McLaughlin & Harvey

McLaughlin & Harvey Work-life balance reviews

Thought they were going to be a great company to work but unfortunately turned out not to be.They expect a lot of commitment but not all of their employees so this. Those that do get no recognition.Very disappointing, stressful and demoralising
Pros
Opportunity to travel
Cons
Long hours. Too much emphasis on commercial over health and safety
Lots of helpful colleagues. Loved the work environment.Spent half a day training and then hit the ground running. Was able to add to my skills and knowledge. As long as the work was finished on time and all work completed they were happy and you were able to be your own boss.
Pros
Easy going colleagues
Cons
Not a permanent position
Productive, good opportunities,teamwork .Working for this company is very good it has a family feel to it from higher management down to welfare labour everyone respected for the work they do within the company.
Great environment for work experience and I learnt a lot as a junior civil engineer. I was made feel very welcomed and as if I was an important member of the team for the duration of my time there.
A typical day usual consists of working away and finishing reports in hotel rooms around 1000pm.with the average mileage covered approximately 3000 miles per month travelling all over the UK.
I worked in job over 17 years but contracts were away from home for months. No family life and became not well with long hours and no days off. Would of not left if have a contract in NI.
Pros
Salary good
Cons
Wouldn't work for mclaughlan & Harvey ever again in my life, lack stability everything is back to front been on a few mcl & Harvey sites health and safety absolute disgraceful long hours low paid and never got a thank you wont work for this crowd ever again, flat rate on weekends no time & half, double time treated like dirt!
Pros
Getting out the place!!
Cons
Everything about mcl & Harvey
Every day was different with different people coming in from all over the place bringing in cargo and goods to sell also there was a large range of job roles so every day was different.
Pros
Free experiences
Cons
Long Hours