McDonald's
Happiness score is 44 out of 100

McDonald's Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16,367 reviews

Found 16,367 reviews matching the searchSee all 210,274 reviews

Productive, good pay, enjoyable at times, poor management.

Overall I’d say it’s an ideal place to work if you need a good earning job, the pay is great, you can meet new friends, learn lots of new things however the management is quite poor, they barely listen to your needs regarding your schedule/time off and they can be quite demanding of you. The management staff can seem to sometimes judge crew members / talk to them in a rude manner. It’s a good place if you need money and is a good thing to have on your cv / work history.

It’s okay

It’s okay, but it will depend on the store that you work at. The current one I’m at it’s really not enjoyable. You’ll be scheduled for more shifts when you’ve explained you can’t. Not a great work life balance I’m more at work then at home.

Pros

Free break food

Cons

Not much of a work life balance.

Insights into McDonald's

Based on 1,475 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Awful company

Absolutely hated working for mcdonalds, the hours are unsociable and management don’t care enough to work around school schedules and don’t book your holidays even if you request them months in advance

Fun

It's a good place to work if your still in education the part time hours are good and so is the pay. However depending on the McDonald's the current staff can be rude to new starts

Pros

Feee lunch

Cons

N/a

Flexible and Fair

Mcdonalds is good as a student job; it's really flexible with school and pays fair for under 18s so would recommend over other jobs. They're also able to transfer you to other McDonald's restaurants if you move elsewhere which is a bonus.

worse job in weymouth dont bother

Clean everything for everyone because everyone lazy ., nobody washes there hands so if you dirty and a robot this is the perfect job for you the managment think you going rob the whole of weymouth and breath down you neck if you touch a till or get anything from the stock room . you not allowed to eat anything unless you earn points even mistakes by accident , they will make you clean and do all the jobs nobody else wants to do for the first months untill someone new comes unless they dont like you , the place is fithly dirty the burgers are kept in a warmer for hours on end and the cheese has that classic orange tint and dried out and they still put it on . staff that been there a while cant even put a slice of cheese on a bun and you have to correct there mistakes leading to more mistakes as you put under pressure and shouted at by dummys that cant even speak english or have a understandable voice to train you . nights is the best you wash up from 10pm - 6pm and just get talked down by a bunch of incompentent manangement . they will stand behind you as you serve customers incase you take the 15 quid thats in the till . disgusting horrible job DONT BOTHER

Good first time job.

Good place for a first team job, a lot of good employees. Good for progression. Down fall is they can schedule you shifts out of hours you have provided.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Shifts out of hours

Learned a lot, but I would recommend avoiding company.

In the near 5 years I worked there, I have mixed feelings. In my current position, I realize the managers have no real care for you and are quick to drop you like you meant nothing after one mistake. You are just a number in there, and if they ask you for promotion and you feel you aren't ready for it, trust your gut, don't listen to them, they only want numbers to look good. I've made some close friends in McDonalds, all who have left and moved on, and I can finally say, I'm free to do something new and hopefully more liberating with my life now and can put this toxic company behind me.Granted, I picked up some knowledge and skills during management training, and I've made my own share of mistakes which I will continually learn from where ever I go next, but if I were asked "Would you recommend working for McDonalds?" I would never in a million years condone the idea of it. I was warned when applying, and I wish I listened but we live and learn.

My experience was great

It's a lovely working environment. All the staff were helpful. There were trainers to train newcomers. People were so friendly, though this work was quite stressful.

Fun workplace

It's a amazing days that had my past 4years .. thank you McDonalds team UAE...I worked only 3 outlet The most forgettable memories I had in Enoc gardens 54041.. hahaha thanks for the memories keep rocking mCd👏👏👏

its ok

f you want a job with no promotion prospects ,long hours/ shifts , with managers that dont care about staff as long as the shift is covered.They will take anybody with an sia badge , so the calibre of guards dont matter, and it shows in their attitude to their work., prefering to play on their phones or tablets when not checked or supervised.Yes, this is the career for you, if you cant get a real job!

It’s okay

It’s an okay place to work if your young. However, the managers and general environment can be very schoolike. It’s an okay job with decent pay. The actual job in itself is really easy and the shifts go in really quickly.

Pros

Free lunch

Okay

Essentially like what you would expect from working at this franchise, so I wouldn’t say anything else otherwise. Just letting you know that depending where you work the job can be sufficient

fast paced

great place to work if you’re a student because they’re very flexible and take into account school commitments however you have to be able to work into a fast paced environment because you’ll face a different situation everyday. it’s not as easy as people think, i’ve seen many people come and go because they can’t keep up with the pace. overall, it’s a great place to work. and plus the free food on your break is a plus :)

Pros

free lunches, very flexible

Cons

shifts can be very tight if there’s no staff

I worked at macdonalds as a crew member I enjoyed my time hear while I was employed I worked and was trained on all stations I even worked as a lobby hostess

Pros

Staff are all lovley and free meals

Cons

Late hours

Busy workplace

always busy and good hours. Progression is based on likeability with management and not skill set. Constant bickering and drama fuelled like a school playground. One manager was awful. Nasty, power hungry, horrible human who takes pride in belittling others to make herself feel taller than 3ft. Not a great example of how managers should be to the younger staff experiencing worklife for the first time.

Stressful

The pay is alright but the overall stressful environment can be very exhausting. The only good thing I would say is that you get to have free food during lunch break. Management didn’t care about about staff and they clearly had their favourites .

Pros

Free lunches

Don’t work there

Give you schedule two days in advance, overwork you, rude management, mess you around with shifts so you don’t have time to do thing out off work, give you 11 hour gaps such as finish at 6 in the morning then back in at five, refuse to put more staff on shift because off the pay rise they don’t want to pay staff so reduce hours instead, therefore you have to do 4 peoples jobs at once and still get told your not doing enough, they don’t care about you and don’t train staff properly, hygiene there is horrible as well ants and flys everywhere, you make a drink and next thing you’ve got ants crawling up your arm. The managers don’t do anything sit in the office all day then come and shout at you when they feel like it, you can email and ring 60 times and the phone doesn’t get answered, Much more negative things than this but overall don’t work there.

Matienance man

Was losing the will to live wanted to kill a teenager a day chatted to a anger management consultant weekly meds helped only worked 11 hours a week 1 more hour i would have been on a gbh charge or even worse retired now and almost back to living a normal life

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Teenagers

Fun workplace

Fun and enjoyable no 2 days the same Great team. Great training they make sure you receive plenty of training. Your in a fast paced environment working with good people

Very good place to work

Very fast paced environment, flexible shifts, work with very lovey and caring staff that make you feel welcome. The environment is very fast but will keep you on your toes.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Very busy

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement