Medacs Healthcare
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Medacs Healthcare Employee Reviews

userlovelyagencytrainingsupportstaffrecommendoffice

Great work place

Lovely workplace. Great staff. Always helpful.Training available. Great benefits. Management always willing to listen and help out. Highly recommend working here

Mostly out of office work. Good people but tough nature of the job.

People on the phone lines are always friendly when help is needed on the shift. I learned how to take care of elderly people without any prior experience. Management is also very friendly and helpful, never had any issues. Hardest part on the job is the smell of people's houses and walking or driving from house to house. Most enjoyable part of the job is the fulfilment felt when caring for vulnerable people.

Insights into Medacs Healthcare

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

Reliable

Excellent work-life balance, friendly personal consultant, online training, support when needed. Medacs take the stress out of nursing, enabling nurses to do the job they enjoy rather than the politics and poor work-life balance when employed directly.

Very stressful, impossible to get work done in the working day!

This job seriously affected my mental health, to the point of feeling suicidal. After needing serious investigations in hospital due to severe migraines, caused by stress and anxiety, due to the job, not a single person replied to an email sent to management about being in hospital. They simply did not care about their staff, hence the massive turnover of staff.Do NOT work here or do an assessor role. It will destroy you!!

If I could rate 1/2 a star I would

office constantly messaging/calling to pick up extra shifts (on personal phone). Minimal training provided. Short staffed and overworked. Toxic environment and management. Service users were pleasure to work with and the only good thing about this company.

Pros

Service users

Cons

Too many to list

Brillant working experience witg Medacs mangement and supetvieor is fantastic. Every one has equal opportunties excellent enviroment around staff worth of try to work with medacs

Tameside office abysmal

The coordinator at the Tameside office, rarely answers or returns calls, very disorganised. Offered a job in house and accepted to then be put on walkig route once training has been done. The work phone always crashes and are expected to do more than told 99 percent of the time.

Pros

Lovely people to visit in their own homes

Cons

Work phone not the best, crazy days with little helo from coordinator

Nice working with them.

Medacs is a nice place to work. They actually support you. They pay on time. You could choose flexible time to work. Other than that they are very friendly especially the sales team leaders. Thanks Medacs

Medacs moneycare

I worked for them a little while back, I'm not going to lie, the job is stressful but I enjoyed what I did, helping people and their families. The management on the other hand were terrible. They would change shifts at the last minute, force you to work long hours and then threaten you if you refused. I had to quit due to other reasons but I doubt I would of stayed much longer.

Pros

PPE provided, work phone.

Cons

No travel costs, bad management, no care

Loved working with medacs healthcareThe work was enjoyable The colleagues and clients where lovelyAlways had work for meFlexible Good rates of payHoliday pay tooOverall a great company to work for Only left because of family circumstances changed

Dishonest agency

They will promise you support and good work environment, which is obviously a lie.Recruitment consultants couldn't care less about you as a person, all that matters to them is the pay check once they've delivered you to prospective employers.Steer clear of them.

Pros

Nil

Cons

Everything mentioned above

Good all round service

I can recommend this agency to most people in healthcare work. The work is varied and interesting and most shifts are available. The pay and conditions are good.

Pros

Paid on time

Cons

Best if you already have healthcare experience

Work in Covid mobile lab

Absolutely fabulous. Best company I ever worked for, made lovely friends, terrific rate of pay and treated like a human being. Managers within reach if ever we had a problem, at the touch of a button. Unfortunately job finished at the end of March, with the end of Covid funding. We will all miss it.

High demand work

A big company in Bristol, many service users in a nearby area that you can visit them with short travelling time. However, the service time is too limited, service users feel too rush sometimes. Underpaid, no pay during travelling but the office arrange you work from Avonmouth to Henbury, and return to Lawrence Weston.

Pros

nearby service location, friendly environment, enough PPE and testing kit

Cons

low pay, no pay on travelling time, tight travelling time

This company has poor management

Worked for almost 3 yrs with this company hoping it would get better, they just take and take and take, physically and emotionally until you either crack or leave. They do not give a dam about their staff, it’s no wonder they can’t keep the staff. Only worked from one office/ centre which was the Cheshire office. I understand that the new manager is even worse than the last, and again they have employed someone that just see a business and not the SU or staff. I’ll never go back working for this company

Pros

Lovely SU and HCA’s

Cons

No work / life balance

Awful

After nearly 2 months going through registering, poor communication with weeks of no response, I am not pursuing work with this company. It has wasted a great deal of my time and money going to an induction, a journey 1 1/2 hours away, to be told there would be limited work on offer. No response to pay for the time and fuel even though it was through there persistence on going. Awful experience.

Poor

Had a bad experience before I even went for the training day not professional at all constant ringing and texting when you’ve stated your busy!Spoke to me in a rude manor which put me off straight away glad I didn’t go through with the job! Avoid at all costs.

Pros

Cons

All of it

Excellent pay and opportunities

I really enjoyed my time working on behalf of medacs. Salary was miles above others in my area and always compensated for overtime. Hours were excellent for a good work life balance.

Part of a team

Love working for medacs I feel part of a team, office staff are friendly and are caring and understanding would recommend this company always room to grow

Pros

Hard working team

Cons

Pay rate isn’t good

Unprofessional

Unprofessional work environment with unachievable KPIs. Office can be extremely unprofessional and lack of confidentiality.

Pros

Some people were lovely

Cons

Unprofessional office environment

Stay away from this Company

No matter how good and involved you are,your coordinator, or whoever is in that office is just going to demand more, put more shifts or calls on you without asking, and then blaming you for not doing your job properly, in situations where you have to fit 2- 3 calls /same hour, 10-15 mns away from each other, being paid for 5 mns traveling.

Cons

Paid/ minute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medacs Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement