Medacs Healthcare

Medacs Healthcare Employee Reviews for Healthcare Assistant

Healthcare Assistant18 reviews
United Kingdom18 reviews

userlovelyagencytrainingsupportstaffrecommendoffice

Enough shifts per employee’s availability

I enjoyed working with Medacs, good rate of payment though need to be reviewed and increase coming April to suit the economic difficulties we are facing now. Good communication but more room for improvement as it’s difficult to reach to reach extension number or departments on time.

Brillant working experience witg Medacs mangement and supetvieor is fantastic. Every one has equal opportunties excellent enviroment around staff worth of try to work with medacs

Insights into Medacs Healthcare

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

Medacs moneycare

I worked for them a little while back, I'm not going to lie, the job is stressful but I enjoyed what I did, helping people and their families. The management on the other hand were terrible. They would change shifts at the last minute, force you to work long hours and then threaten you if you refused. I had to quit due to other reasons but I doubt I would of stayed much longer.

Pros

PPE provided, work phone.

Cons

No travel costs, bad management, no care

Poor

Had a bad experience before I even went for the training day not professional at all constant ringing and texting when you’ve stated your busy!Spoke to me in a rude manor which put me off straight away glad I didn’t go through with the job! Avoid at all costs.

Pros

Cons

All of it

Amazing!

It is amazing! I love it and would recommend it to everyone. Amazing support by all staff members around you. Everyone works as a team in an amazing way.

Pros

Long good hours

All places are good to work in

Loving work in my new job with medacs wouldnt ask for more great times, management,support...... highly recommend as carer and if service user. I wouldn't hesitate.

Productive and fun place

Good place to work calm easy working with Medacs, you learn and gain more knowledge in health care expose to several areas of the field, since I have been working my love for the job has increased tremendously

Pros

No feeding

Cons

Flexible hours

its ok

It is a decent place to work as long as you don't phone the office for support. They don't care as long as the work is done. they will tell you at the interview that they will support you and all, but nope :) in addition to that, you would have to keep a close eye on your wage slips as many times, you would be missing mileage and incorrect payments.

Good Agency Cambridgeshire

I had a great booking advocate, very supportive . It went from BlueArrow to Medacs, 2003 - 2017 it was great training, probably one of the best. The rates, I think could have been better , the night shifts and mental health units seemed to be better paid.

not a bad agency to sign up to

my job entailed working at hospitals as a health care assistance. i didn't work with this agency for long but i can confirm the staff were friendly and had no regrets being part of the compnany

Good experience, excellent pay, good staff.

Overall it was good to know all the staff members at Medacs. I have enjoyed working with Medacs. I'll recommend my friends who wants to work in health care.

Agency work

This company in the main provides agency work to the care sector. So there is little contact with the agency. They were efficient in the main and provided work 90 % when I requested.

Great company

Good company to work for if you have a driving licence and have a passion to care for others they have great management and you are paid weekly which was great

Long hours and pays not great

They dont really care about they staff . You can be out from 7 in morning till sometimes 11 at night love to overload you with work . They dont pay u no mileage or any fuel allowance neither.

Pros

Cons

Long hours low pay

Don't recommend

I have worked for Medacs for over a year. It's worst company to work for. They used to make so many mistakes. They would send me to hospital to do shift but in many cases wards didn't know anything about it. Quite a few times they put me down for morning shift and when I got to the hospital , I was told that I'm down for late shift. They always blamed others for that. Some of the staff in the office are rude and bullies , + constant denial. I have worked for a few healthcare agencies but never had such a bad experience. I have to admit that trainers were very good, they knew their job very well Not nice company to work for, in fact it was awful

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management, staff

Alright, nothing to sing about.

was an okay firm to work with, pushing shifts, always had work if you wanted it. working with medacs the only problem is moving ward every shift, as some wards don't have the time to be able to propperly orientate you to the ward and expect you to pick up their practices as you go along.

Pros

Work when you want.

Cons

pedantic with the timesheets

They'll tell you full-time hours are available to lure you in!!

Ward-based work across different hospital sites. Good to gain experience in HCA work. Management is poor; will book you on shifts with as little as 30 mins notice and expect you to fulfill even at last minute!! Training is free, although certificates arent given out. Hardest part of the job is trying to fulfill shifts with short notice The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety, experience gained, and job satisfaction of caring for your patients. Overall, poor company to work for. Better off joining the bank staff at your local trust.

Pros

Good weekend/night pay if you can get a shift

Cons

Sometimes go long periods without any work

Rewarding

Observations, bathing patients, Daily documentationsI have the opportunity to work different people in the healthcare secotr and learn different skillsI work well with my co-workers as we are a team on the wardHardest part of my job is the long hours but it is worth it because the most enjoyable part is i get to help people

Pros

helping people

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medacs Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Medacs Healthcare with

• Medacs Healthcare
  • Healthcare Assistant
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?