Medacs Healthcare

Care Assistant28 reviews
United Kingdom28 reviews

userlovelyagencytrainingsupportstaffrecommendoffice

Un organised

Great service users but company very un organised, do know where you are one minute to next, low pay, shortage of staff and there is lack of communications

If I could rate 1/2 a star I would

office constantly messaging/calling to pick up extra shifts (on personal phone). Minimal training provided. Short staffed and overworked. Toxic environment and management. Service users were pleasure to work with and the only good thing about this company.

Pros

Service users

Cons

Too many to list

Insights into Medacs Healthcare

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

Good all round service

I can recommend this agency to most people in healthcare work. The work is varied and interesting and most shifts are available. The pay and conditions are good.

Pros

Paid on time

Cons

Best if you already have healthcare experience

Part of a team

Love working for medacs I feel part of a team, office staff are friendly and are caring and understanding would recommend this company always room to grow

Pros

Hard working team

Cons

Pay rate isn’t good

Wonderful People in the Leicester Branch! Great place to work.

Wonderful People in the Leicester Branch! Very helpful and engaging from the moment i contacted them, Highly recommend this company. They are happy to help you regarding working around busy lives with children and are flexable and helpful with the Rota's.

Pros

Feels like Family

Worst company ever

I have been will the company for over 4 years and would never recommend them to anyone unless you want to be put down and lied about, the manager is a narsaccist who will destroy anyone

Pros

Service users

Great carers to work

Great carers to work with but management are a bit stuffy if you won’t take on extra work no work life balance phone on days off & moan if you have an appointment or have to go to hospital at short notice. Service users are brilliant & so are the other carers I worked with. Please don’t work at Medacs 20p per mile mileage allowance I was putting more in the car. Working from 7am to 10-30 some nights also not many breaks

Pros

Nice service users & carers

Learn a lot

From the training we did I learnt a lot and fount the training to helpful as they explained everything to me and helped me along the way and it helped me with my Visual learning

Pros

Explained the training really well

Cons

Travelling

Medacs

They r the worst company to work for medacs they don't give u any help and they keep changing your rotas at the last minute. They r never anyone on the end of the phone when u need them

Rewarding & enjoyable

My experience with Medcas has been amazing, everyone including Natalia has been lovely and friendly. And for saying I went into careering without any experience but interest into care, Medcas has giving me a chance to gain experience by providing training and offering their assistance through out my training. All the service users are very polite and friendly aswell.

Pros

Finishing at 12

Madecs halthcare

Madecs halthcare is very good company I so happy to work with madacs healthcare i had 100% parfect trening I just say is the best 👌 amazing thank you for helping.

Medacs staff are very welcoming to new staff, made me feel comfortable. They listen to the care workers and they are very flexible with the Rota. The staff are always very helpful over the phone. I enjoy working for Medacs. I was given adequate training for my job and the supervisors are always asking if there is anything they can do to improve our experience as care givers I couldn’t ask for a better company to work for.

Pros

Free PPE

Cons

Less hours

Friendly and professional agency

I highly recommend this employment agency. The recruiter is very patient and very helpful, do not hesitate to give you a chance if you are foreign or new to the profession. The training is comprehensive and effective. The manager adapts as best as possible to your personal requirements. In short, a professional and friendly agency.

Pros

Day shift and night shift

Cons

poorly covered transport costs

Flexible and friendly

This workplace is great for people who would like to do something different, would recommend working in care to anyone who wants to go into a different type of work environment.

Pros

Always someone to help

Cons

Don’t get paid for the driving

Great Company

Great company to work for, my first contact was excellent , the recruiter is patient and friendly. MEDACS offer great opportunities of trainings, the management are supportive and available any time we need to speak to them. The job is sometimes demanding but I enjoy working for Medacs and I don't plan to leave as I am verry happy working here.

No good coordinators, having favourites, especially the carers who were rude and verbally abusing other polite care workers & also vulnerable S/users

Some care workers very rude and verbally abusing other colleagues. Because no action was taken in regards to their unprofessional attitude, the job was very stressful plus no support from the care coordinators who are paid to sort these issues. Management not good at all, no proper training on communication for the coordinators who enjoy bullying ppermanently

Over worked and burdened with ridiculous amounts of calls

If you’re the person who dedicates your life to work and nothing else then this is the job for you! If you love being stressed to the max and running round like a headless chicken then this is also the job for you! Other than that avoid at all costs :)

Pros

Cons

No life

I have been at medacs for a few years now and I love it. I love been part of a team and when I was sick the office staff sent me some flowers and a card, would definitely and have recommended

Pros

Great team

Cons

Can't think of anything

Horrible place

Management talk to staff in a awful manner. Horrible and cruel people to work with. Avoid at all cost if you want a job you’ll be happy with. this job isn’t it.

Pros

Leaving

constantly at work

Constantly at work from early morning till midnight. Constantly putting extra not even asking first. Constant pressure to do more days. If you have time off work being taken off for weeks. No contracts Do not care about service users Management not caring about their staff, rude Constantly calling while you in client house doing care.

Cons

Long hours, no respect, rude staff

general day at home care

most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people on a day to day basis and knowing that if its wasn't for me they wouldn't of achieved what they needing to be done such as everday tasks. the hardest part of the job was all the driving around leeds and Bradford area. management wasn't that good sometimes you couldn't get threw to the right people you needed too get the correct information about service users. a typical day at work was drive to the clients house do personal care , provide medication , provide food and fluids , clean the house and their washing and then move onto the next house and do it all over again.

Pros

flexible days

Cons

long hours and alot of driving required

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medacs Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement