Medacs Healthcare

Medacs Healthcare Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Support Worker19 reviews
United Kingdom19 reviews

userlovelyagencytrainingsupportstaffrecommendoffice

Medacs health care is ok but the management need to seat up.

Not much to say they should increase their salary. And the management team need to seat up. And work this easy for the worker out there because they are this eyes of Medacs. And be fair of salary and statutory paid

Stay away from this Company

No matter how good and involved you are,your coordinator, or whoever is in that office is just going to demand more, put more shifts or calls on you without asking, and then blaming you for not doing your job properly, in situations where you have to fit 2- 3 calls /same hour, 10-15 mns away from each other, being paid for 5 mns traveling.

Cons

Paid/ minute

Insights into Medacs Healthcare

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

, my interview was a bit difficult but it's ok

Working there is ok for me for now over 2 years have been working for Madacs they don't give me holiday they always complain that they are short of workers so I think they need to look at that aspects they need to work on that area

Exciting and informative

I’ve worked at Medacs for a week or so, I’ve had so much fun and enjoyment!! Would 100% recommend to friends and family!! They are a lovely company to work for. Accommodate your needs!

Pros

Accommodates you

Cons

Non!

poor

poor. the management never ever ever get back to you and when they do, it is to say that all the shifts have been taken. it is a very biased agency that benefits people who have spent their whole life working there as they have leverage over new starters and it is very sad.

Management don’t listen. No communication from management. Over worked and putting extra calls on you without asking. Left on your own to get on with work. No help or support when struggling, but if something goes wrong its your fault

Very excellent support team

Still can't find any Healthcare Provider that matches Medacs Healthcare. Their support to their employees is amazing. Their training training is up to standard.

Excellent

Good agency All consultants and management are fantastic. It was a good experience working for Medacs

Pros

Free training, good holiday pay. Look after their staff's wellbeing

Cons

Zero hour contract

Productive work place

Great Management and ind workers. Good staff members to work beside, great range of service users, guarenteed hours, can trust other members of staff, long working days, not very lenient

Unable to review due to not working there long

I only worked for medacs for about six weeks as they took over from Comfort call who I had been with for just over two years,so it's hard to write a review.

Pleasant helpful staff

I have enjoyed my time with Medacs Healthcare and would work for them again. I would definitely recommend them and have done so on a number of occasions.

Lovely management

Nice staff and during my time there they were very helpful and tried to find work for their agency staff., Rates of pay were I think comparable to other agencies

Pros

Can choose hours

Cons

various places of work

Varied roles

Support working via an agency Must be prepared to travel for training car driver essential Not ideal if you have small children meet lots of new people enjoyable job

Pros

no pro

Fun work Place

Working for Medacs Health care is really good. a typical day at work is usually busy but also fun. While working with Medacs Health Care, I learnt a lot when working with service users. For example: I learnt to give more choices to service users and encourage them to be more independent in order to help them meet their full potential. I also learnt to communicate with service users. For example; I learnt to use the right tone of voice while speaking to them, I learnt to slower my speech in order to give them time to process what I say. the co-workers are really good as we all work together to make the service user feel safe and loved. They help me a lot and without them I wouldn't probably gained the skills that I have today. Working with Medacs health care is fun but it can also be quite challenging at times. For example: Sometimes there's not enough staff and it takes us more time to meet the needs of service users and we have to rush all the time which can prevent service users from having their needs met. Although it can tough at times working for medacs health care, there are time that we really enjoy ourselves, especially when playing games such as Bingo, Cards with service users. Also having conversation with service users about different things.

Pros

paying for my expenses (Bus)

Cons

long and short hours

Good team to work with

I have been working with Medacs over 4 years now. Medacs was supportive and encouraging through out when needed someone to talk to regarding picking more shift in the process when i was buying my first house. I love all the managers i have worked with so far, always happy and friend no matter the situation. well as long as it is not your fault and you called in advance for any cancellation lol I will alway recommend Medacs to both friends and family any time any day. The hardest part of my job would be going to work on a ward that you don't like but with medacs support you will always be happy to sen go there because Medacs staffs will make sure you know where you are going to work and to also make sure you are happy to go there. Medacs always understands my availability needs due to childcare problem at times, which I am forever grateful for.

Current Work Place

Good company to work with, plenty of work, upto date training. Working with Medacs for over nine years and I would recommend anyone as their rates are good.

Pros

Vouchers

Cons

Distance

A nice company to work for

The line Coordinator is very kind and compassionate. However the hours and the fact the job has no contract is an extreme dis-advantage. The hours may change even if you are guaranteed 40 there is no security. However the company pays well compared to others and the office are always willing to help. (Leicestershire)

productive and fun workplace

Very busy and I have learned to work under pressure but still maintain a good attitude, friendly and supportive co-workers. Hardest part of the job is getting stuck on a traffic jam. The most enjoyable part of the job is finishing my run without emergencies and medication mistakes.

productive, first class training

looking after a person for the whole shift, from personal care to socializing, how to be very patient, and a good listener,management approachable, long hours, seeing someone learning new things

Pros

going out into community

Cons

long hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medacs Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement