Maximus
Happiness score is 48 out of 100

Maximus

Maximus Employee Review

Not Enjoyable place to work

So ive been here 2 years when I first got my interview and then my job I was feeling happy and great, but sadly its not all joyful as you would expect. The place is really small and not a great vibe to be here. I wouldn't say its bad but border level can be toxic. People tend to speak each others back. There is no room for development when they say there is. When you call in sick they treat you as a criminal like you have let them down. Its good job wise if you have no aspirations or goals, if your just happy with a 9-5 and that's it then perfect. But I wouldn't work if you want to progress.

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Unproductive

No good incentive to work past the 2nd week and pay is not guaranteed, management is really nice. door to door sales from 12pm - 11pm is a typical day long journeys at your own expense. commission although noone states this.

Pros

nice people

Cons

long hours, no benefits
Same location

Would not recommend

Worked at the Leicester office in Meridian business ParkOct 2019 - Oct 2022Started off as a call centre agent and worked my way up to being a Team Leader within 3 years.Good breakout area and breaks split in the day.Working shifts from 08:00 - 18:00 rotated each weekThe team I managed were great and colleagues were supportive and helpfulNo training given as a Team Leader and thrown in to the deep end but ok if you are able to adapt and are a quick learner.When off work due to sickness, was made to feel bad.Why did I leave?Being forced to take part in ALL engagement activities even when they are outside of work time and we have other commitments. Then being put down and called out in front of colleagues by senior management if you did not partake.Senior management not supportive and rarely any praise given. Constant negative feedback which was very demotivating.Was called in a room several times to be told, "Your team has always been abit nasty""Trouble team""From where Im sitting, it doesnt look like they're doing any work"The team were hitting targets, had above 90% in their quality with some getting 100% and never missing KPIs. This was not recognised nor praised.The Team Leaders were supportive and genuinly cared for their team however, Senior management were not approachable and didnt care much about their people. 6/7 of the team leaders were unhappy and wanted to leave.When I spoke to senior management about how I feel, they were very defensive and denied their behaviours. Went through a pet bereavement and assumed I would have some support or -

Pros

Free tea coffee and fruit

Cons

Not fleixible, poor management
Same location

Toxic company

I’ll try to stick to the facts, rather than pour out my hatred for this company. Pros - friendly colleagues. People tend to stick together when you’re all in the same boat. - clean, new facilities- salary isn’t too bad for a first job- the work itself can be extremely stressful but once you get the hang of it, it’s easy Cons - two-faced management - constant negative feedback, delivered in a passive aggressive or downright aggressive way, depending on the manager’s mood that day- regular threats of a disciplinary/failing probation period (which is 6 months)- no sick pay during probation period (and 6 months is a long time)- if you do have a sick day, you get phoned by a manager asking questions, then have a back to work meeting to discuss your absence… after one day off- favouritism of loud mouthed employees- you are timed from the second you log in until you log off, toilet breaks are timed for the whole place to see. - holiday requests regularly refused, even if you give two weeks notice as is the policy- if you have a home emergency or important appointment, they refuse to let you go- managers shout over everyone in the open plan office at you if you make a mistake - people leaving all the time, always short staffed, and the ones who are still there are desperately looking for another job - guidelines change daily with no one really knowing what’s going on, so you’re set up to fail due to never having been told clearly The saddest thing is that most of the employees are quite young, and think this is how a workplace should be.

Pros

I met some lovely people there, oh and free fruit!

Cons

Too many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maximus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Maximus with

Learn about Maximus in popular locations

• Maximus
  • Not Enjoyable place to work
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?