Medacs Healthcare

Medacs Healthcare Employee Reviews in Leicester

Leicester13 reviews

userlovelyagencytrainingsupportstaffrecommendoffice

Friendly and professional agency

I highly recommend this employment agency. The recruiter is very patient and very helpful, do not hesitate to give you a chance if you are foreign or new to the profession. The training is comprehensive and effective. The manager adapts as best as possible to your personal requirements. In short, a professional and friendly agency.

Pros

Day shift and night shift

Cons

poorly covered transport costs

Loved working with medacs healthcareThe work was enjoyable The colleagues and clients where lovelyAlways had work for meFlexible Good rates of payHoliday pay tooOverall a great company to work for Only left because of family circumstances changed

Insights into Medacs Healthcare

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

Amazing!

It is amazing! I love it and would recommend it to everyone. Amazing support by all staff members around you. Everyone works as a team in an amazing way.

Pros

Long good hours

Medacs staff are very welcoming to new staff, made me feel comfortable. They listen to the care workers and they are very flexible with the Rota. The staff are always very helpful over the phone. I enjoy working for Medacs. I was given adequate training for my job and the supervisors are always asking if there is anything they can do to improve our experience as care givers I couldn’t ask for a better company to work for.

Pros

Free PPE

Cons

Less hours

Fast paced and collaborative

Working for Medacs has taught more than I thought I needed to know. It didn’t matter than I had next to no experience in the more hands on care industry. They took me on and taught me everything I know. Everyone is so supportive and we’re when I started. It didn’t matter that I was the new kid. I was welcomed in and have never felt out of place.

Flexible and friendly

This workplace is great for people who would like to do something different, would recommend working in care to anyone who wants to go into a different type of work environment.

Pros

Always someone to help

Cons

Don’t get paid for the driving

Great Company

Great company to work for, my first contact was excellent , the recruiter is patient and friendly. MEDACS offer great opportunities of trainings, the management are supportive and available any time we need to speak to them. The job is sometimes demanding but I enjoy working for Medacs and I don't plan to leave as I am verry happy working here.

Enjoyable work place.

I think working for medacs is very enjoyable. The service users are extremely nice and being a newbie they are very welcoming. Flexable hours around your family.1 downfall lack of communication,

Pros

Flexable hours

Cons

More Communication

Great Experience

I’ve played numerous roles within this company but the starting foundations as a care worker is what got me into becoming a nurse. There 3 day training/ annual Refresher with Sophie was the best I’ve come across! I started my NVQ’s with Medacs also, the office staff were great. Yes communication was not 100% but what company is? I worked the hours that suited me & would 100% return!

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

Lack of Communication

I started here back in 2014

I'm not currently working for medacs has there isn't much work in the area at the minute. I joined after giving birth to my twins. They always accomadated me with hours that suited my family needs.i spent most of my working life on nights. (Clients always plesant)The money is fantastic because they pay you extra for A/L. I would highly recommend. I'm hoping to return when the work picks up.

Pros

Good pay. Company are accommodating

Cons

You may need to travel for work.

Fun work Place

Working for Medacs Health care is really good. a typical day at work is usually busy but also fun. While working with Medacs Health Care, I learnt a lot when working with service users. For example: I learnt to give more choices to service users and encourage them to be more independent in order to help them meet their full potential. I also learnt to communicate with service users. For example; I learnt to use the right tone of voice while speaking to them, I learnt to slower my speech in order to give them time to process what I say. the co-workers are really good as we all work together to make the service user feel safe and loved. They help me a lot and without them I wouldn't probably gained the skills that I have today. Working with Medacs health care is fun but it can also be quite challenging at times. For example: Sometimes there's not enough staff and it takes us more time to meet the needs of service users and we have to rush all the time which can prevent service users from having their needs met. Although it can tough at times working for medacs health care, there are time that we really enjoy ourselves, especially when playing games such as Bingo, Cards with service users. Also having conversation with service users about different things.

Pros

paying for my expenses (Bus)

Cons

long and short hours

It's a nice company to work for but not much work

The company was very nice to work for but not much work... Everyone was lovely... Helpful when need... If I had any problems they would the their best to solve it..

Cons

A nice company to work for

The line Coordinator is very kind and compassionate. However the hours and the fact the job has no contract is an extreme dis-advantage. The hours may change even if you are guaranteed 40 there is no security. However the company pays well compared to others and the office are always willing to help. (Leicestershire)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medacs Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Medacs Healthcare with

Learn about Medacs Healthcare in Leicester

• Medacs Healthcare
  • Leicester
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?