Medacs Healthcare

Caregiver12 reviews
United Kingdom12 reviews

userlovelyagencytrainingsupportstaffrecommendoffice

So far so good

Only been with medacs a short time but so far I’ve found it ok . the location and my “round” works brilliantly for me and although it’s a zero hours contract the hours I get work for me . I’ve found it Avery rewarding job . The management aren’t constantly on your back but are there if you need them .

Pros

Location and hours

Cons

Minimum wage

Tameside office abysmal

The coordinator at the Tameside office, rarely answers or returns calls, very disorganised. Offered a job in house and accepted to then be put on walkig route once training has been done. The work phone always crashes and are expected to do more than told 99 percent of the time.

Pros

Lovely people to visit in their own homes

Cons

Work phone not the best, crazy days with little helo from coordinator

Insights into Medacs Healthcare

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

Loved working with medacs healthcareThe work was enjoyable The colleagues and clients where lovelyAlways had work for meFlexible Good rates of payHoliday pay tooOverall a great company to work for Only left because of family circumstances changed

Unprofessional

Unprofessional work environment with unachievable KPIs. Office can be extremely unprofessional and lack of confidentiality.

Pros

Some people were lovely

Cons

Unprofessional office environment

Great Place to Work

Very thorough and efficient office, application and training were sorted immediately. Great management staff, lovely Service Users and rewarding work.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Long Days

Nice runs !

Worked part time - flexible around my small child. Consistent shifts , plenty of extra hours when wanted . Lovely clients all in close proximity. Trainer was super friendly! 3 days full induction plus on the job training.

i'm loving it

I joined just under 1 year ago and so far so good. this is not a job for people looking for a quick pay day. a lot of work available, but a lot of carers go sick sometimes. makes it stressful with all the short notice changes.

Pros

supportive office staff

Cons

poor communication sometimes

Very rewarding, long hours, Enjoying helping + supporting people. Medacs give regular training to help us complete our task satisfactorily.

No support from management at all. They put to much pressure on the carers and give little to no support when needed. Worse company I have ever worked for.

Pros

Have a lot of lovely care users. Meet and make loads of care users that become like family.

Cons

Long hours, no support.

Fast paced and collaborative

Working for Medacs has taught more than I thought I needed to know. It didn’t matter than I had next to no experience in the more hands on care industry. They took me on and taught me everything I know. Everyone is so supportive and we’re when I started. It didn’t matter that I was the new kid. I was welcomed in and have never felt out of place.

Waste of time

I done all the training with company couldn't wait to start work.Got my contract zero hours they dont tell you that at the interview. When you go for your training they tell you they provide lunch that was 2 custard creams and a cup of tea. I started my shadowing I worked for 12 hours got paid for 8 because they only pay you when your in the clients home. £55 POUNDS i received for thst time. They have very little work and wanted to you me for cover when someone was on holiday. You just sit around the rest of the time earning no money

Pros

Lovely old people

Cons

Totally unorganised. Poor wages. Poor communication

Rewarding but very poor pay and not safe for yourself or Service Users during Covid Crisis

Very rewarding. Management are not on your back. Half the other Carers and dedicated and professional, half are sometimes rude to Service Users, do the absolute minimum and then leave. This is not a job you would do for the money - however they will accept anyone at all. When I did initial training two people failed but they let them start anyway. If you are chatty and generally would feel good about doing something small to make someone's life better you will get on well. I have worked in Care Homes and found this job much easier as most Service Users require much less care. I would say that at the time of writing (late April 2020) Medacs are not taking any (obvious) steps to protect Service Users or Staff from Covid-19 infection. PPE is very very thin on the ground and limited to absolute minimum 'by the book' standards rather than common sense. For your own sake and that of the vulnerable people you are working with I would not recommend working here until the crisis is over OR testing / PPE and risk management has dramatically changed. We have never had gowns and only allowed to use masks if a Service User has symptoms - although we are not warned ahead if they do. Often Covid status is unclear and communication with managers to Carers on the ground can be poor so its better to deal with Supervisors who also work locally (Managers based in Leicester). Vast majority of staff in management / office are caring hard working people but sometimes poor communication can lead to misunderstandings.

Pros

Autonomy, Rewarding

Cons

Zero hours, Pay very poor, low status, not paid for travel time, gaps between calls eat into pay

well run company

working for medacs was defantly an experance for myself as i had never done home to home care before. i defantly learned a bit while there, but found that i could not cope so well with working the hours i was.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medacs Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement