Maximus

United Kingdom163 reviews

Found 163 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,103 reviews
targetprogressionorganisationrolecolleaguesalarysupportfeedback

Nice place to work

Need to improve on pay rate . Great management and everyone is very supportive . Everyone get on like family . London office is nice , great support for anyone who need help with their health

Not as described in advert!

Very target orientated to the point of compromising quality for quantity.Training program included unpaid work at home in evenings and weekends to keep up (not enough time allowed for training process). No training support for those struggling or needing more time (5 out of 10 trainees left); where is the attention to staff retention? Advised on first day "did not need care & compassion"!!

Pros

Pay

Cons

Too many to mention

Insights into Maximus

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

Excellent company to work for

Great job with great perks. Good company ethos. Collaborative approach. Fair pay for role. Targets were fair and achievable. Management understanding

Would not recommend

Worked at the Leicester office in Meridian business ParkOct 2019 - Oct 2022Started off as a call centre agent and worked my way up to being a Team Leader within 3 years.Good breakout area and breaks split in the day.Working shifts from 08:00 - 18:00 rotated each weekThe team I managed were great and colleagues were supportive and helpfulNo training given as a Team Leader and thrown in to the deep end but ok if you are able to adapt and are a quick learner.When off work due to sickness, was made to feel bad.Why did I leave?Being forced to take part in ALL engagement activities even when they are outside of work time and we have other commitments. Then being put down and called out in front of colleagues by senior management if you did not partake.Senior management not supportive and rarely any praise given. Constant negative feedback which was very demotivating.Was called in a room several times to be told, "Your team has always been abit nasty""Trouble team""From where Im sitting, it doesnt look like they're doing any work"The team were hitting targets, had above 90% in their quality with some getting 100% and never missing KPIs. This was not recognised nor praised.The Team Leaders were supportive and genuinly cared for their team however, Senior management were not approachable and didnt care much about their people. 6/7 of the team leaders were unhappy and wanted to leave.When I spoke to senior management about how I feel, they were very defensive and denied their behaviours. Went through a pet bereavement and assumed I would have some support or -

Pros

Free tea coffee and fruit

Cons

Not fleixible, poor management

Bad start great finish

I applied for Migrant help and the organisation was poor after the 2 week training so I moved to another department and enjoy my experiences so far with 5 day weeks with 2 out of 4 weekends to be worked 1 day

Good company but avoid if you are applying to work in Nottingham

Overall Maximus is a global company with great benefits and flexible work life balance but your experience with the company will be impacted by where you are based. The Nottingham office is toxic with no culture. Poor management from senior to floor level. operations manager never available for us to talk to and always talking down to her staff. Lack of support for new starters with alot of pressure to meet all appointments. Also lack of on site parking. very expensive to park everyday if you drive with no financial support from the business.

Pros

Benefits and working hours

Cons

Management/Environment

Employability Coaches management are outstanding

I was hired by the employability coach team. They were the best managers I have had. Always supportive and upbeat. They created an amazing team culture. I do not know what the other departments were like, but the Coaching department was great.

Pros

Cons

Salary not high enough though industry competitive

Would not recommend

Very stressful environment, with no support from management. Training is done remotely with no physical training or buddy to support you after. Staff start and leave when they want. There is no concerns for your safety and the procedures are not followed to regarding convicts or lone working. You are expected to do over time with no pay & 0 help. Management are never in office & change your rota regularly. Newbies are left to fend for themselves. When performance is poor, management will blame you for their incompetence with no monthly reviews for you to improve. You get over the maxiumum case load as soon as you start.

Pros

Flexibility?

Cons

No support, constant rota changes, no monthly reviews, high caseload, terrible management of teams

Avoid for your own sanity!!!

Maximus won a contract to provide welfare services to those in need in association with the JCP. All sounds great until you realise they didn’t have the infrastructure set up before bidding for this contract. I worked as an Employment Advisor in West Yorkshire and honestly the company is a shambles. Our office , if you can call it an office, consisted of an adult colleges’ canteen. Complete with members of staff walking through to access their fridge and kitchen area. All while we are holding meetings with participants in the same room. The way things are done changes on a daily basis, giving further proof that no one actually knows what they are doing. Managers have no managerial experience and sometimes no experience of the job they are supervising. Give preferential treatment to some staff and completely ignore others. If you just attempt to get on with your work you will be pushed to the wayside in favour of louder less professional colleagues. Targets driven in to you on an hourly basis with no incentive to meet them beside threats from above. I was told I was passing my probation with flying colours until the day of my probation meeting where they had moved the goalposts. All of a sudden I was not passing probation. Just so the higher up management can increase their stats and ego. Every job you get for a participant, Maximus makes money from. You are pushed into achieving job starts in any way possible. If you want to work in the Welfare sector, find a company that cares about its participants and less about profit like Maximus does.

Not Enjoyable place to work

So ive been here 2 years when I first got my interview and then my job I was feeling happy and great, but sadly its not all joyful as you would expect. The place is really small and not a great vibe to be here. I wouldn't say its bad but border level can be toxic. People tend to speak each others back. There is no room for development when they say there is. When you call in sick they treat you as a criminal like you have let them down. Its good job wise if you have no aspirations or goals, if your just happy with a 9-5 and that's it then perfect. But I wouldn't work if you want to progress.

Pressure from the company is unreal

Basically the company won a government bid and did not think of staff wellbeing, the bid expects everything in so much detail but still taking a high caseload of people. Staff sick rate is appauling as people have no motivation to work and the pressure from management to do other peoples work ontop of your own for the same pay is ridiculous. NOT a disability confident employer unless it is physical so they can see it. Old fashioned corporate nonsense

Pros

Nothing, take work from home days away as punishment

Cons

Pay for own milk, Give 100 and you are still a disappointment

Very difficult

This company is not great to work for. Your constantly waiting around to see if you can go ahead with your next lot of training. If you are not upto their standards they get rid of you. The training is extremely difficult and they want you to be perfect after 3 months. Management are not clinical. They must be losing a lot of money putting people through the training and then getting rid of them!

Stressful and demoralising

As many have said, clinicians managed by none clinical managers is never going to work. So much pressure on the clinicians to fly through the assessments each day without any regard to the customers . The slogan of this company is “helping people move forward with their lives” when in actual fact it is the complete opposite . This job has ruined my mental health and has trapped myself and many colleagues due to the salary they offer .

Great workplace to develop

Maximus offers a great work environment. Good work life balance and training throughout. Wonderful team to work with in Dewsbury and managers always ready to offer support.

Great Place to Work

Thoroughly enjoy my job. It is a challenging yet rewarding role. There are great progression opportunities and fantastic Health benefits. Would recommend to a friend.

Really good place to work

Nice work environment, good management, and a rewarding job. The hours are 9-5 Monday to Friday. Good Holiday time. Decent Wage and friendly co workers

Pros

rewarding job

Cons

nothing

Maximus UK is a great place to work.

Maximus UK is a great place to work. The organisation consists of great people who support you to excel in your role. There is a great training and development programme in place and brilliant entertainment and social events. I get great job satisfaction in supporting RESTART participants to move closer to the job market.

Pros

Great social events

Team Attitude

Excellent place to work, the teams across Dewsbury and Huddersfield help each other through the process of transforming lives.The training is continuous and management are helpful when you need advice.

Pros

Friendly and rewarding

Fantastic place to work

Superb Company. Great People to work with. Healthy work life Balance. Career advancement and Plenty of room for growth within the company. I would recommend working here.

Supportive employer

Typical day at work can change quite frequently. Busy spells and quiet spells, in general I feel pretty well supported by colleagues and management and personal lives are valued pretty highly.The hardest part of the job is the targets, as sometimes it can feel like your ability to hit them is out of your control. For the most part management will tell you not to worry about it but it's still a bit of a lingering worry.The best part would be the flexibility in home working and being treated like a person and not a number.

Pros

WFH days, Flexibility

Cons

Targets

Rewarding Role

No day is the same within the office, the environment is fast paced but regular breaks are encouraged and their is support available.It is very rewarding when you hear that your participant has got the job they worked so hard to get.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maximus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Maximus with

Learn about Maximus in popular locations

• Maximus