Mayfair Granite

Mayfair Granite Employee Reviews

Fun Company to work for

Featured review

Mayfair Granite selected this as a representative review
I started working for Mayfair Granite in 2017 and I can say it was the best decision of my life. The managers are the nicest people and I get on well with all the team, which is rare in itself. Sales can be high pressure specially when you're having a bad week and not hitting your targets, but the managers at Mayfair are very supportive and really motivate you to get the best out of you. Unfortunately due to the pandemic we have not been able to do any of the exciting activities we did previously, including an all expenses trip to Lanzarote in 2019. Next year we are planning on going to Dubai.

Pros

fun, great activities, supportive managers, warm leads- no cold calling, good bonus

Great workplace

Unfortunately I had to leave the company early this year as I have now relocated to London, however if you are looking for progression and a great place to work then Mayfair granite is definitely the place for you. I started off in the office and worked my way up to management over the 3 years I was with the company and this has really helped me progress in my career and opened a lot of opportunities for me. If I was to move back to Leeds I would not hesitate to work for the company.

Pros

Career Progression

5 Star

Working at Mayfair Granite is great. The owners are really helpful and friendly and this is a great place to help me progress in my career. I would highly recommended working here. The recruitment team make the onboarding process really easy from start to finish. Overall a great company to be working for.

Pros

Career Progression

Cons

Non

Real Job Satisfaction

I have worked for lots of companies during my 15 year career working with granite and quartz. But Mayfair Granite have been a pleasure to work for from day one, the quality of work coming out the factory is second to none. Making you job as an installer so much easier and most jobs go in without any issues. You get real job satisfaction knowing you are giving a customer a quality product. The communication and organisation is brilliant no waiting around for the jobs to get ready, when you come to load up you jobs are ready and labelled. Also they provide you with the best tools for the job. You also get paid for travel time and overtime unlike other companies i have worked for in the past.

Pros

organised, good communication, no waiting around, new tools & van

Cons

Mayfair is a great place to work

Great experience to work at Mayfair Granite will truly miss the team and environment. Wish i could have stayed, but unfortunatly had to leave due to family reasons. Was a great place to work the team and management are all friendly and approchable.

Pros

management, bonus, culture

Cons

non

Great Place to Work

I worked at Mayfair Granite for 5 years in the time I was there the directors provided me with great support and weren't scared to muck in like many other directors I have worked for. They really made me feel like apart of the family, lots of team building including spa days, Michelin star restaurants and weekends away all paid by the company. A real work hard party hard mentality. Will be sad to leave, due to relocating.

Pros

family culture, team building: spa days, weekends away.

Very Good Opportunity

If you are willing to work hard and put in the hours the opportunity to learn and progress are there. Unlike previous jobs I've had where there is no where to progress here I learnt a trade, which has opened up doors for me. I will forever remember my time at Mayfair Granite and be grateful for the opportunities that were given to me!

Pros

opportunity to progress, learn a trade

Love my job

love my job to bits, lots of progression opportunities available constantly leaning new machines. As the job satisfaction of working with natural marble and see the finishing product that you made is wonderful.

Pros

progression

Cons

can be hard work

Best Job I have Ever Had

Pros

progression

Cons

can be hard work

Brilliant prospects

I have worked here for 9 months now, starting off as a labourer and worked my way upto a fitter. So happy I joined this company as I know have a trade behind me, they delivered on what was promised to me.

Pros

brilliant prospects, learn a trade

Cons

can be long hours

Worst place to work

Run by a family who have no respect for anyone who works for them. As far as they're concerned they pay your wages so they own your life. They will talk down to you like you're worthless. Do not work for them you will regret it and when you leave you will never see your week in hand pay or your holiday pay. You will also never see a payslip. I can't stress enough what horrible people they are. Don't apply.

Pros

Seriously nothing

Cons

Treated like scum

Best Job I've Ever Had

The sales team is brilliant, real buzz in the office. Everyone gets on well and the team target really brings us together. Somedays can be tough when your struggling to sell, but my manager is always very supportive.

Pros

Brilliant Team

Horrible Place To Work

If you can find employment else where do. Always looking to up grade staff , your position is never safe. They continually advertise for staff most of the time with no intention to recruit. They just look to see if there are better and cheaper candidate than the ones they got,

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Account Manager - Avoid!

In order to meet your weekly target and receive commission you will need to work most Saturdays. Fast paced, aggressive and pushy sales techniques. They are not afraid to rubbish the competition in order to steal the sale.

Pros

Cons

Working most weekends 6 days a week

Brilliant Company

I really enjoyed my time at Mayfair Granite the office had a great buzz and everyone was very friendly. I actually enjoyed coming into work. Unfortunately I had to leave due to person reasons, which they were very understanding about and even shorten my notice period to allow me to be with my family.

Fast paced, busy office

Very fast paced and busy office with always plenty to do. Amazing, premium product granite and quartz worktops and some high tech machinery in the factory to back it up.

Real Family Culture

Brilliant company to work for, really made me feel like I was part of a big family. With lots of team building activities and treats. Worked at a lot of other companies in my time who promised the world but never delivered. At Mayfair Granite I got exactly what I was promised in terms of salary/bonus and what the job involved. Unfortunately I had to leave the company due to emigrating to Australia with my family, which they were completely understanding and supportive of.

Great place to be

Been working at Mayfair Granite for 6 months nows in sales and really enjoying it. My colleague and management are really friendly and supportive. There a real buzz in the office and team spirit.

Pros

supportive and friend managment

Excellent Company to work for

I have been working for Mayfair Granite for over 3 years now as a Telesales Executive. The company has grown rapidly since I started, but has managed to maintain a family culture. We regularly go out for spa breaks, posh meals and weekends away for team building. The company has a really good reputation online making it easier to sell to customers. All the leads are warm and the customer expects you to call them, so there is no dreaded cold calling.

Pros

weekly bonus, spa breaks, weekends away, posh meals out & family atmosphere

Cons

only con is you finish at 6pm

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mayfair Granite. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2