McLaughlin & Harvey

McLaughlin & Harvey Job security & advancement reviews

Thought they were going to be a great company to work but unfortunately turned out not to be.They expect a lot of commitment but not all of their employees so this. Those that do get no recognition.Very disappointing, stressful and demoralising
Pros
Opportunity to travel
Cons
Long hours. Too much emphasis on commercial over health and safety
Productive, good opportunities,teamwork .Working for this company is very good it has a family feel to it from higher management down to welfare labour everyone respected for the work they do within the company.
Although I have plenty of admin experience, I haven’t worked within the construction industry before, so it was a learning curve for me. Throughout my time here though I have found my colleagues to be approachable, supportive and down to earth with the attitude that they trust me within my role. I have gained a lot of valuable experience that I can take forward.
Enjoyed my experience working as labourer on DG ONE, management treat you like your someone and not a number,shame it was only temporary and they couldn't say if I had a job after project ended or would of still been there
Nothing to say. Spent 2.5 years there. Gained skills. Ended up working 3 roles so left. Not much more to say really. Keep your head up and eyes open.
was hired to do the on site cleaning, lasted roughly a month and a bit, was a fun environment to be in, wish i could of been a labourer but was just the cleaner
Pros
Cons
cleaner role
Excellent company with opportunities of career growth. Fast paced with excellent learning development with gaining knowledge from experienced management. Large variety of the range and scope of work undertaken providing vast experience in a number of sectors.
Good company and good starting salary. Good experience and now time to broaden my horizons and gain more experience. Training here is not always scheduled the best.
I worked in job over 17 years but contracts were away from home for months. No family life and became not well with long hours and no days off. Would of not left if have a contract in NI.
Pros
Salary good
Cons
Enjoyed working for this company and would have liked to work for them for a longer period of time. I was sub-contracted in through another firm to complete building work which was behind schedule.