Mayday Healthcare

Mayday Healthcare Employee Reviews

Assisting residents with the daily needs of living, Washing, Dressing and encouraging independent living at the same time. Keeping their dignity at times which they may feel unconfterable and distressed. General upkeep of the home, Cleaning, Health and safety checks
The London office is dysfunctional. Unprofessional management, appalling communications (if any). Took over 2 months to get to the point of receiving an ID badge despite repeatedly messaging and telephoning them. Invest your time with Mayday with caution. Messages/calls are rarely responded to. Complete waste of time. After nearly 3 months still have not had a single shift from them.
Cons
Terrible communication, no organisation, completely dysfunctional
Mayday healthcare are a company who are still resting on the laurels of their old successes. They are the old fading rockstar at a party of millennials, telling anyone who will listen about all their past glories. I was told that mayday healthcare are the best company to work for and I could expect to make “thousands in commission”. I had an interview with one of the directors who sold me a dream about what I would be doing if I accepted a position with them. From his relaxed attire and blank expression when asked more technical questions about the job, I should have taken this as my first warning. But alas, I decided to accept the job offer. Once I started work at Mayday I saw the work culture for what it was: stressful, unfulfilling and humiliating. If you weren’t in the inner circle with senior management, you and your work were always ridiculed. I have witnessed employees being teased regarding their size, ethnicity, etc. And this passed off as “office banter”You were given no help or guidance and were often thrown into the deep end and told to figure things out. There was absolutely No Help from senior management and other employees appeared reluctant to help. You are constantly asked for “updates in 25 minutes please” and more often than not, you would receive a written tongue lashing telling you to work harder. On the off chance you produced miracles, you would receive absolutely no praise. After a week of your self worth being ridiculed, you are handsomely rewarded with dominos pizza and alcohol on Fridays. Lucky us!Employees who had been there for - more...
Pros
You get to go home at the end of the day
Cons
Long hours, favouritism, No commission, no progression, bad work/life balance
No communicationDon’t get paid by the hourVery hard to get time offNo trainingManagement is backwardsStaff leave all the time Very short staffedYou are not even told that u have got the job, if you apply for mayday and they ring you back to tell you you have and interview, you have the job.
Pros
You get more than one break a day.
Cons
Not plenty of shifts as advertised in Shropshire area. They don't pay you what's promised. If you go under the umbrella company that pays you they take a cut plus more. They cancel your shifts and you don't know till you turn up. They promise to pay money back owed to you but always palm you off with some excuse I really wouldn't recommend wasting your time.
I enjoy my job at mayday the staff and clients are great to work with and also the other cares are great to work with help out as much as the can and it is very understanding company
I was with mayday for over 3 years. I got paid well for one year then I relocated other place that’s when they started paying me less for each shifts . Total 380 pounds less and never paid. When I moved to Winchester , there was another consultant and she was paying me well aswell. For last 2 months they paid me less for all shifts. When I asked they say that’s what I agreed for. I have clear eveidence with email what they have agreed. They owe 260 pounds . In total 640 pounds . This is not small amount . I changed agency at last . So many of my friends told me before that they cheat on pay at some point .
Don't get paid on tim, if you do get paid on time it's incorrect. Communication with staff is non existent. They seem to be able to recruit all immature, rude staff. I can't even rate the CEO because I don't know who he is. The turn over of staff is ridiculous.
Cons
worked both day/nights.During the day give the residents, get them ready for for the day. at night put them to bed and check on them during the night.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
8 to 12 hours
Awful place to work No very friendly Very selfish people to work with awful atmosphere Lot of unprofessional people working here who should not be working in care
The people who work here, their lives become this job. Its an awful environment justified by one annual drunken evening. The job I had, didn't pay near enough as much as it should and there is clear favouritism when it comes to certain staff members regarding pay.
Pros
They don't complain when I want to pray.
Cons
Accountability is so stringent, it they will follow you to the grave.
Agency nursing is well paid, but has no job security.I am looking for a permanent role, with all the benefits that brings. I am looking for a new challenge.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
no security
A typical day at Mayday Healthcare, i would start by going through around 60-80 emails, getting back to questions from both staff and clients. I would be filing personal and legal documentation, using microsoft word, excel and outlook. I learned how to hold myself in a professional manner both in person and on the phone. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting new clients cleared to work for our company.
  1. Employee reviews