McLaughlin & Harvey

McLaughlin & Harvey Employee Reviews

Thought they were going to be a great company to work but unfortunately turned out not to be.They expect a lot of commitment but not all of their employees so this. Those that do get no recognition.Very disappointing, stressful and demoralising
Pros
Opportunity to travel
Cons
Long hours. Too much emphasis on commercial over health and safety
I would not reccomend this company. Their high level management do not know what is going on on site with other management persons. They do not give new employees a fair chance to prove themselves
Lots of helpful colleagues. Loved the work environment.Spent half a day training and then hit the ground running. Was able to add to my skills and knowledge. As long as the work was finished on time and all work completed they were happy and you were able to be your own boss.
Pros
Easy going colleagues
Cons
Not a permanent position
Productive, good opportunities,teamwork .Working for this company is very good it has a family feel to it from higher management down to welfare labour everyone respected for the work they do within the company.
Excellent employer Supporting joiners to build the new Kings Cross hospital in London London, Preparing tools and materials for efficient running of site.
Although I have plenty of admin experience, I haven’t worked within the construction industry before, so it was a learning curve for me. Throughout my time here though I have found my colleagues to be approachable, supportive and down to earth with the attitude that they trust me within my role. I have gained a lot of valuable experience that I can take forward.
Enjoyed my experience working as labourer on DG ONE, management treat you like your someone and not a number,shame it was only temporary and they couldn't say if I had a job after project ended or would of still been there
The project staff were all very focussed on the successful conclusion of the project and when the time came everyone clubbed together, were fully committed to achieving handover. The hardest part was the excessive hours required as no addition staff were introduced to lighten the load.
Company who puts clients and staff welfare as a priority. Very professional with a modern outlook. Management team supportive and encourage training.
Promise to do something it is then not followed through. Not permanent. Keep moving the goal post. Not enough hours. Not paid for bank holidays . Don’t keep to the agreement.
Pros
Friendly place
Cons
Too short hours not permant
Nothing to say. Spent 2.5 years there. Gained skills. Ended up working 3 roles so left. Not much more to say really. Keep your head up and eyes open.
: Construction Industry Overview; Fundamental of the project Development Cycle; Sustainable Development; Trends and Risks in Construction Industry; Planning a Project; Introduction to Scheduling and Construction Activities; Critical Path Method; Activity on Arrow; PERT and Range Estimating; Role of Scheduler and Line of Balance; Trends and Scheduling for Large Programs and Risk Management.
was hired to do the on site cleaning, lasted roughly a month and a bit, was a fun environment to be in, wish i could of been a labourer but was just the cleaner
Pros
Cons
cleaner role
Great environment for work experience and I learnt a lot as a junior civil engineer. I was made feel very welcomed and as if I was an important member of the team for the duration of my time there.
Excellent company with opportunities of career growth. Fast paced with excellent learning development with gaining knowledge from experienced management. Large variety of the range and scope of work undertaken providing vast experience in a number of sectors.
A typical day usual consists of working away and finishing reports in hotel rooms around 1000pm.with the average mileage covered approximately 3000 miles per month travelling all over the UK.
Good company and good starting salary. Good experience and now time to broaden my horizons and gain more experience. Training here is not always scheduled the best.
I worked in job over 17 years but contracts were away from home for months. No family life and became not well with long hours and no days off. Would of not left if have a contract in NI.
Pros
Salary good
Cons
I would begin work at 8am, wasting no time getting straight into my tasks; by filing word processing, daily with phone and email enquiries, followed by taking a short break at 10am, then going back to work to finish at 5pm. I learned a lot within this job and it's giving me more people and hospitality skills.
Pros
Met many amazing people.
Cons
Distance to travel to work.
Wouldn't work for mclaughlan & Harvey ever again in my life, lack stability everything is back to front been on a few mcl & Harvey sites health and safety absolute disgraceful long hours low paid and never got a thank you wont work for this crowd ever again, flat rate on weekends no time & half, double time treated like dirt!
Pros
Getting out the place!!
Cons
Everything about mcl & Harvey
enjoyed my time at mc &h.although i am partully deaf,i was always part of the different teams i worked with. i was given training before i was asked to do any job and assisted if i needed any help. i was pleased to be given tasks which tested me and enjoyed the trust shown in my ability.
Pros
safety clothes.constant employment.