MEDICAL PROTECTION SOCIETY

MEDICAL PROTECTION SOCIETY Employee Reviews

Not a long term career

Undergoing considerable structural/ operational change across the business. A new role may be safer than existing jobs. Executive display Command and Control attitude/ approach despite claiming to be collaborative

Pros

General work colleagues

Cons

Executive

One of the best companies I've worked for.

Interesting job, however the best thing is the way the company care about their staff and believe in their product. Manager's take time to keep in touch with their teams and motivate staff. Despite working from home since March 2020 we have still had regular catch ups, quiz nights, competitions and teams workouts after work.

Pros

Bonus based on performance, good pension, health care scheme, cycle ti work scheme

Cons

Call centre environment, limited parking spaces (when working in offi e)

Unfortunately this business does not support disabled employees

Very fast paced business. Extremely stressful environment and little team work.This organisation does not support the needs of disabled employees. Not a good experience

Pros

Good benefits package

Cons

Discrimination is rife here

good place to work

have lots of opportunity to progress and further career in MPS. They is a career plan in place and clear goals are set for individuals to progress and get salary increase too.

Amazing place to work

A really lovely place to work. They look after their employees so well. I am only seeking new employment as I am on a temp contract. I would happily apply to work here again.

Great company to work for.

Really good company to work for and enjoyed assisting the friendly staff and management. Made many life longer friends on the interim contract I worked on.

Constantly evolving company. Opportunites to learn other areas of the business. 10 years service great benefits. Team collaboration orientated. Fast paced. Good culture.

Great place to work with opportunities

I would recommend MPS asa great place to work, form the physical environment to the culture and management team/supportive nature. I always felt supported while working there and they have a great team and open culture.

Old boys club

Not somewhere to work if you want to work in an agile, collaborative and fun environment. MPS does not look after employees and does not care about mental health and wellbeing. You only stay it your face fits. People aren't listened to or valued. Worst job in my entire career!

Good place to work with excellent benefits, Management in FM lacking experience or willingness to change. The company overall I would highly recommended.

Pros

Health Benefits/ Pension

Cons

Lack of Managment knowledge/ willingness to change

Worst job ever

Worked at MPS for 4 months, before leaving due to deterioration of my mental health, caused by the stress of management. Whole place built on favoritism and gossip. Very strict.

Good working enviroment

Good working environment. Nice people. On site gym for small monthly fee. They promote flexible and fairness but to be honest it depends on your department, manager and "business requirements"

Good wage and benefits but...

To belong you need to have a medical or legal background. Utterly ruthless, it’s all about the money. Equal opportunity only exists as long as you hit their levels. I found the experience of working there impacted on my physical and psychological health resulting in me going to hospital with suspected heart issues and I ended up on anti-depressants.

Not bad

not a bad place to work, could be better, management sucked, no one smiles, too hot, wouldn't reccommend to anyone really. no job progression, IT teams

Interesting

Kept on a probationary period for a very long time. This could have been managed better and more support given. The shift patterns were more irregular than initially thought. Not for me.

Temporary medical-legal audio transcriptionist

On the plus side, I had a good admin manager who communicated well with her team and I acquired some new transcription skills with the advanced IT systems in place. Sadly, the working environment wasn't good due to large open plan offices where windows couldn't be opened and air con/lighting couldn't be controlled very well. Not that healthy an atmosphere for sb like me who suffered from the occasional severe migraines. The hardest part of the job was the office environment with too many people/departments being housed together in large open plan offices. Admin and clinical teams sat in same offices and so there were a lot of distractions and not much privacy if you needed it.

Pros

Advanced IT systems

Cons

Large open plan offices, lighting too bright, poor air con and lack of fresh air - couldn't open windows

Good Place to work at

A good company to work for, the employees are very nice and they always looking to help on whatever you need. The company provides good benefits to it's employees!

Workplace

Very busy department with a lots of varied work. Dealing with internal, external queries. Work colleagues make MPS what they are today as a company..

Pros

Staff Pension Scheme

Cons

Normal working hours opportunity to work compressed hours

Great staff in a modern, open working environment

An established company with a desire to advance and develop. Opportunities for staff to learn, develop and advance their careers. Some really outstanding staff and a culture of openness so you can genuinely walk up to anyone and they will stop what they're doing to answer your questions. Generally a friendly and inclusive staff culture.

Pros

Salary, benefits and opportunity to develop

Cons

Inefficient overuse of meetings

No development or succession available

Even if it seems fine at first, it all goes down hill VERY quick. There are not opportunities to move up or around in the company, they aim to pay you on the lower end of what you should be paid and employees are given management titles to make it seem like they are moving up but they are not- and they do not know how to manage.

Pros

close to train station

Cons

management, stale environment, penny pinchers

Line Managers provided me with fantastic opportunities to develop

My direct line managers gave me responsibilities which enabled me to develop and grown within my role. I have learnt so much from the team that I worked in. I have become more confident, assertive and aware of different communication styles and working practices. My legal and business knowledge has grown immensely. I have put into practice all my skills, theory and past experiences which gave my line managers the confidence to invest time and trust in me to manage people and a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MEDICAL PROTECTION SOCIETY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement