Mayfair Granite

Mayfair Granite Employee Reviews

I started working for Mayfair Granite in 2017 and I can say it was the best decision of my life. The managers are the nicest people and I get on well with all the team, which is rare in itself. Sales can be high pressure specially when you're having a bad week and not hitting your targets, but the managers at Mayfair are very supportive and really motivate you to get the best out of you. Unfortunately due to the pandemic we have not been able to do any of the exciting activities we did previously, including an all expenses trip to Lanzarote in 2019. Next year we are planning on going to Dubai.
Pros
fun, great activities, supportive managers, warm leads- no cold calling, good bonus
Cons
Great experience to work at Mayfair Granite will truly miss the team and environment. Wish i could have stayed, but unfortunatly had to leave due to family reasons. Was a great place to work the team and management are all friendly and approchable.
Pros
management, bonus, culture
Cons
non
I worked at Mayfair Granite for 5 years in the time I was there the directors provided me with great support and weren't scared to muck in like many other directors I have worked for. They really made me feel like apart of the family, lots of team building including spa days, Michelin star restaurants and weekends away all paid by the company. A real work hard party hard mentality. Will be sad to leave, due to relocating.
Pros
family culture, team building: spa days, weekends away.
Cons
If you are willing to work hard and put in the hours the opportunity to learn and progress are there. Unlike previous jobs I've had where there is no where to progress here I learnt a trade, which has opened up doors for me. I will forever remember my time at Mayfair Granite and be grateful for the opportunities that were given to me!
Pros
opportunity to progress, learn a trade
Cons
love my job to bits, lots of progression opportunities available constantly leaning new machines. As the job satisfaction of working with natural marble and see the finishing product that you made is wonderful.
Pros
progression
Cons
can be hard work
Pros
progression
Cons
can be hard work
I have worked here for 9 months now, starting off as a labourer and worked my way upto a fitter. So happy I joined this company as I know have a trade behind me, they delivered on what was promised to me.
Pros
brilliant prospects, learn a trade
Cons
can be long hours
Run by a family who have no respect for anyone who works for them. As far as they're concerned they pay your wages so they own your life. They will talk down to you like you're worthless. Do not work for them you will regret it and when you leave you will never see your week in hand pay or your holiday pay. You will also never see a payslip. I can't stress enough what horrible people they are. Don't apply.
Pros
Seriously nothing
Cons
Treated like scum
The sales team is brilliant, real buzz in the office. Everyone gets on well and the team target really brings us together. Somedays can be tough when your struggling to sell, but my manager is always very supportive.
Pros
Brilliant Team
If you can find employment else where do. Always looking to up grade staff , your position is never safe. They continually advertise for staff most of the time with no intention to recruit. They just look to see if there are better and cheaper candidate than the ones they got,
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
In order to meet your weekly target and receive commission you will need to work most Saturdays. Fast paced, aggressive and pushy sales techniques. They are not afraid to rubbish the competition in order to steal the sale.
Pros
Cons
Working most weekends 6 days a week
I really enjoyed my time at Mayfair Granite the office had a great buzz and everyone was very friendly. I actually enjoyed coming into work. Unfortunately I had to leave due to person reasons, which they were very understanding about and even shorten my notice period to allow me to be with my family.
Very fast paced and busy office with always plenty to do. Amazing, premium product granite and quartz worktops and some high tech machinery in the factory to back it up.
Brilliant company to work for, really made me feel like I was part of a big family. With lots of team building activities and treats. Worked at a lot of other companies in my time who promised the world but never delivered. At Mayfair Granite I got exactly what I was promised in terms of salary/bonus and what the job involved. Unfortunately I had to leave the company due to emigrating to Australia with my family, which they were completely understanding and supportive of.
Been working at Mayfair Granite for 6 months nows in sales and really enjoying it. My colleague and management are really friendly and supportive. There a real buzz in the office and team spirit.
Pros
supportive and friend managment
Cons
I have been working for Mayfair Granite for over 3 years now as a Telesales Executive. The company has grown rapidly since I started, but has managed to maintain a family culture. We regularly go out for spa breaks, posh meals and weekends away for team building. The company has a really good reputation online making it easier to sell to customers. All the leads are warm and the customer expects you to call them, so there is no dreaded cold calling.
Pros
weekly bonus, spa breaks, weekends away, posh meals out & family atmosphere
Cons
only con is you finish at 6pm