Meadow Foods

United Kingdom12 reviews

Clear
3.0Pay & benefits

good job to make money

Many hours, work for two shifts but second shift ( afternoon) very offen long. Sometims it was about 10 or 11 hours. sometimes hard job before christmas. Ussually friendly people.

Work life balance good, people are nice, relaxed atmosphere. Staff engagements throughout the year. Machinery is old in some places and could do with updating.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Old machines

Insights into Meadow Foods

What people like
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Dont go near nights! Stay on day shift!

Temporary basis but could have been longer.My first 8 weeks working on the night shift for this company as was horrific, I was bullied slyly but the team members reaching out to the manager on the night shift made everything a whole lot worse and made the team turn on more, as he only had a "chat" with them without any sort of warning or punishment for their actions towards me. I decided reached out to a manger on another shift who gave me advice and helped me to move to the day shift after I had quit, once on day shift it took time to get comfortable due to my previous experience on the night shift, once I relaxed it became a very pleasant working environment and everyone got along with everyone! The pay rate was minimum when I was there which didn't really seem fair for the job at hand, but if you wanted to ear double pay you could do so by working a Sunday and triple pay on bank Holidays which you can't go wrong! I have been told that the pay has risen significantly since my exit. All the managers on day shifts had their aces in their places and didn't take any form of team bulling or discrimination! My manager on the shift I worked with has hands down been the only manager to treat me with respect and appreciation for my work including the main factory manager, which is very rare to come across these day! If I could go back there in heart beat I would but unfortunately personal circumstances change outside of the work life, and therefore it wouldn't be beneficial for me and I do have plans to go into a different career path.

The site manager is arrogant

Don’t care about you and they tell you that your staying later than your hours and not ask you as they should. If you say no then they get in a mood. Always big turn over in staff !

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meadow Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement