Mazars Employee Reviews

United Kingdom40 reviews

teamstaffgoodworkinggreatworkjobplace

Depends who you work with

People will make or break your experience Lack of transparency Long hours Benefits quote above the average Salary in line with the market, bonus is poor

Ok place

Most people are nice and easy to get along with and work life balance better than big 4Hybrid working sometimes non existentHigh turnover, lots of people leaving across all levels

Insights into Mazars

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Not amazing

Pros- Work life balance is better than big 4, little overtime - good exposure for people new to auditCons- hybrid working policy is often disregarded by some senior management, mandating in office or on client site all week - cost of living payrise is 2% - Understaffed- Professional development team is disorganised

productive fun low pay

pay has to improve to keep up with the middle market, overall nice place to work, and good stepping stone to industry roles. You can also also to be involved in certain industries and clients, eg cyber or cloud.Progression is in line with other firms eg associate 1 and 2 then senior 1 and 2 then assistant manager and manager grade.

Not a bad place to work

Strict work hours with no flexibility. Very quiet office, salary only increased when they found they couldnt recruit at the salary I was on. Team members doing same job paid more. Old fashioned practices and stuck in the 1990s.

Pros

Free coffee and biscuits. Good exposure to various types of work.

Cons

Toil weighted to company rather than staff.

Good company overall

Not a bad place to work in general but they could improve by doing a benchmark on salaries and pay its staff more. Overall good workplace culture and good range of work

Pros

Good range of work

Cons

Pay isn't as competitive

Excellent place to work

Very good - lots of opportunity to grow. Team is excellent. People are freindly and it feels very flat structure. Lots of training and professional qualifications.

Pros

Training

Cons

Laidback culture, no sense of appreciation

No sense of appreciation of the work you do. Extremely laid back culture which has its pros and cons. Unfortunately I would not recommend to a friend because I was unhappy there and felt there was no sense of development/growth.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

No personal development/appraisal process

Very positive working environment

I had a very positive experience working at Mazars. Would totally recommend applying for any role given the chance. Excellent work culture and lots of encouragement.

Pros

Great culture

Cons

A professional workplace with lots of support from each member of the admin team

My time working at Mazars was a very positive experience. As part of a small administration team, there was a lot of support for each other and every day processes worked smoothly and effectively due to good team work. Communication was key and all Investment Managers and support teams were readily available to answer queries.

Mazars

The work culture at Mazars is very flexible and has provided me a great work/life balance which is very important to me. However progression within the firm is very limited.

No staff

Unable to recruit staff to deliver audit in new public sector section meant that we were unable to deliver the quality of audit expected by the client base - and led to no work/life balance and constant fire-fighting

Good environment

The people are friendly and welcoming and the offices are really beautiful. Mazars hot desk which means you can sit anywhere you like, including special sound proof pods

Mazars

Good company to start a career, nice teams and good projects

Payroll Department

Pretty awful place to work, cliche culture, understaffed/overworked and will sell hopes and dreams. There are better paid and greener fields elsewhere

Great place to work.

Mazars is a friendly and great place to work. The staff are lovely and there are always job opportunities. There are different sectors you can move to and gain experience in.

Productive and nice people.

I was able to work with really good people who helped me enhance my skills in the IT industry. I was taught to build machines off a SCCM server and learned how to troubleshoot Cisco IP phones and faulty monitor displays.

Pros

Nice people

Great for new Graduates

Mazars is a great place to start off your career. The Business develops you as a person and provides opportunities which are helpful for new starters.

Pros

Cons

Work-life balance

Enjoyed

I was a temp here for a number of months and was made to feel incredibly welcome and part of the team. It was a lovely environment to work in working 3 days a week.

Very good place to learn

My main remit was the production of management accounts for my portfolio of clients. Although I also looked after the VAT returns and the production of financial statements on a yearly basis.

Pros

Good education

Personal assistant to corporate tax partner & tax team

Good place to work, as Company was National & International. Provided confidential PA/Secretarial support to Corporate Tax Partner and Tax Team. Role was varied on a daily basis and enjoyable. Good working environment. Employees tended to have worked for business for many years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mazars. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Mazars with

Learn about Mazars in popular locations

• Mazars