Medacs Healthcare

Medacs Healthcare Employee Reviews for Care Worker

Care Worker15 reviews
United Kingdom15 reviews

userlovelyagencytrainingsupportstaffrecommendoffice

Fun and educational work place

My 3 days of training was really good and they taught us a lot, I feel more comfortable with what my job involves. It was very interactive and they made sure you understood before they moved on. They were open to all types of questions

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Very physically demanding

Awful management

The staff in the office are awful! Always ringing on ur day off, I worked my 4 weeks notice dropped all my stuff off but still didn't pay my final wage!

Cons

Long hours, always ringing on ur day off, didn't pay my last wage

Insights into Medacs Healthcare

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

Stressful /made to feel rubbish!

Care is not sitting with old ladies have a brew!!! It means "Cover Your @*** Remain Employed!!"(Trainer taught us that! 1st clue at how difficult this role is..) you need to do everything from cleaning a commode with urine and faceas in it, to a person covered in it. Domestic cleaning making beds ,hoovering ,washing pots, cooking, shopping- carrying heavy shopping loads. Assisting with Applying creams/ meds support, physio therapy. Even consider things you wouldn't think of you get asked to do all sorts very few things your allowed to refuse.You need to be able to take been shouted at from everyone even staff that are supposed to support you most the time you feel very isolated and alone. Just reminding yourself that you have bills to pay and will find another job asap.

Pros

You have a job maybe not many hours but a job..

Cons

Everything!

Productive and Easy to work.

Great place to work. The staff is very caring and you can choose your shifts which is a bonus. The pay is pretty decent too. So all in all a good place to work.

Enjoyable work place.

I think working for medacs is very enjoyable. The service users are extremely nice and being a newbie they are very welcoming. Flexable hours around your family.1 downfall lack of communication,

Pros

Flexable hours

Cons

More Communication

Great Experience

I’ve played numerous roles within this company but the starting foundations as a care worker is what got me into becoming a nurse. There 3 day training/ annual Refresher with Sophie was the best I’ve come across! I started my NVQ’s with Medacs also, the office staff were great. Yes communication was not 100% but what company is? I worked the hours that suited me & would 100% return!

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

Lack of Communication

Management has no regard for staff welfare or safety

Management has no regard for staff welfare or safety. Management are unable or unwilling to have any interest in staff once you start working that’s why within the industry medacs is probably the worst to retain Staff. Every day you have off you will get at least two phone calls asking you to work

Enjoyed working with them

Nice company to work for.and I got on good with my work colleagues and my clients.but still waiting for more hours.plus we get paid weekly.and I always work with the same clients and less we need to cover for other workers.

Cons

Not much hours

Ok place to work.

Very busy, high expectations of cramming in more calls. Not enough time to be able to be spent with service users. Pay rate wasn't too bad, not particularly keen on the management.

I enjoy working with Medacs. Good office staff, great co-workers and very nice service users. I enjoy working with medacs, I do evening and weekends and its nice.

Pros

Paid trainings

awful management

Terrible management,unprofessional, work load ridiculous. Don't expect to have a life. Management speak to staff with no respect and expect the world for nothing

Good staff members to work beside, great range of service users, guarenteed hours, can trust other members of staff, long working days, not very lenient

Pros

Guarenteed hours

caring.

The company is very efficient. They were very understanding with what hours i could work. The actual work i carried out was enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was going to the different places i was sent to and feeling part of the team due to the long periods of time in between going there. I learned that to work with people with learning disabilities is a very rewarding but tiring job to have. The company did not try to push me to do loads of hours though.

worked different places

As have worked in different locations which have given me a wider experiences to work with all types of vulnerable people.

Pros

Cons

you dont get job daily

productive

i enjoy working in all aspects of care. i learn something new everyday. although it is sometimes hard work, it is very rewarding. i have experience of working in all areas. elderly, young and old vunerable adults.

Pros

working with the vunerable

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medacs Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement