Medivet Group
Happiness score is 42 out of 100

Medivet Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom143 reviews

rvnvetveterinarypracticepcaspcaanimalnurse

Great people, poor management/ training insufficient and underpaid

While I value the experience I gained at the vet practice, in addition to really enjoying working with the friendly employees there, there was an issue in management immediately apparent. The management meant that jobs had to pass through overstretched and overworked employees which when new is very stressful. Additionally this made training extremely difficult. Considering the role of CCA involves dispensing meds, convening with vets and providing advice, this meant the job was high risk if mistakes where made. Only 2 weeks in I was doing all of this independly and within 2 weeks a customer had to come in due to a mistake in medical dispensing. If this medication could cause adverse reactions to the animals and the owner wasn't aware, then there would be a real chance of an animal overdosing, which shouldn't be a worry if you have no experience and insufficient training. Luckily I was treated and given a briefing from the head vet surgeon but I find that if it wasn't for the staff being so supportive it would likely result in the blame game being passed to the one making the unfortunate mistake. I think it's important to consider unless you can genuinely multitask and can deal with stress, or have experience in vet practice, this job will cause you to feel uneasy aleast unti you feel confident with the normal tasks which are expected of you.

Pros

- Great team, great for animal lovers, great for experience

Cons

Poor management, poor communication from superiors

Used to be a great workplace before medivet took over.

Pretty much what everyone here is saying. Unable to retain vets, losing clients, people cancelling appointments because of price and their favourite vets leaving, need things in practice but they won't give them to us... they've taken on so many practices and try to manage things in the background which is not easy. Because there are now so many practices there's an awful lot of admin in the background simply because there are so many practices, they are not here with us doing the job, is this why the prices are so high now? To pay the many admin staff who are not here doing veterinary care? Because not much in our practice has changed to make it a better practice and yet the prices have gone right up. But even though they've taken over a practice with many clients and made everyone leave (staff and clients) they did stamp out the competition. Are medivet aware of their own reputation? I hope people can find a good vet practice and hopefully medivet won't come and take over that one aswell. The slogan when you open freedom says 'always there'. Yeah they are cos they've bought so many practices you can't get away from them.

Insights into Medivet Group

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Head Veterinary Nurse

Medivet is great as a company and enjoyed it since working for them from 2015. Can be busy with not many staff, doesn't seem to enough vets in the region which can make your day very challenging.

Stressful but interesting

Learned a lot of new things with Medivet, very fun place to work but can be stressful. Alot of multitasking and problem solving. Can be depressing but very rewarding

Mangement Dont care about staff

Management dont care about staff, no work life balance. Overwork their vets.Lots of promises but never materialised.Vets asked to give up days off to work.Always understaffed

Pros

Paid cpd

Cons

Long hours, low pay

The recruitment team is the best team I have ever had

My recruitment team was honestly the best team I have ever worked with. Best management and over all team morale. Unfortunately the company is not very good, no benefits and job security in the HR team is great.

Really recommend Medivet

I really enjoy working for MedivetGreat employer and great team of people to work withFair pay and benefitsInteresting, varied jobGood job satisfactionLovely working with the animals

Pros

Great team

Cons

Busy job

Made people redundant and keep employees in the dark

They have been cutting assistant positions in my region. They basically told this person like two weeks before Christmas they were making them redundant and have been super shady regarding if others within that team are keeping their jobs. They is NO discount or actual benefits for people who work there who have animals. Which I have literally never worked in a practice that didn’t give staff discounts. The communication between upper management and staff is abysmal, and the practices themselves are practically run into the ground. My fellow colleague’s are amazing but I don’t feel they are actively supported by the company.

Pros

Great salary, free uniforms

Cons

No discounts for staff, terrible communication

Management are absolutely lovely people.I feel supported and secure as well as valued. The wage is amazing I am doing the same hours as my previous job but earning 500 more a month. 10/10

Pros

Best wage in sector

Cons

Notning

Short staffed, poor pay, poor work life balance

Little to no support from higher management due to all staff being overstretched. Money focused with little respect for work life balance or chronic health conditions. Wouldn’t recommend unless you want to be burnt out

Do not work for medivet!!!

The managers at medivet are 2 faced, there’s no support from the managers or higher. There’s no support from the staff that you work with day in day out. The staff that you work with are very 2 faced, they stab you in the back the minute they know it will benefit themselves. I helped cover shifts, I worked for free an extra 30 minutes every day and it was never appreciated although I was told I needed to work on my time keeping DONT WORK FOR MEDIVET BASINGSTOKE

Shortage of staff, no interest in employing

Been short staffed for a long time now, HO aware but won't do anything. Jobs will be advertised but never goes further than that. Recruitment team genuinely don't care. Feel like HO are manned with people who haven't stepped foot in a practice and have no clue what goes on. Unable to speak to staff higher up as everything gets ignored or passed around. Very clicky atmosphere between nurses/PCAs/reception - just toxic. Expect to work longer hours than contracted, be given time in leiu but good luck getting that back - contracted hours plus voluntary work is more like it. Lack of support for new people due to no staff. HO argue there's a national staff shortage but they fail to acknowledge how they don't property advertise for open positions. Practice soon to have no staff...

***Toxic company to work for ***

The company are a toxic company to work for ! The management is RUBBISH . They do not care about you or your mental health ! They do not care as long as they are making money ! They are NOT COMPASSIONATE! The only thing they do right is pay well ! But that’s probably to cover up the unthinkable and long lasting effects from the service you get as an employee!

Pros

The pay

Cons

Management !

Fun work place although fast paced.

I enjoyed working here but due to covid got released unfortunately. The management were super supportive and helpful. The workplace was great in general. Long hours although you get a good salary.

will avoid in the future

Lack of basic standards. Management and communication non existing. Team were lovely but feel sorry for them with the circumstances they are working under and further more worried about the patient care. Will avoid at all cost. Rate of pay good but not worth working with low standards.

Great place to learn if your willing

I started working for the Medivet hospital in April as a PCA and can honestly say I’m enjoying every day. Yes some days are super busy and stressful but your colleagues will get you through it as it’s like a second family. Everyone is willing to help each other and work as a team. From day one I was learning new things and feel my confidence grows each week. Clients can be rude at times but that happens everywhere as you can’t please everyone and seeing the sick animals who have been in patients all week go home is amazing feeling. Be prepared as a PCA there is lots of cleaning involved and working in veterinary doesn’t mean you work with the animals all the time.

Pros

Learning every day, training for veterinary nursing

Cons

Busy, stressful at times, understaffed

Dont like disabled people

They hardley employ disabled people and even If they do they then make you feel really guilty about being disabled. Dont really take on part time staff the only staff they did take part time on for where the one that went of on maternity. Dont give part time to disabled workers.

Zero management, can't get hold of anyone!

Medivet is the first corporate practice I've worked for, and it seems to be a shambles. There are no contacts for help relating to anything, we are super short staffed which isn't being taken seriously enough, long standing team members are not respected, and HR is non-existent.The turnover of management is so quick, once you find a contact they are gone again.The only good thing is the new nurses wage of 30K. Hence why I'm still working for them!

Long hours, poorly paid, stressful, no discounts on products for staff members, still waiting for a uniform and I started in March. Never met any of the managers, the other branches are lazy and are putting animals at risk. The patients are rude to us on the phone and we get no support from anyone. I have drafted my resignation several times but feel guilty heaping on more work on my lovely team mates.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, stressful.

Great people, terrible pay

Accumulated varied and interesting experience after an extended career break. Had positive interactions with everyone in the company and I never regretted a moment there. However, the wages paid were 50% less than market rate.

Fun place to work

I love working for medivet. I have only been there 5 months and already learned so much, I look forward going in to work each day to see my work colleagues and learn new things

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medivet Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement