Medacs Healthcare
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Medacs Healthcare Employee Reviews in Loughborough

Loughborough12 reviews

userlovelyagencytrainingsupportstaffrecommendoffice

Fun and educational work place

My 3 days of training was really good and they taught us a lot, I feel more comfortable with what my job involves. It was very interactive and they made sure you understood before they moved on. They were open to all types of questions

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Very physically demanding

Wonderful People in the Leicester Branch! Great place to work.

Wonderful People in the Leicester Branch! Very helpful and engaging from the moment i contacted them, Highly recommend this company. They are happy to help you regarding working around busy lives with children and are flexable and helpful with the Rota's.

Pros

Feels like Family

Insights into Medacs Healthcare

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

Great Place to Work

Very thorough and efficient office, application and training were sorted immediately. Great management staff, lovely Service Users and rewarding work.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Long Days

Learn a lot

From the training we did I learnt a lot and fount the training to helpful as they explained everything to me and helped me along the way and it helped me with my Visual learning

Pros

Explained the training really well

Cons

Travelling

Medacs is a great place to work. I received loads of training and am still learning things day to day. The bosses and managers are very friendly and helpful. They will help you through the whole process. They are flexible with hours that accommodate you. A great place to work

Pros

Free ppe

Cons

Mileage allowance isn’t great

Rewarding & enjoyable

My experience with Medcas has been amazing, everyone including Natalia has been lovely and friendly. And for saying I went into careering without any experience but interest into care, Medcas has giving me a chance to gain experience by providing training and offering their assistance through out my training. All the service users are very polite and friendly aswell.

Pros

Finishing at 12

Cons

Very rewarding, long hours, Enjoying helping + supporting people. Medacs give regular training to help us complete our task satisfactorily.

No support from management at all. They put to much pressure on the carers and give little to no support when needed. Worse company I have ever worked for.

Pros

Have a lot of lovely care users. Meet and make loads of care users that become like family.

Cons

Long hours, no support.

Productive and Easy to work.

Great place to work. The staff is very caring and you can choose your shifts which is a bonus. The pay is pretty decent too. So all in all a good place to work.

Exciting and informative

I’ve worked at Medacs for a week or so, I’ve had so much fun and enjoyment!! Would 100% recommend to friends and family!! They are a lovely company to work for. Accommodate your needs!

Pros

Accommodates you

Cons

Non!

So far so good

Only been with medacs a short time but so far I’ve found it ok . the location and my “round” works brilliantly for me and although it’s a zero hours contract the hours I get work for me . I’ve found it Avery rewarding job . The management aren’t constantly on your back but are there if you need them .

Pros

Location and hours

Cons

Minimum wage

its ok

It is a decent place to work as long as you don't phone the office for support. They don't care as long as the work is done. they will tell you at the interview that they will support you and all, but nope :) in addition to that, you would have to keep a close eye on your wage slips as many times, you would be missing mileage and incorrect payments.

Rewarding but very poor pay and not safe for yourself or Service Users during Covid Crisis

Very rewarding. Management are not on your back. Half the other Carers and dedicated and professional, half are sometimes rude to Service Users, do the absolute minimum and then leave. This is not a job you would do for the money - however they will accept anyone at all. When I did initial training two people failed but they let them start anyway. If you are chatty and generally would feel good about doing something small to make someone's life better you will get on well. I have worked in Care Homes and found this job much easier as most Service Users require much less care. I would say that at the time of writing (late April 2020) Medacs are not taking any (obvious) steps to protect Service Users or Staff from Covid-19 infection. PPE is very very thin on the ground and limited to absolute minimum 'by the book' standards rather than common sense. For your own sake and that of the vulnerable people you are working with I would not recommend working here until the crisis is over OR testing / PPE and risk management has dramatically changed. We have never had gowns and only allowed to use masks if a Service User has symptoms - although we are not warned ahead if they do. Often Covid status is unclear and communication with managers to Carers on the ground can be poor so its better to deal with Supervisors who also work locally (Managers based in Leicester). Vast majority of staff in management / office are caring hard working people but sometimes poor communication can lead to misunderstandings.

Pros

Autonomy, Rewarding

Cons

Zero hours, Pay very poor, low status, not paid for travel time, gaps between calls eat into pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medacs Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Medacs Healthcare with

Learn about Medacs Healthcare in Loughborough

• Medacs Healthcare
  • Loughborough
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?