McKesson
Happiness score is 39 out of 100

McKesson Employee Reviews

Not handling bullying appropriately, had to leave job because of this. Even with area manager getting involved problem was never resolved and was told it will go away.
There is a very good reason that Lloyds are always looking for new staff and that is that they pay peanuts if they even manage to get that right! And they treat staff as disposable.
I've been a loyal employee of Lloyds for 10 years and finally decided to call it a day. I don't even know where to begin with the problems and difficulties of working here. The biggest issue I would say is the senior management. The practice over the last few years seems very much to recruit externally those that have zero pharmacy experience rather than developing from within. The problem with this is, they don't really understand what pharmacy is about, what a day in pharmacy is like and the challenges we face. Everything has to be an action plan, or declare an action has been completed on 2 or 3 different platforms and before long it gets very confusing when you get a visit to branch and they're asking for copies of declarations you don't even remember doing. The RM approach is very much criticise rather than support. The company is declining rapidly. The pay is terrible too, almost insulting.
Pros
Literally nothing.
Cons
Restrictive hours, unsupportive mansgement and poor pay.
My Manager was not a pharmacist and she told off the pharmacists. No respect. Bad environment to work in. Stay away. No progression, target oriented.
Management haven't a clue training is non existent most of drivers are either using their Van's for personal use or theiving off the company. Transport supervisor looks after you if your a mate of his other than that if you get a bad route it's tough
Pros
Its a wage
Cons
Too many to list
Very much hard work . Paid min wage but expected to be experienced. ( NVQ2 ) Also expected to cover everyone’s hours if on holiday or sick. Too many hours.
Pros
Cons
Pay scale
Learned a lot workingfor this company then lots of changes and management where all new and head office and you could not get any answers if you asked any questions or querys when approached by employees
Pros
Local
Cons
Lots of changes
This job is stressful at times especially right now with covid-19. Our patients are lovely andThe way your manager is will make or break your day.
Pros
Pay is on par with other pharmacy companies
Cons
Something the distance you may have to travel
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. Although you learn a lot whilst working here, there's to much work to do for poor pay. They have poor HR procedures, are disorganised and seem to have little regard for their staff. This company has the potential to be great if they weren't so shambolic.
Pros
Scope to learn if you're willing.
Cons
Low pay and poor HR procedures.
10 years ago i would have recommended this company, but the branch i work for now is corrupt. Management have their favourites and will allow them to arrive late, leave early, take as many breaks as they want and to abuse the system. Some staff are allowed access to personal files as well as time off whenever requested. The staff who actually do their work are treated poorly, spoken to like dirt and held back in their job role with no chance of progression. Numerous staff have left over poor treatment by management and bullying from other staff members. However many times you complain to higher management or HR nothing is done as they protect their management. If your face fits and you speak to management like cr*p then you will love the job as you wont have to ever do a full days work. If you are a corrupt manager looking for a position then look into AAH Pharmaceuticals. If however you are a hardworking individual looking to progress then i would advise avoiding this company.
Pros
you get paid
Cons
too much to list, just avoid
I work there for 9 months. The place is run by idiots. It doesn’t follow basic pharmacy procedure and management will blame others for their shortcomings. Payroll don’t know basic moths think at once in 9 months got the right pay and it is company policy to withhold last payments.
Pros
Non
Cons
Long hours short staffed
If you work hard and are loyal ... put many years in .... counts for nothing!! Poor management young pharmacist taking over management roles with no experience ...
Cons
Poor management
Lack of professionalism in the Manager's behaviour and their way of talking to their employees and customers. Unprofessional behaviour and attitude, i.e Manager and particular Pharmacists being two-faced and backbiting about employees to other staff members. No respect or appreciation shown. Unfriendly Pharmacists and Manager who are not willing to help and not supportive to new staff. Poor level of training for new staff. Manager is in need of retraining. Her communication, interpersonal and management and leadership skills fall far from professional standards. Overall, a very unpleasant and toxic atmosphere to work in due to the type of Manager and Pharmacists. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Low hourly rate. People get paid more at supermarket checkouts just for scanning items.
I have a disability and found the staff I worked with on all levels stigmatised me and showed absolutely no understanding of my condition. I was over worked by management understaffing the pharmacy at peak times, I was patronised and treated with contempt and absolutely no respect. These people have no real care for anyone it is all a show put on for customers. They eventually contributed heavily to making me very ill requiring hospital admission. If you value your health and wellness do not work for this company.
Pros
Non
Cons
To many to list
I would never advise anyone to work with Lloyds pharmacy. Senior management, area managers, cluster managers are all far to young and inexperienced, they do not care about front line staff. As long as you are able to churn out prescriptions, that's all the care about, no thought is given to lack of staff and salary is ridiculous, staff in local corner shops have a higher rate of pay. Pharmacist attended university to become pharmacists, not Doctors and I think that is what is expected of them.
Pros
Cons
They would have you working all night if you could.
Wouldn't recommend Lloyd's pay is disgraceful for the responsibility of a the job you get paid better in less responsible jobs don't know how they can justify the rate they pay with the amount of workload they expect Working with no manager for months on end, and sense of you should be lucky you have a job Don't replace staff and don't respond to your concerns when you have genuine problems bury head in sand stay away
Pros
Non
Cons
No manager, pay awful, used scare tactics, took advantage of coronavirus to change contract understaffed
If you want to go unrecognised for hard work, join Lloydspharmacy, management don't care. don't stand by their own internal policies. learnt nothing as no time to learn. Never know a company who restructure as much and as often as Lloyds. Staff don't stand an earthly of knowing whats going on. Profits before Patients - thats Lloyds Pharmacy!!
Pros
Cons
Stress and hassle
Plenty of people to work and learn from and growth in different areas. Different areas of the business to work cross channel and function, opened my eyes to the bigger corporate world.
Pros
bonus scheme
Cons
distance travelling
I’ve worked for other pharmacy chains and I find McKesson to be very weak in areas of HR payroll and other head office departments. Several risky financial decisions have been made by senior management to the detriment to shop floor staff. There is less focus on customer service and helping customers and more focus on profit. Training is pretty bad and the equipment and software is outdated
Pros
Friendly store staff, good locations
Cons
Average pay, regular payroll problems
I like working here, my team are my friends. Feels rewarding when customers appreciate my work. I like achieving the targets. I love to dispense prescriptions aswell.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Not enough pay
A busy fast, but enjoyable work environment. Always something to be done and had a good team relationship with rest of the staff. Really enjoyed helping and advising customers with any medical issues that arose.
  1. Employee reviews