MEDICAL PROTECTION SOCIETY
Happiness score is 42 out of 100

MEDICAL PROTECTION SOCIETY Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom33 reviews

goodworkingcompanymanagementworkplacejobstaff

Loved my team but the company is going downhill

I absolutely loved the team of people I worked with but senior management were making changes to how the (very successful) team worked and not including the team in discussions. I feel like the company overall doesn't care about it's employees.

Pros

My team were excellent!

Cons

Senior management are poor and don't listen to staff

Really Enjoyed my time there

Worked at MPS for over 7 years. Lobed my time there and team were great. Reluctantly left due to salary lower than market average and no room for movement.

Insights into MEDICAL PROTECTION SOCIETY

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great benefits, horrible people

So much potential but completely archaic, and run old-school, horrible culture amongst cliquey managers, gossip and bullying with no repercussions. Staff weren't valued and were let go after years of service for asking for change in hours to accommodate studying, etc. Employees stressed under pressure, and having to take work home with them too. Feedback ignored, and bad business decisions from higher up. Massively underpayed for the work expected.

Pros

Nice offices, good benefits

Cons

Bad parking, even worse people

Sinking ship with unqualified staff at the helm

I did a stint in the legal department and had two managers. One was a qualified lawyer and the other had no legal qualification, was out of her depth with trying to train graduates but was very good at showing up to her zoom meetings with the legal assistants wearing a mangey old dressing gown and unkempt appearance (we must have been interrupting her watching daytime television programmes). When I joined there were problems with IT setting up the equipment, the legal department were using the antiquated CRM for their cases and every week people ended up leaving. I stayed for some experience but with both managers at loggerheads with each other and unable to co-ordinate urgent case matters together causing confusion and dismorale. There was no proper training. and you ended up with your own training notes which was difficult with remote working. My advice for management is if you're to employ staff make sure they have the relevant qualifications otherwise you're wasting people's time and skills. This might be a decent organisation to join in 4-5 years time but with a hefty amount of people leaving I wasn't going to hang around and got a better role with structure.

Pros

The members

Cons

Long hours, unrealistic demands from people at all hours and some obnoxoius legal advisers and daft managers.

Decent pay and good training

MPS are really big on welfare and do look after their employees. The pay is decent and there is room for development and always opportunities to learn. You get good training and the job is varied and busy. I’d recommend it as a place to work if you’re proactive and enjoy being busy.

Pros

Good pay, well-being

Cons

Outdated case management system

One of the best companies I've worked for.

Interesting job, however the best thing is the way the company care about their staff and believe in their product. Manager's take time to keep in touch with their teams and motivate staff. Despite working from home since March 2020 we have still had regular catch ups, quiz nights, competitions and teams workouts after work.

Pros

Bonus based on performance, good pension, health care scheme, cycle ti work scheme

Cons

Call centre environment, limited parking spaces (when working in offi e)

Unfortunately this business does not support disabled employees

Very fast paced business. Extremely stressful environment and little team work.This organisation does not support the needs of disabled employees. Not a good experience

Pros

Good benefits package

Cons

Discrimination is rife here

good place to work

have lots of opportunity to progress and further career in MPS. They is a career plan in place and clear goals are set for individuals to progress and get salary increase too.

Amazing place to work

A really lovely place to work. They look after their employees so well. I am only seeking new employment as I am on a temp contract. I would happily apply to work here again.

Not a long term career

Undergoing considerable structural/ operational change across the business. A new role may be safer than existing jobs. Executive display Command and Control attitude/ approach despite claiming to be collaborative

Pros

General work colleagues

Cons

Executive

Great company to work for.

Really good company to work for and enjoyed assisting the friendly staff and management. Made many life longer friends on the interim contract I worked on.

Constantly evolving company. Opportunites to learn other areas of the business. 10 years service great benefits. Team collaboration orientated. Fast paced. Good culture.

Great place to work with opportunities

I would recommend MPS asa great place to work, form the physical environment to the culture and management team/supportive nature. I always felt supported while working there and they have a great team and open culture.

Old boys club

Not somewhere to work if you want to work in an agile, collaborative and fun environment. MPS does not look after employees and does not care about mental health and wellbeing. You only stay it your face fits. People aren't listened to or valued. Worst job in my entire career!

Good place to work with excellent benefits, Management in FM lacking experience or willingness to change. The company overall I would highly recommended.

Pros

Health Benefits/ Pension

Cons

Lack of Managment knowledge/ willingness to change

Worst job ever

Worked at MPS for 4 months, before leaving due to deterioration of my mental health, caused by the stress of management. Whole place built on favoritism and gossip. Very strict.

Good working enviroment

Good working environment. Nice people. On site gym for small monthly fee. They promote flexible and fairness but to be honest it depends on your department, manager and "business requirements"

Good wage and benefits but...

To belong you need to have a medical or legal background. Utterly ruthless, it’s all about the money. Equal opportunity only exists as long as you hit their levels. I found the experience of working there impacted on my physical and psychological health resulting in me going to hospital with suspected heart issues and I ended up on anti-depressants.

Not bad

not a bad place to work, could be better, management sucked, no one smiles, too hot, wouldn't reccommend to anyone really. no job progression, IT teams

Interesting

Kept on a probationary period for a very long time. This could have been managed better and more support given. The shift patterns were more irregular than initially thought. Not for me.

Temporary medical-legal audio transcriptionist

On the plus side, I had a good admin manager who communicated well with her team and I acquired some new transcription skills with the advanced IT systems in place. Sadly, the working environment wasn't good due to large open plan offices where windows couldn't be opened and air con/lighting couldn't be controlled very well. Not that healthy an atmosphere for sb like me who suffered from the occasional severe migraines. The hardest part of the job was the office environment with too many people/departments being housed together in large open plan offices. Admin and clinical teams sat in same offices and so there were a lot of distractions and not much privacy if you needed it.

Pros

Advanced IT systems

Cons

Large open plan offices, lighting too bright, poor air con and lack of fresh air - couldn't open windows

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MEDICAL PROTECTION SOCIETY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement