Medacs Healthcare

Medacs Healthcare Employee Reviews in Manchester

Manchester19 reviews

userlovelyagencytrainingsupportstaffrecommendoffice

Excellent pay and opportunities

I really enjoyed my time working on behalf of medacs. Salary was miles above others in my area and always compensated for overtime. Hours were excellent for a good work life balance.

Brillant working experience witg Medacs mangement and supetvieor is fantastic. Every one has equal opportunties excellent enviroment around staff worth of try to work with medacs

Insights into Medacs Healthcare

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

Good all round service

I can recommend this agency to most people in healthcare work. The work is varied and interesting and most shifts are available. The pay and conditions are good.

Pros

Paid on time

Cons

Best if you already have healthcare experience

Terrible management with rude office staff

We carers put ourselves out there everyday to battle the crisis and the management just don’t appreciate you and are really rude to staff and clients

Pros

Cons

Bad management

Stressful /made to feel rubbish!

Care is not sitting with old ladies have a brew!!! It means "Cover Your @*** Remain Employed!!"(Trainer taught us that! 1st clue at how difficult this role is..) you need to do everything from cleaning a commode with urine and faceas in it, to a person covered in it. Domestic cleaning making beds ,hoovering ,washing pots, cooking, shopping- carrying heavy shopping loads. Assisting with Applying creams/ meds support, physio therapy. Even consider things you wouldn't think of you get asked to do all sorts very few things your allowed to refuse.You need to be able to take been shouted at from everyone even staff that are supposed to support you most the time you feel very isolated and alone. Just reminding yourself that you have bills to pay and will find another job asap.

Pros

You have a job maybe not many hours but a job..

Cons

Everything!

Great carers to work

Great carers to work with but management are a bit stuffy if you won’t take on extra work no work life balance phone on days off & moan if you have an appointment or have to go to hospital at short notice. Service users are brilliant & so are the other carers I worked with. Please don’t work at Medacs 20p per mile mileage allowance I was putting more in the car. Working from 7am to 10-30 some nights also not many breaks

Pros

Nice service users & carers

Cons

, my interview was a bit difficult but it's ok

Working there is ok for me for now over 2 years have been working for Madacs they don't give me holiday they always complain that they are short of workers so I think they need to look at that aspects they need to work on that area

Agency work

This company in the main provides agency work to the care sector. So there is little contact with the agency. They were efficient in the main and provided work 90 % when I requested.

Ok place to work.

Very busy, high expectations of cramming in more calls. Not enough time to be able to be spent with service users. Pay rate wasn't too bad, not particularly keen on the management.

Productive work place

Great Management and ind workers. Good staff members to work beside, great range of service users, guarenteed hours, can trust other members of staff, long working days, not very lenient

I enjoy working with Medacs. Good office staff, great co-workers and very nice service users. I enjoy working with medacs, I do evening and weekends and its nice.

Pros

Paid trainings

Terrible

Could be out from 6:30am until 11:00 at night and your availability means absolutely nothing. Constantly being rang whilst trying to work and even on days off yet when you try to call them regarding a client or rota you are put on hold or cant get through at all. Management constantly make false promises and communication is extremely poor. I used to love my job but with this company I just felt rushed and frustrated not being able to assist people as much as i would like to. No travelling time between calls and calls often overlapped on rota, when you call to try and sort it out they say they have when they havent and then they will blame you for the mistakes they have made. Holidays are never accepted as they are always short staffed due to the way they treat people. Office staff are rude. There is so much I could say and I would challenge anybody from the company about the points I have made. The only reason I lasted was because of my clients.

Pros

Making a difference for the elderly

Cons

Company

Great Place to work

Loves my time a medacs and I am going to miss everyone there. I would go back and do it all over again at the first chance I get. I just wished they had a role for me after my apprenticeship

Pros

Amazing People

Cons

Management Could Improve

Long hours and pays not great

They dont really care about they staff . You can be out from 7 in morning till sometimes 11 at night love to overload you with work . They dont pay u no mileage or any fuel allowance neither.

Pros

Cons

Long hours low pay

Brilliant

Very good agency to work for, most used by the hospital local to me. Staff are always consistent and employees are assigned a "consultant" to organise shifts etc. These consultants are always on the ball, honest and reliable. Only downfall is frequency of shifts (which is down to the wards you work on, not fault of the agency) can fluctuate so if this is your only line of work it's difficult to maintain a wage.

Pros

Reliable, consistent, welcoming

Cons

Lack of hours

Good team to work with

I have been working with Medacs over 4 years now. Medacs was supportive and encouraging through out when needed someone to talk to regarding picking more shift in the process when i was buying my first house. I love all the managers i have worked with so far, always happy and friend no matter the situation. well as long as it is not your fault and you called in advance for any cancellation lol I will alway recommend Medacs to both friends and family any time any day. The hardest part of my job would be going to work on a ward that you don't like but with medacs support you will always be happy to sen go there because Medacs staffs will make sure you know where you are going to work and to also make sure you are happy to go there. Medacs always understands my availability needs due to childcare problem at times, which I am forever grateful for.

Although I thoroughly enjoyed this line of work it could be very upsetting at times. You had to work very long hours for not very good pay, you were called upon 24/7, 365 days a year.

Pros

Enjoyed meeting new people from all walks of life

Cons

Very long hours

productive and fun workplace

Very busy and I have learned to work under pressure but still maintain a good attitude, friendly and supportive co-workers. Hardest part of the job is getting stuck on a traffic jam. The most enjoyable part of the job is finishing my run without emergencies and medication mistakes.

care

good job need hours to make it pay ,with more training looking after people companys not bad

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medacs Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement