Meadow Foods

Insights into Meadow Foods

What people like
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Decent money but a dead end Job

Good money and lovely people to work with however the management team are absolutely shocking and they expect you to do your job plus everyone else’s. There’s no room for progression of nights isn’t for you

Pros

Paid breaks

Unorganised & poor attitudes

The job was explained to me as suitable for my skill set. The job was far below my abilities & there was no potential to promote, which I had been told there was. Poor and rude attitude from management, poor organisation within the company/team.

Pros

Hybrid work from home/office

Cons

Untruthful about job/potential

Dont go near nights! Stay on day shift!

Temporary basis but could have been longer.My first 8 weeks working on the night shift for this company as was horrific, I was bullied slyly but the team members reaching out to the manager on the night shift made everything a whole lot worse and made the team turn on more, as he only had a "chat" with them without any sort of warning or punishment for their actions towards me. I decided reached out to a manger on another shift who gave me advice and helped me to move to the day shift after I had quit, once on day shift it took time to get comfortable due to my previous experience on the night shift, once I relaxed it became a very pleasant working environment and everyone got along with everyone! The pay rate was minimum when I was there which didn't really seem fair for the job at hand, but if you wanted to ear double pay you could do so by working a Sunday and triple pay on bank Holidays which you can't go wrong! I have been told that the pay has risen significantly since my exit. All the managers on day shifts had their aces in their places and didn't take any form of team bulling or discrimination! My manager on the shift I worked with has hands down been the only manager to treat me with respect and appreciation for my work including the main factory manager, which is very rare to come across these day! If I could go back there in heart beat I would but unfortunately personal circumstances change outside of the work life, and therefore it wouldn't be beneficial for me and I do have plans to go into a different career path.

positive atmosphere,good place to work

Friendly environment in all departments, hard work is always recognised, good location, teams works together, in general is really nice to work, highly recommend.

Pros

Paid breaks, health benefits

on edge all the time

absolutely rubbish place to work they do not care about employees at all. cameras everywhere spying on you even from home. there must be a law against that surely

Pros

Cons

everything

Productive, fun place

A good place to work. Staff are friendly. Pay is great for certain roles in the factory. Management and supervisors are easy going. Enjoyed my time here.

Pros

Good pay, xmas bonus

Cons

No room for progression

good job to make money

Many hours, work for two shifts but second shift ( afternoon) very offen long. Sometims it was about 10 or 11 hours. sometimes hard job before christmas. Ussually friendly people.

The site manager is arrogant

Don’t care about you and they tell you that your staying later than your hours and not ask you as they should. If you say no then they get in a mood. Always big turn over in staff !

Very professional place of work

A very professional team who are focused on getting the job done. A nice group of people in clean, modern work spaces with generally good levels of management.

Good Company, friendly staff

A job I enjoyed going into each day, friendly staff across all factory sites, and the Company has low staff turnover which is always a good sign. Keen to keep hold of good employees and help them develop within the Company.

Pros

Overall a great place to work

physically demanding

lots of multi tasking and running around.different testing techniques and proceeduresfriendlydo jobs they want not always with care and attentionlate hoursgetting time off

Pros

free parking

Cons

unsociable working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meadow Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Meadow Foods
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?