Maximus
Happiness score is 48 out of 100

Maximus

Maximus Employee Review

Avoid for your own sanity!!!

Maximus won a contract to provide welfare services to those in need in association with the JCP. All sounds great until you realise they didn’t have the infrastructure set up before bidding for this contract. I worked as an Employment Advisor in West Yorkshire and honestly the company is a shambles. Our office , if you can call it an office, consisted of an adult colleges’ canteen. Complete with members of staff walking through to access their fridge and kitchen area. All while we are holding meetings with participants in the same room. The way things are done changes on a daily basis, giving further proof that no one actually knows what they are doing. Managers have no managerial experience and sometimes no experience of the job they are supervising. Give preferential treatment to some staff and completely ignore others. If you just attempt to get on with your work you will be pushed to the wayside in favour of louder less professional colleagues. Targets driven in to you on an hourly basis with no incentive to meet them beside threats from above. I was told I was passing my probation with flying colours until the day of my probation meeting where they had moved the goalposts. All of a sudden I was not passing probation. Just so the higher up management can increase their stats and ego. Every job you get for a participant, Maximus makes money from. You are pushed into achieving job starts in any way possible. If you want to work in the Welfare sector, find a company that cares about its participants and less about profit like Maximus does.

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Excellent company to work for

Great job with great perks. Good company ethos. Collaborative approach. Fair pay for role. Targets were fair and achievable. Management understanding
Same role

Good company but avoid if you are applying to work in Nottingham

Overall Maximus is a global company with great benefits and flexible work life balance but your experience with the company will be impacted by where you are based. The Nottingham office is toxic with no culture. Poor management from senior to floor level. operations manager never available for us to talk to and always talking down to her staff. Lack of support for new starters with alot of pressure to meet all appointments. Also lack of on site parking. very expensive to park everyday if you drive with no financial support from the business.

Pros

Benefits and working hours

Cons

Management/Environment

Would not recommend

Very stressful environment, with no support from management. Training is done remotely with no physical training or buddy to support you after. Staff start and leave when they want. There is no concerns for your safety and the procedures are not followed to regarding convicts or lone working. You are expected to do over time with no pay & 0 help. Management are never in office & change your rota regularly. Newbies are left to fend for themselves. When performance is poor, management will blame you for their incompetence with no monthly reviews for you to improve. You get over the maxiumum case load as soon as you start.

Pros

Flexibility?

Cons

No support, constant rota changes, no monthly reviews, high caseload, terrible management of teams

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maximus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Maximus with

Learn about Maximus in popular locations

• Maximus
  • Avoid for your own sanity!!!