Medacs Healthcare
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Medacs Healthcare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom148 reviews

High demand work

A big company in Bristol, many service users in a nearby area that you can visit them with short travelling time. However, the service time is too limited, service users feel too rush sometimes. Underpaid, no pay during travelling but the office arrange you work from Avonmouth to Henbury, and return to Lawrence Weston.

Pros

nearby service location, friendly environment, enough PPE and testing kit

Cons

low pay, no pay on travelling time, tight travelling time

Medacs moneycare

I worked for them a little while back, I'm not going to lie, the job is stressful but I enjoyed what I did, helping people and their families. The management on the other hand were terrible. They would change shifts at the last minute, force you to work long hours and then threaten you if you refused. I had to quit due to other reasons but I doubt I would of stayed much longer.

Pros

PPE provided, work phone.

Cons

No travel costs, bad management, no care

Insights into Medacs Healthcare

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment

Loved working with medacs healthcareThe work was enjoyable The colleagues and clients where lovelyAlways had work for meFlexible Good rates of payHoliday pay tooOverall a great company to work for Only left because of family circumstances changed

Dishonest agency

They will promise you support and good work environment, which is obviously a lie.Recruitment consultants couldn't care less about you as a person, all that matters to them is the pay check once they've delivered you to prospective employers.Steer clear of them.

Pros

Nil

Cons

Everything mentioned above

Good all round service

I can recommend this agency to most people in healthcare work. The work is varied and interesting and most shifts are available. The pay and conditions are good.

Pros

Paid on time

Cons

Best if you already have healthcare experience

Work in Covid mobile lab

Absolutely fabulous. Best company I ever worked for, made lovely friends, terrific rate of pay and treated like a human being. Managers within reach if ever we had a problem, at the touch of a button. Unfortunately job finished at the end of March, with the end of Covid funding. We will all miss it.

This company has poor management

Worked for almost 3 yrs with this company hoping it would get better, they just take and take and take, physically and emotionally until you either crack or leave. They do not give a dam about their staff, it’s no wonder they can’t keep the staff. Only worked from one office/ centre which was the Cheshire office. I understand that the new manager is even worse than the last, and again they have employed someone that just see a business and not the SU or staff. I’ll never go back working for this company

Pros

Lovely SU and HCA’s

Cons

No work / life balance

Awful

After nearly 2 months going through registering, poor communication with weeks of no response, I am not pursuing work with this company. It has wasted a great deal of my time and money going to an induction, a journey 1 1/2 hours away, to be told there would be limited work on offer. No response to pay for the time and fuel even though it was through there persistence on going. Awful experience.

Poor

Had a bad experience before I even went for the training day not professional at all constant ringing and texting when you’ve stated your busy!Spoke to me in a rude manor which put me off straight away glad I didn’t go through with the job! Avoid at all costs.

Pros

Cons

All of it

Excellent pay and opportunities

I really enjoyed my time working on behalf of medacs. Salary was miles above others in my area and always compensated for overtime. Hours were excellent for a good work life balance.

Part of a team

Love working for medacs I feel part of a team, office staff are friendly and are caring and understanding would recommend this company always room to grow

Pros

Hard working team

Cons

Pay rate isn’t good

Unprofessional

Unprofessional work environment with unachievable KPIs. Office can be extremely unprofessional and lack of confidentiality.

Pros

Some people were lovely

Cons

Unprofessional office environment

Stay away from this Company

No matter how good and involved you are,your coordinator, or whoever is in that office is just going to demand more, put more shifts or calls on you without asking, and then blaming you for not doing your job properly, in situations where you have to fit 2- 3 calls /same hour, 10-15 mns away from each other, being paid for 5 mns traveling.

Cons

Paid/ minute

Terrible management with rude office staff

We carers put ourselves out there everyday to battle the crisis and the management just don’t appreciate you and are really rude to staff and clients

Pros

Cons

Bad management

Awful management

The staff in the office are awful! Always ringing on ur day off, I worked my 4 weeks notice dropped all my stuff off but still didn't pay my final wage!

Cons

Long hours, always ringing on ur day off, didn't pay my last wage

Wonderful People in the Leicester Branch! Great place to work.

Wonderful People in the Leicester Branch! Very helpful and engaging from the moment i contacted them, Highly recommend this company. They are happy to help you regarding working around busy lives with children and are flexable and helpful with the Rota's.

Pros

Feels like Family

Stressful /made to feel rubbish!

Care is not sitting with old ladies have a brew!!! It means "Cover Your @*** Remain Employed!!"(Trainer taught us that! 1st clue at how difficult this role is..) you need to do everything from cleaning a commode with urine and faceas in it, to a person covered in it. Domestic cleaning making beds ,hoovering ,washing pots, cooking, shopping- carrying heavy shopping loads. Assisting with Applying creams/ meds support, physio therapy. Even consider things you wouldn't think of you get asked to do all sorts very few things your allowed to refuse.You need to be able to take been shouted at from everyone even staff that are supposed to support you most the time you feel very isolated and alone. Just reminding yourself that you have bills to pay and will find another job asap.

Pros

You have a job maybe not many hours but a job..

Cons

Everything!

Worst company ever

I have been will the company for over 4 years and would never recommend them to anyone unless you want to be put down and lied about, the manager is a narsaccist who will destroy anyone

Pros

Service users

Great carers to work

Great carers to work with but management are a bit stuffy if you won’t take on extra work no work life balance phone on days off & moan if you have an appointment or have to go to hospital at short notice. Service users are brilliant & so are the other carers I worked with. Please don’t work at Medacs 20p per mile mileage allowance I was putting more in the car. Working from 7am to 10-30 some nights also not many breaks

Pros

Nice service users & carers

Great Place to Work

Very thorough and efficient office, application and training were sorted immediately. Great management staff, lovely Service Users and rewarding work.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Long Days

Learn a lot

From the training we did I learnt a lot and fount the training to helpful as they explained everything to me and helped me along the way and it helped me with my Visual learning

Pros

Explained the training really well

Cons

Travelling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medacs Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement