Mecca Bingo
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

Mecca Bingo Employee Reviews

Productive environment

Overall, working at Mecca Bingo was a good experience when you take into consideration the wage they offer for under 21s and the friendly nature of staff there. However, the hours tend to be quite anti-social especially when you are part time staff and usually you do work a lot of overtime. The club is open till late, 7 days of the week, meaning you might be working nonstop through a whole weekend and through bank holidays etc. The work itself isn’t necessarily hard and they do rotate you throughout departments so you’re not getting bored doing the same thing every day.

Pros

some flexibility and good wage

Cons

Anti-social hours, long days

Nice customers sometimes

There was nice people working at Mecca Bingo and others too stuck up who didnt even make you feel welcomed as it happens in other places too.I don't have much to say about this place.

Poor management

If your face fits then you will be fine! They had several staff members starting at the same time and they did not give enough training for everyone to start. Management would give back handed compliments and not care to help new staff when they made a mistake. New staff members were expected to know everything the day which they started and there were clear favourites from the management. There was only one member of the management team who clearly cared about the staffs mental health and how they were feeling about the job, the other two members of management were money led and didn't care about how the staff were feeling, they just wanted to make money!Pay is not very good and there are mainly split shifts, there is about an hour to maybe two hours before you start work in the evening again which doesn't give enough time to be able to have enough of a break before another long shift. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND WORKING FOR MECCA TO ANYONE!!

Pros

its a job

Cons

Long split shifts, management, pay

Productive and fast paced work environment with opportunities to advance customer service experience at all levels.

Overall I love working at Mecca Bingo. The customer service aspect is what keeps me going in the industry. The regular customers to the new members signing up, its all a very interesting experience. I'm used to working efficiently and at a fast paced as I was previously a Nightclub floor supervisor for 3 years and a waiter/host for 3 years. The job opens you up to various situations and requires problem solving skills, an independent mindset and productive attitude can flourish here. Management could do with communicating more positive feedback towards the team members and not just the negative, but overall if you find the right place in the team you can really work towards your goals for advancement. The only thing we really need are hard workers and people that are willing to do the hours but also the dedication to a role and commitment. You can find a balance with home and work life. Always make clear your availability in the interview and push for the hours YOU want not what management want. You are the main reason Mecca is Mecca. You are the face of customer interaction. The first thing people see. I will continue to love this job and enjoy the little things that in brings. Allot of the older generation of customers have been coming to Mecca for decades, some have no family or friends and a 5 minute conversation their way makes their whole day. A smile, a laugh and a cup of tea while playing a game of bingo is all some people need.

Pros

Free dinner if morning shift is over 6HRS, Half price food and drink. Sick Pay and Holiday pay.

Cons

Split shifts AND unsocial-able hours

Friendly and great work environment

Good manager and friendly work colleagues. Who help you if your ever stuck in anything . loverly customers aswell. Discounts on things and you also get discount on food while working and if working over a certain amount of hours food is free while at work . uniform is provided .it is hard work but enjoyable as the people you work with are great . I would recommend anyone working here .

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Some evening work

It's fine if your face fits.

Fun and enjoyable interaction with customers but the days can be long with split shifts. Working multiple departments each shift due to being short staffed quite a bit. As for career advancement, you can push all you like but if your face doesn't fit, you'll stay a general dogsbody.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Split shifts, rushed off your feet and favouritism in management.

Fast paced lots of hours

Can’t really be done if you have other commitments such as education as you will have a full day such as 9-4 at college then 5-12 at work and they will want you to work as much as possible you will always be on your feet and have something to do there is a big variety of jobs to be done which makes it enjoyable but you will work a lot. They also changed my contract from 16 hours which I signed to 20 hours without my permission so with that and doing overtime taking it to about 26 hours I was unable to manage a 58+ hour week with other commitments. If you have a completely free schedule I’d recommend it otherwise not

Pros

Breaks

Cons

When just turning 18 was a great workplace, great wage, great hours, room for overtime if wanted aswell, wasn’t forced to do it. Always room for improving skills with help from management. Work life balance was great for my job role as team member. Great bunch of staff.

Pros

50% off food & drinks

lovely customers

always understaffed, and can get very busy and stressful. not ideal hours to work with little kids. Working hours are till 12pm! Uniform is OK if you can ever get some ordered in

fun work place

was a good place to work and great staff to work with. I had a good time. loved seeing the clients each day.I am sorry to say goodby to all of the staff

Jobs at Mecca Bingo

See more jobs

Poor pay

For minimum wage you’re expected to do 2 to 3 people’s jobs management describe it as been “multi skilled” and “never boring” but what that actually translates to is they don’t rota enough staff so you just have to make do you’ll have to serve on the bar then run food out as well as checking claims and handing prize money out team leaders stand around gossiping about other staff or sit in offices while team members are struggling to cope with everything they have to do and most days you don’t get a break time because there’s nobody to cover while you go ... you will notice that team leaders and management always get a break regardless though

Cons

Too much work load ... no free meal even when doing 13 hour days

It a very busy but fun place to stay.

I would love to have a nother chance to look for a job at the Paisley bingo again. As your can get to meet new people in a friendly environment and the public.

Pros

Roll in sausage egg bacan etc.

Cons

It not to bad hours but can long.

Amazing

Felt welcomed from the minute I started from management and other staff. Management are so supportive and are a pleasure to work with. The staff all work together as a team.

Interesting life experience

- part time job, three days weekly, together 14 to 20 hours, as necessary,- every week three mornings, two afternoons, one evening, - cleaning tables, floors (carpets), toilets, doing dishes (evening shift),- rota following my demands,- management OK,- I learned to ignore some stupid colleagues,- workplace culture was good,- no hard or enjoyable parts of this job.

Pros

rotas as I demanded

Cons

some colleagues

Awful place to work

No training provided whatsoever. Joined with 2 others and all had left before me. Favouritism with staff. Was given a review after 6 weeks and told things to improve. I believe I improved on these things but then had a formal meeting after another 6 weeks and told there was no improvement and I was being let go. Told contradicting things from managers and expected to do many people’s job.

Pros

Non

Cons

Long hours, bad management, no care for staff, favouritism.

at least you can re-cycle most rubbish now (shame about mecca)

marks out of 10, minus 10 you are better off being unemployed at least you can look forward to a decent job, and thats what even then mangers think-so good look

Pros

Cons

expect to be treated like a piece of s###

Not a fun place to work

Mecca bingo are poor of there mangermeant all they care about is there selfs and working with other team members is great butt my advise to anyone i wouldnt work there they are losing stuff like nothing cause how everyone getting treated very poorly the money is poor when u get breaks i wouldnt even call it break cause when u go for one u dont get the right time plus u will get moaned at for nothing all the mangermeant are lazy when i was there i would have problem on the door i would need mangermeant i call up one they say there be 5 mins half hour later turn up maybe nealy hour all they are doing is sitting down eating there face away or smoking u get left alone on the door with sometimes no help so my Adviser dont work there

Pros

no free lunch half price on lunch free drinks thats it

Cons

4....8 sometimes 12

Not the best.

Not the best place to work if you have children. Management team never really consider your needs. Wage is ok but there is a lot of things to learn...

Cons

Long days

Team member

Bizzy environment. friendly staff and management . Unsociable hours working weekday s and weekends till late. Uniform supplyed even shoes. Handling money and serving food

Fun place to work

I laughed with the staff and customers almost every day! This is usually a fast paced position whichever department you worked on (evenings are busier than afternoons) Management were thorough with training and I felt I could talk talk to them if I had a problem.

Good

Is was a good job with great people and customers and also supportive management I had a lot of good years working for the company but I resigned for personal reasons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mecca Bingo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement

Compare Mecca Bingo with

• Mecca Bingo
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?