Mears Group
Happiness score is 47 out of 100

Mears Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom738 reviews

Well balanced job and no one chases you around all day however you need to work on your own initiative and support is non existent

Avoid wasting your career with endless work, you can raise and escalate you concerns all day long and no one would care about your problems on site.

Never worked for a company like it. They steal lots from their clients, don't pay overtime correctly... To be honest, I dislike the company that much I can't even find the patients to rant about them.

Pros

I left

Cons

Zero.

Insights into Mears Group

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

I like my job at mears . And in my opinion if you do your job do it right and give a honest days work your left alone ..

I have a good working relationship with my boss. They are fair and if a complaint comes in they hear your side of the story too.my team is small 4 people as long as we do our jobs and do them right we get left alone .our job is based alot on trust .the bosses trust us to turn up everyday and do a honest days work which we do .and we get left alone ..there's nothing worse than a boss always on your back or checking up on you which my boss dont seem to do. so yeah I would say what I do at mears I like alot ..everybody's pay packet could be better but the pay is decent I can't complain tbh ...

Pros

Working on trust and being left alone

Cons

Not being on the living wage

Management is shocking but the clients are the bonus.

Management was shocking, no understanding of anything that would happen to you. Understaffed and worked over time and never got a Thankyou for it. Only benefit was that the clients were great people. I worked with great people and helpful. Only off put is the way it’s run and the management.

Pros

Staff are friendly and welcoming.

Cons

Management is shocking, speak to you however they want and over work you.

Great team to work with

Worked here for 12 months and it’s one of the best company to work for . The team is great and the management is great , office staff are also great , I can’t say anything negative about Mears group.

Nice people and staff

Very nice staff, all were very good to work with as were 60% of the ops. Work is easy enough if you know that you are doing. Pay is the only problem. Needs bringing into the modern world.

Pros

Friendly

Cons

Wages

Avoid at all costs: Management has no people skills / Unfair way of dealing with employees

I accepted the job at a push as I was told they needed me as a matter of urgency and then my start date was arranged for a month later, which makes no sense, so I had to find a temporary position somewhere to tie me up moneywise, until I was due to start my new role at head office. The company showed a lack of respect for me that made me regret accepting the job offer.The HR team feels like it's non-existent and doesn't communicate well with employees, probably because of the line managers from the teams that ask them to interveene in the first place.The supervisors and senior ranked employees lack in terms of people skills and have no regard for what you might be going through (sickness because of Covid, migraines, stomach aches, or even something personal like a death of loved one for example). Their probation period is ridiculously incongruent and unfair to say the least. Do no ring in sick more than twice otherwise you will be made redundant. Stay away from this company if you can, because that way you will not waste your time with losers.

Pros

Cons

Management has no people skills; bad pay rates; no respect for employees; amongst other things

Avoid

Management are not interested in pay parity issues amongst staff members. New starters earn way more than loyal existing staff. Not bothered about pulling you from pillar to post as long as work gets done. They will lie through their teeth to get anything done, then wonder why you get frustrated when you find out the truth.They hammer the people who will put in a shift and hide when they need to confront people about pulling their weight. Avoid this company if you want to remain sane! Issues could drive you crackers if you let it.

Unproductive, and unfriendly

The office staff, are unfriendly, and aloof. The managers have zero interest, in the standard of works carried out. Very difficult to explain things to them in a work sense. The operatives are mostly friendly. But the office staff, are certainly not.

Pros

Cons

Unfriendly office staff

Communication issues and unprofessional management

There was no communication about changes, and the line manager changed the rota arbitrarily. The management was often rude and dismissive. No ongoing support.

Pros

Cons

Appealing management

Supportive staff

Staff were so supportive, built a great relationship with the client and the engineers. Very accommodating and like a little family. Loving my time here

No pay between calls

Driving between clients to deliver care. No pay between client call. No pay for travelling time. No support prior to new clients . Valued for hours worked not quality of care given.

Appalling

Total disregard for long term employees To say the very least . They don’t care for keeping people employed, or retaining contracts , they had back contracts that they can’t afford to run

Stay away it only seems to get worse

Forcing people to work out of hours, covering other peoples work due to be being understaffed, management has high turnover, overworked and underpaid, the salary is not worth the amount of work we do, you can never get hold of Managers, everyone is constantly stressed, toxic environment, do not apply!Many people have come and left after 6 months because of how bad it is.

Pros

Company car Remote working

Cons

Long hours KPI’s not achievable People on different wages Force you to do out of hour

Avoid!

Where to start, no communication between staff, tenants or the housing provider. Jobs are all over the place never organised into specific areas you'll do more driving and chasing your tail than actual work. jobs 9 times out of 10 wasn't what it was on the PDA, holidays was always a struggle to get authorised sometimes even had to argue your case to get them and then they could never tell you your holiday allowance or even what you had left. All planners would ring on withheld number so when you needed them you never had a number to call the office phones where never answered, I had several times where I was 2-3 hours twiddling my thumbs whilst waiting for someone to answer.14 years I worked on this contract and after 10 months at mears I could not take anymore. I witnessed elderly tenants that had gone weeks without a shower I had tenants crying in front of me as they wouldn't book their repair in any sooner than 2 weeks away and this was a non working toilet!!!!! Not a nice place to work they don't care about their staff or the tenants. I was even encouraged to turn my track and trace off by a office worker that says it all especially when we work around some extremely vunerable elderly tenants.

Avoid!!

They cant fill roles because of the low pay, we were forced to pick up other teams' work and because of this long-serving people are leaving as they don't feel valued and are fed up with the way they are being treated.

Pros

There are nice people in the team who try to do their best to help

Cons

People who say "yes" to everything get treated better, e.g. promotions and funding for CIPD others do not get this.

Work was very stressful and they were not prepare to listen.

Mears is a wrong place to look for job if traveling long distances to do short time job like thirty minutes where by you are not being paid for transport. Finally I asked them for reference and they told me they dont have my records on their system so they cant provide me with any reference.

Pros

Cons

Short short hours with no travelling time given

Human Resources - Great to work for, very active but the ability to learn is great.

Great place to work and have some brilliant initiatives for the team. The HR department has really come together in recent years and everyone works well together. Don't get me wrong it can be busy at times, but there is always support. The trust and exposure you are given is great and I have learnt far more in short period than anywhere else I have worked which has helped me massively kick start a career in HR. I genuinely feel I am lot further along than if I had worked somewhere else. Managers and the wider team are always happy to involve you in work and there is trust and freedom for you to do your role and make your own decisions. You really get the opportunity to get out what you put in. Mears have also now started to have more of a focus on mentoring so this is also really going to help in my career development.

Pros

Great team atmosphere, opportunities if your willing to take them

Cons

Can have busy periods, but there is support.

Good HR Team Spirit

Work can be very busy but you get exposure to lots of different and very interesting cases. There is a good team spirit and no two days are ever the same.

Pros

Interesting case work

Excellent company to work for

Enjoyed working for Mears and both managers and operatives were easy to get on with as we’re the other supervisors enjoyed both the office side and the outside work

Pros

Very understanding

Cons

Travel

Productive good job

Thurrock mears is a good place to work.. management always help. Work is good.Staff and other operatives are helpful. Would highly recommend.. good company overall.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mears Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement