Mcgregor Logistics
Happiness score is 51 out of 100

Mcgregor Logistics Employee Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews

Great until they threaten you with your job

Great until they threaten you with your job, planners repeatedly screw you over to save face for themselves or guve the favourites the easy runs, same people back early every friday and some have to run in every Saturday due to poor planning

Pros

Good wage

Cons

Bad planning, poor management style, even worse communication skills

Good workplace!

Good company with good staff every time have a good service and I have never had problems with the staff they are always ready to help you if you have a problem!

Insights into Mcgregor Logistics

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Never work there

They will abuse you get you to do other people's collection as the other drivers can't be bothered or want to go early every Office staff only nice when they want something done all I can say about this job is do yourself a favor and find something else as they will use you and abuse you and when you say no they will make your life hard and Forse you to leave

Pros

It's a job

Cons

Every thing you are used as much as they like if they don't like you your gone

Average

Plenty of overtime to get in, not the best pay and poor management. No room for progress in the company, stuck doing the same job.

Customer Focused Professional Company

Like all Professional Logistics Companies McGregor Logistics are evolving to become one of the leading logistics companies in the UK.As a manager of a diverse growing division I am proud to be part of a positive promoting culture.Logistics is a fast paced environment with different challenges each hour. Ex Service Personnel and people with a "Can DO" attitude will thrive in this sector.This is not a 9-5 job but the rewards reflect commitment and attention to detail for those who perform well.

Pros

New premises and great fleet of trucks with diverse roles

Cons

Long Hours but rewarding work

22 November 2022
Thank you very much for your positive feedback, we have been working very hard over the last few years to create a positive environment within the workplace. It is amazing to see how far we've come and will continue to grow.

Would be lower than 1 star if possible

If you aren't willing to socialise after work or just be a complete yes man then your face doesn't fit and you'll always be on the receiving end of the donkey load of work where other drivers get to park up for hours at a time. Best thing I did was escape that horrible place. Nothing better than seeing how miserable folk are who are stupid enough to still be there

22 November 2022
Thank you for your feedback. I'm really saddened to hear you were so unhappy at work and would appreciate it if you could contact me directly with more details - joanne.johnson@mcgregor.uk.comOur pallet network division which you were part of has evolved so much over the last few months with the opening of our new premises and some extremely positive changes within the workplace in all areas, I wish you could have stayed to see all the effort pay off.

Friendly family run

Work hard and your rewarded wellLike all firms there's pros and consSome of the trailers are old but fleet is being updated bit by bitOverall it's a decent firm to work for

22 November 2022
Thank you very much!! We are very proud of our team and everyone in it, our success always comes from our loyal team of drivers who we are forever grateful for.

Decent place to work job and knock

Management are not like Management its a decent place to work money is good for what you do when it's busy your busy when it's quiet you don't do Al .

Pros

Job and knock

Cons

Weekend 1 in 10

22 November 2022
Thank you! It's always nice to know our team are happy at work and that the salary and benefits remain competitive. Thank you for all that you do for our team.

Progressive and nurturing environment

I have worked here for the last 2.5 years and have grown from strength to strength within my role. The office work is fast paced and no 2 days are the same, this makes for a interesting day every day and the days pass by quickly. The pay is above the national average and the team are a great bunch of people to work with. The company are focussed on creating a positive place to be in and making sure peoples opinions count, this has continued to improve in the time that I have been here and I look forward to continuing to grow with the company.

22 November 2022
Thank you so much for your positive feedback :) Keep doing what you do and making a difference!

It’s a job.

When I first started last year is was awful. No uniform or PPE provided. Only just received uniform in the last month. No limit on how much you should be pulling/pushing off and on the tail lift so you can be pulling a pallet that weights 950kg on a manual pallet truck. Great bunch of drivers to work with just a shame about everything else.

Pros

Great bunch of lads to work with, overtime on Saturday if you want it, in-house forklift training

Cons

Very little health and safety, no ppe

22 November 2022
Thank you for your feedback, I'm very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with areas of your employment. We now issue uniform within the first 2 weeks of starting as part of the induction process and have upgraded most of our pallet trucks to electric pump trucks to make life so much easier when loading and unloading. I hope you are successful in your current role.

Avoid at all costs

Badly managed, no uniform or ppe. Have to load and unload your own wagon in all weathers. Expected to stay late one night a week. Badly maintained trucks, report a defect and it takes weeks for them to repair.No respect for drivers, the big turnover of staff with drivers coming and going all the time speaks for itself!!!Save yourself alot of pain and stress and AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!!!

Pros

Cons

Poor pay, no uniform. Loading and unloading in all weather. Poorly maintained trucks

22 November 2022
Thank you for your feedback, I'm sorry you were unhappy with elements of your employment. We provide all PPE within the first 2 weeks of all new employees starting which includes all weather gear if required for your role. 3 polo shirts and 1 fleece jacket are the absolute minimum even for office staff. Our driver retention is now at an all time high which has only been possible by listening to our employees and developing our depots and teams.

Doncaster, extremely poor

There is a reason why they advertise weekly, because they're terribly awful and Want blood from a stone. The run i was given i thought its surely an admin mistake. No acknowledgment of yes thanks it was tough. It was more of thats not hard same tomorrow. Even the agency drivers i know refuse to do this company as it known for being bad. That says it all. So Its as kind as i can be. A Few days, I lasted if that.

Pros

Nothin

Cons

Awful

22 November 2022
I'm very sorry to hear how unhappy you were working at McGregor Logistics Ltd.We have worked very hard over the last 12 months to build and maintain a strong team of drivers which is currently reflected by our performance on driver retention. We have listened to the feedback and made the changes we needed to create a more positive environment for our team. Thankfully we no longer need to advertise for drivers and have a long waiting list of drivers waiting to join our team. I hope you are doing well in your new career.

Rubbish, avoid!

Old DAF units(were used in tramping in Warmsworth depot ) with lots of mileage and rubbish curtains trailers.Long hours, low pay multidrop work.They squeeze you as much as they can, to transport as many pallets as possible. One long shift required between Monday to Friday (for helping loading and unloading trailers) and work on Saturday every few weeks. Single pay for overtime. Don't do it, avoid!

Pros

Absolutely nothing

Cons

Low pay, rubbish units and trailers

22 November 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We now have a fleet of newer vehicles, many of them are European spec and includes, microwaves and tv's to make life more comfortable and homely when drivers are working away all week. We also have many new curtain side and fridge trailers which have been added to the fleet over the last 18 months which have made a huge difference to our employees. Trampers generally prefer to work to maximum hours when out on the road all week so we rarely receives complaints regarding this subject. We don't load and unload our own trailers here in Warmsworth but if you work on the pallet network you may be required to assist from time to time depending on your qualifications and business needs.

Decent job

Nice family run company, who will bend over backwards to cater for you where possible, good work lads and a laugh to work with, I was there over 7 years

Pros

Gaining experience in all aspects of driving

Cons

Couple of late shifts a week, job and knock the rest

22 November 2022
So glad to hear you were happy working with us at McGregor Logistics Ltd, our success is a reflection on the great team of staff we have in place.

Brilliant place

Good job to have brilliant people at depot and very good and understanding manager in matt all office staff at tilbury are good and forklift drivers and other lorry drivers

Pros

Hours

Avoid avoid

One of the worst company’s I’ve ever worked for over worked under paid management is ridiculously shocking you get spoken to in a non-professional manner with offensive language An it’s very one sided place to work ! SHOCKING !

Pros

There ain’t any

Cons

Very depre

Do not work here

Useless company put me off working for a family run business . Forklifts have many many defects you report them and nothing gets done .. h&s don’t exist . Get spoken to like trash buy office staff when they say jump you say how high . Never do 10 hours no matter what they say . Just to much to say about this company

Pros

Cons

To many

dont bother

seriously don't bother I was an hgv 1 driver and the job is shocking and the pay is really poor Nothing else to add ill try to stay as kind as I can

Pros

Cons

everything

Decent

Good company to work for and a great bunch of work mates which initially helped to get settled in to a new job. The wages are only just getting raised to match the areas going rate for the local area.

Awful awful awful

Awful company dont recommend , If u get something wrong the duct it out your wages, And then get rid of of you! All in the wrong ways , I was able to see emails of them getting rid of me and was able to see they had several interviews lined up when I was on holiday to take my job, if you face dont fit they get rid easily! , Came back from holiday 2 days later they got rid of me and the new person in the next day! , Advoid this company like the plague!!! , No enough traning and certain staff members talk to you like rubbish if u ask questions or get something wrong! , Had to always work late cause the other staff member couldnt be bothered!!! , No no thanks either!

Great place of work

Family run business. So if you don’t fit in. Can be very hard to stick at it no matter how good at your job you are. Good location, must be flexible and willing to work more than have a balanced life.

Pros

Opportunity for growth

Cons

Work a lot of hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mcgregor Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement