McGinley Support Services

McGinley Support Services Employee Reviews

Worked for them but main works was for NWR covering Aspro asset protection do the odd ES for them but they don’t do well in looking after your rail tickets ie assessments leave it very late to be done so lost me my ES ticket not happy about
Pros
Loads of new places
Cons
Not great in supporting you at times
I've not been paid for the week that I worked, and it is now 3 weeks later. I got told that the job was permanent when after a week I was told I wasnt needed. Cant get my pay no one answers any phone and I cant get in contact
Pros
Quick work
Cons
No pay
Unorganised and dishonest company. Had to beg for my wages to be paid for 3 months. Got told loads of work is on but was working 3 shifts a week maximum.
Pros
Cons
Minimal amount shifts and do not pay on time
Office staff don't give you midweek work if you don't take a weekend shift with 2 hours notice, only give you one shift a week 90% of the time and if you complain for more work it gets took off you. Alot of favouritism and office workers take shifts from rail workers and put themselves out as point ops. In all the companys a joke, the office workers are liers with no morals, salary is attorocious and
Pros
Cons
working with people who have no disclosure, men driving work vans with previous convictions who have hurt other people. All round joke.
I'll take work from them when its offered. Any mistakes made are rectified Quickly. Decent set up. Prompt service . Even with a few changes in management information was passed over quickly. Nice office staff.
Not much work unless you get on well with office staff. Generally only weekend work available. No travel time for work up north or down south. Umbrella company takes extortionate amount of wages. Last minute notice for shifts, sometimes few hours before
The Company were very un-organised and I struggled to work for them I could have a full week in work to completely nothing at all When the work was there, it was good but after that you were just thrown away
I did not work there long enough to give a precise review, but the company culture has to change, all departments not keen to collaborate a lack of the team work ethiv.
In the airdrie office I think they train them to lie to you on a phone u take a weekend off u don't get shifts during the week they don't want you having a life alot of favouritism with them too stay away from this company
Where should I start. First the office staff are very uncooperative won't listen to anyone issues to do with work an the individual. Secondly McGinley are the only company in the railway industry that don't pay well according to the nature of work that you do. Thirdly it's very hard to move forward i mean progress as an individual unless you know someone in the office.
I really enjoyed my time with this company, they were great with support if you had personal issues and were a great, friendly place to work. I would recommend anyone take a job with them.
Pros
Friendly, supportive staff
Cons
boring mundane tasks,all the top jobs are taken,management are fat and hide in office behind phones,they are all hated by workforce due to their attitudes,moaning culture with workforce just wanting to know what time the shift will finish at,the hardest part is putting up with the operatives as they talk rubbish and inform in the office to make themselves seem better workers by brown nosing and the office cant even suss it ,the ones who go into in the office are worth a watching,no enjoyable part of job
Pros
Cons
weekend work, travelling, no breaks
Not a very well run company, was often left doing or finishing the things that should of been sorted by office workers. Was often giving the extra mile to ensure the work was getting complete and finished. on a management level its not to what you'd expect. they treat theyre workforce terribly constantly looking for ways to earn extra money or take money out of theyre wages.
Pros
supplied a works van
Cons
expected to deliver the van to other people out of work hours
When I seen they had 4 out of 5 stars I thought it was the first of April. An absolute shambles to work for Airdrie based office jesters. Nothing but cheek and attitude especially from the so called head honcho. If you would like used,lied to and left up the creek without a paddle batter in.
Office staff gets away with murder. Just a number. Not interested any problems you have, everything's your fault. Terrible the way they treat people especially knowing you have small kids and are just out trying to provide. Office staff like to play God and give you ultimatums. If you have any problems on track and chat back etc it gets reported and office talk to you like a correctional officer. Not interested in your side of the story. Lassie on phone can't get you off phone quick enough and acts like your stealing from her when you try and chase your wages up. Not be with these jokers much longer. Just finished another chaotic shift 1hr 10 there and back (no travel time paid and using my own vehicle AGAIN!!!) Promised van months ago. More lies.
Pros
Good lads in same boat you meet and work with.
Cons
The office staff are the biggest cons
zero hours contract ,saturday night shift miles away without travel time,lots of complaining among workforce,office staff bully workers,poor rate of pay £11.50 at weekend and £10-10.50 midweek if you manage to get a shift (doubtful),working away from home for the same rate.the hardest part is the digging/shovelling,i dont enjoy anything about it
Pros
Cons
constant weekend work, being lower paid than others
Learned a lot of new skills , met a lot of good people, travelled to a lot of places that I probably wouldn’t have ever travelled to, a lot of hard work, but overall a great experience.
Pros
Met a lot of friends
Cons
Paper work, lots of paper work
If I could give this company 0 stars I would but 1 is minimum and they don’t warrant that. 0 contract but have to give 14 days notice for a day off, they are the biggest bunch of liars I’ve ever come across, talk to you like a little school boy and bench you for a week with no work if things don’t go their way . The worst part is they don’t want to pay you, expecting you to keep working with no pay. If I wanted to do volantry work it wouldn’t be for you McGinleys Support Services, I’ve told you no pay no work, so you won’t be seeing me anymore. BE WARNED people don’t work for this conning company, and as indeed want to know the hardest part of the job , I can honestly say it is trying to get your pay.😡 .
Pros
Cons
Work with no pay.
Driving around London on a daily basis was interesting and enjoyable as I like driving. Some of the clients i drove around was pleasant and interesting people to talk with.
McGinley is a professional and productive company to work for. They offer overtime, jobs all over UK ....................................................
Pros
Good pay rate and overtime
Cons
The manager I worked was a bit to much to work with.
If I could review this company with a 0 I would. Constantly making errors with pay. Not allowing you to take time off even though you have given 3 weeks notice (they said to give 2 weeks notice if you wanted a day off). If i took the day off they would bench me for a week if i took the day off or refused a shift even though you are on 0 hour contract meaning you do NOT have to take shifts you don't want to.The list can go on and on so just AVOID WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY !!!
Pros
Cons
Loads- read review