with senior manager, so your told to put up and shut up. Even if your good at your job, like colleagues I worked with, if their faces didn’t fit, they are forced out of the business or end up on long term sick. The bullying is well known in this area but never addressed, just covered up. Don’t work for this company, unless an external investigation is completed and address’ the issues raised by many staff. 9-5 hours is a fallacy. You are told you have to go in early and you will be expected to leave late if needed. Environment is too unhealthy, after several months, of poor management and listening/ viewing the unhealthy interactions I left.

Pros

Cons

Poor management

Best company I've worked for in 30 years

I joined Maximus just over 6 months ago and have never looked back. The work is challenging to keep you motivated, training and support is excellent and management is very supportive and always available when needed. Great team atmosphere and the job is so rewarding, I have never experience job satisfaction like I have with Maximus. Very flexible and understanding of personal circumstances and, even though I am a remote home worker, I always feel connected and part of the team, Maximus is very driven to look after wellbeing and present lots of opportunities for learning and progression. I would recommend working here if you are thinking of applying for a role.

Pros

Supportive, great management, job satisfaction, work life balance, teamwork

Proceed with caution

If you value your mental health do not accept a job with these guys. They are always trying to recruit staff and have very poor retention rate. You are managed by an overpaid, under qualified, non clinical admin person that are working way above their experience, managing highly qualified people including doctors and nurses.A bullying culture is adopted throughout the management roles, which is supported by almost all non clinical staff despite the huge amount of grievances against the company. Company are slow to react to staff feedback and the higher management have no clue what’s going on in the actual centres day to day. Corrupt is an understatement!! The progressing opportunities are nil unless you have a close friendship with the non clinical management. If your face doesn’t fit or you attempt to tell the truth of what is actually going on you are pushed out and all your work is found unacceptable despite being no issues before!Equality and Diversity means nothing to this company despite them saying otherwise. Although the starting salary is ok you don’t get rewarded passed that such as extra training you do or a salary increase unless your in the clic. Centres managers given far to much responsibility and almost everything is at ‘managers discretion’ so if you stick up for yourself or don’t behave like a robot you are seen as a trouble maker and you have no chance of being happy in your role. They are given the ‘ok’ to treat healthcare staff exactly how they like. You are expected to do a lot of work in your own time and taking a lunch break is frowned upon despite -

Pros

None!!

Cons

As above

Inclusive, Rewarding and Fulfilling work

I am a Business Manager working on the JETS Wales Contract, I support a team of Recruitment Advisors and ensure we meet budget expectations, exceed quality and compliance targets and positive outcomes for our participants. We specialise in supporting people who have been out of work for 13 weeks or more back into work and it is really rewarding work.

Pros

9% pension, private healthcare, cycle to work, good work life balance, wellbeing is looked after, good communication, workplace culture

20 May 2021
Thank you very much for your kind review and are pleased that your experience reflects our ongoing efforts to provide a positive work environment for our colleagues. We're delighted to have passionate people who enjoy the company working on great projects like this. If you have any suggestions on how we can continue to improve, please contact us at feedback@maximusuk.co.uk. All messages are treated confidentially.

Productive company with fantastic staff training and support

Productive company with fantastic staff training and support. Very well organised. Great team spirit. Always there to support and give constructive feedback.

17 May 2021
We want to thank you for your kind review and are thrilled that your experience reflects our efforts to provide a supportive, engaging, and team-oriented work environment where our employees can thrive in meaningful careers. You may always reach us at feedback@maximus.com with any suggestions you have on how we can continue to improve the employee experience. All messages are treated confidentially.

Solid Business

I have worked for Maximus for almost 3 years now in 3 different roles.Everyone is working towards the same goals so we are all on the same page regarding what needs to be done and how we can achieve our very best.

Pros

flexible working, good pay, helpful team, good management

Cons

Not always easy to progress within your team

20 May 2021
Thank you very much for your kind review and are pleased that your experience reflects our ongoing efforts to provide a positive work environment for our colleagues and it's great to see you've progressed through different roles. If you have any suggestions on how we can continue to improve, please contact us at feedback@maximusuk.co.uk. All messages are treated confidentially.

Jobs at Maximus

See more jobs

Fantastic people and company to work for

Fantastic company to be part of. Solid management team and great individuals all round. Great values and refreshing to see those lived and breath through the senior management team.

Pros

Great team and individuals

17 May 2021
We greatly appreciate your kind review and are pleased that your experience reflects our ongoing efforts to provide a positive work environment for our employees. If you have any suggestions on how we can continue to improve, please contact us at feedback@maximus.com. All messages are treated confidentially.

Overall feedback for Maximus

Bad company to work for. No incentives, management treat you like your worth nothing and if your on a performance plan they won't let you move to another department and instead want you out the door. Management never compliment you but instead talk negative and have their favourites. Bad communication within teams and alot of favouritism.

Pros

Free milk to make hot drinks and some staff are friendly

Cons

Management, benefits and pay

13 May 2021
Thank you for your feedback. Your experience does not reflect our efforts to provide a supportive and engaging work environment where our employees feel valued and appreciated. We would like to learn more about your experience and invite you to reach out to us at feedback@maximusuk.co.uk with any additional details that you feel comfortable sharing. All messages are treated confidentially. Thank you.

Just another abused cog in the Maximus machine!

I joined this disorganised, lacklustre and highly pressurised yet flimsy company as I had experience being a mentor, a trainer and a careers adviser and had a desire for continuing the good work of helping people. The staff members appointed to induct me resigned so my induction was delayed but I was expected to start work anyway and to start immediately securing job starts in order to meet my targets. I was not provided with ANY training regarding how to use the in-house IT platform to manage the appointments. I was not provided with ANY training regarding how to complete the admin that I needed to complete when conducting an appointment with a member of the public. I was not provided with a petty cash float to support customers into work and was forced to use MY OWN MONEY to help my caseload. I was not provided with equipment that functioned properly with regards to a works mobile and staff laptop. My induction meet took place TWO MONTHS into my employment! And when the training into the company platform computer system finally materialised it was a paper-based seminar into how to use a practical IT system! Do these MAXIMUS people have any idea about kinaesthetic learning? Obviously not! The BM’s and the RM’s would repeatedly add more and more duties to the plate of the coaches to the point of saturation, leading to a deluge of work SO great as to render it impossible to achieve without causing you to have a nervous breakdown! As well as doing CVs, personal statements, letters, job searching, employer engagement (as the appointed engagement staff kept resigning), -

Pros

Nothing!

Cons

Working environment

13 May 2021
Thank you for your feedback and we're very sorry to hear about your experience. The wellbeing of our colleagues and their working environment is something we take very seriously, and we'll take the points you've raised here and investigate how we can improve and avoid situations like this in the future. Please send any further feedback to feedback@maximusuk.co.uk and we can discuss further and raise issues internally to improve for the future. All emails are treated confidentially. Thank you.

I started working for Maximus in January and its one of the best jobs I have had. The management teams are very supportive, I feel very content in my job I love helping and supporting others get into work. There are lots of opportunities within the company of other job roles if you did want to change roles or promotion opportunities. I intend to stay with this company for a very long time.

30 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are pleased that you have had such a positive experience with us so far. Your voice is important to us, and if you have any suggestions on how we can improve the work environment for our employees, please reach out to us at feedback@maximusuk.co.uk. All messages are treated confidentially.

Flexible & autonomous working

I really enjoyed the flexibility and autonomous environment. It allowed me to be creative and make real progress with projects, supportive management. Great team ethos, really great bunch of people to work with who supported one another at all levels, and worked hard to get the best outcomes.

Pros

Flexible working

Excellent company to work for

I loved my time working at Maximus, I had an amazing manager who was very supportive and flexible. The team were the best team I’ve ever worked with. There is a lot of training and good career progression. The targets are realistic and achievable. What I miss most is the customers, there is no other job that makes you feel proud and making a difference is someone’s life. The role is fast paced and challenging but the most rewarding job you will ever have!

Pros

Lots of development, excellent management, rewarding job

Cons

No team leader roles

An excellent environment to progress and be successful

Maximus are an excellent company to work for which gives you the opportunity to thrive and develop as an individual, and the company allows you to utilise your knowledge and experience to grow in your role. It is also an exciting and fun place to work with a highly supportive culture and best practice is always shared. Management provide very clear and positive direction about the vision for you and the company and are very supportive in their approach. A great place to work and have a career

Pros

Training and Development

Customers Great Management needs work

My team were brilliant, clients that were in my case load were people 90% time. However management are awful in terms of communication and how they feel its appropriate to talk to people and are very ableist, insulting, change the KPI every two days, love to micro-manage and rude.

Maximus is an exciting place to work where the environment is fast paced and geared towards helping to change the lives of it s customers by helping them to find workThe work involved can be challenging however, ultimately, it s rewarding when a customer has improved their life in some way by participating in a programme that is designed to support them into finding work and addressing other issues a customer may have.Maximus recognises the work that their staff engage in and there are many opportunities for career progression for those working in the organisation.Salaries are competitive and staff are constantly being supported to develop their career with various Training and Development programmes available for them to engage and participate inI am fortunate to work with a strong team who are committed to helping people and who are a joy to work with

Pros

Flexible working ; Career progression opportunities

Cons

N/a

Positive and friendly working environment

I have worked at Maximus for almost 10 years and have found it to be a friendly and rewarding place to work .The management are fair and approachable and all staff members are appreciated and cared for.Although it is a target driven and fast paced environment the health and wellbeing of all staff is promoted to ensure a healthy work /life balance.The workplace culture is positive and internal promotion is encouraged throughout the entire company .Being fast paced there is something to learn everyday but this helps with your personal development and their is always a good support network to help you meet challenges and progress forward in your career Overall if you like to work hard but get job satisfaction within a friendly and positive environment then I think Maximus is company you should be exploring .

Pros

Positive and friendly teams with a good work place culture .Good benefit package .

Cons

There are many competitors for Maximus but this makes you strive harder to be the best

Unprofessional. Unrealistic Targets. Avoid

More target driven than anything. No genuine compassion for the participants I do not speak of the Employment Advisors, I speak of Management and Senior Management. Constant negative performance spreadsheets shared that demotivate and demoralise the teams, if we don’t meet targets on a daily/weekly basis we are named and shamed. It is insulting. Extra workloads frequently added on top of an already busy scheduled day. I have always been passionate about helping and supporting people, I have worked in employability for many years but this organisation are the most far removed from the realities of what we do. We are dealing with people who have many barriers to work, some with severe mental health conditions. No concern about their journey, only interested in targets.Lost count of how many good colleagues have left due to bad managementPlease avoidIt is the Most stressful workplace I have ever worked. Very disappointed I gave up a good job with values and principles to change to such unprofessionalism.

Pros

Most of team are lovely and met new friends

Cons

Micromanaged, Low pay, Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maximus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1K