Medtronic

Working at Medtronic: 19 Reviews

United Kingdom19 reviews

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,539 reviews

Good benefits but fast pace

Very good company benefits but fast pace working environment. However, progression is slow and there is expectation of replying business messages and calls promptly even when you are on leave/holidays.

Pros

good benefits

Hard Work, but rewarding

Very fast paced with lots of travel and meetings. AMERICAN Owned and culture. Great Salary and benefits. Great Management and Staff, always challenging and updating.

Insights into Medtronic

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Innovative Biotech

A typical day would consist of training, assessment and analysis of various surgical procedures. I've learned interesting and fascinating facts regarding human anatomy and computer vision. Helpful and knowledgeable management, always making time to offer extra support. The work culture it's highly collaborative with a fairly balanced pace. Keeping up with all the brilliant colleagues was probably one of the most challenging part of this job but the joy one gets from helping millions of patients and the satisfying knowledge quest are timeless.

Pros

Amazing team & developing cutting edge biotech

Cons

Understanbly, not too agile (common with most corporations)

Heartless bosses and unhelpful atmosphere

If you have disabilities, avoid this company at all costs. They will give you absolutely no support, make you feel awful about it and then fire you when you’re trying your best. After being hospitalised I came back to a hostile environment. No help was given to come back to work and was expected to do things I had not been trained to do. Unfortunately, weeks later, missed a day due to a stomach flu. Came back still unwell, was told my probation was being extended which was absolutely fine by me. Unfortunately this was only about a week when they changed their mind and ended it. It’s such a shame because despite the flaws I loved the job.

Pros

Good wages

Cons

Bad management, no support for disabled employees

Fast Paced and rewarding

The team managers at Medtronic are extremely supportive and encourage people to strive and develop their skills to the best of their ability.Staff are extremely welcoming and the seniors or staff who are training you will go at your pace and will make sure you are confident with what you have been taught before moving on to the next objective. They are very passionate at keeping the team spirit alive and have regular team lunches which consists of 30 minutes extra lunch and usually out of the premises so it is more laid back than usual. The inbound calls come in thick and fast but there is always someone around to assist you should you come into any difficulty. The best part of the job is ending the day knowing that you have made a massive difference to all areas of the NHS and that your hard work never goes unnoticed.

Pros

Lunch allowance, support by everyone, encouragement and constant personal development opportunities.

Cons

None.

Great company

Fulfilling role in a great company who valued their employees. Continuous training in new products and procedures. Great ethos and inclusion as well as great team spirit.

Fast paced and fun environment

fast paced enviroment learnt supply chain management management culture good most enjoyable part of job was dealing with overseas suppliers and internal customers

Productive and Fun

Good company to work for and is a forward looking company with a number of technological advances in the pipeline. Great working enironment and fun place to work

Very poor

5th rate outfit, happy to let a culture of bullying continue with no intervention, HR a disgrace, probably more fun working at Auschwitz! The worst company I ever worked for.

Pros

Cons

Getting a proper job later on.

Excellent team with good benefits

Territory manager maintaining and developing new sales revenue, with good incentives using gold standard products in a competitive market. Throughout my first sales job, I have learnt what it takes to be successful in a commercial sales job, with my clinical background enabling me to approach customers at a peer level. Workplace culture is one of a family, even though the team is targeted as individuals, there is consistent team approach to problems. This is enabled by an excellent leadership team that allows personal growth and experience as required to progress. With the current media pressure regarding my product range, targets are set for growth in a market that is saturated. Education is key part of allowing my customers to understand and protect my growth, I enjoy the clinical engagement and practical demonstrations involved around that.

Pros

Good company privileges

Cons

Work life balance

line operator

good company to work for good benefits good work culture nice friendly staff and supervisors very hard to get contract very flexible working shifts will always try to accomodate you

Pros

good holidays

Cons

hard to get contract

Productive, professional and fun workplace

A typical day at Medtronic usually will involve me liasing with our customers and staff in the field either via telephone orr email in order to create legal Agreements so we can sponsor medical educational events. The atmosphere is a very professional one, with a lot of people around who are willing to assist you should you need it. An emphasis is placed on accountability and taking responsibility for your cases. That being said, it is also a fun environment too. Management are usually very available, and approachable with any queries. The hardest part of the job can be from the pressure of getting Agreements created and executed within a very small time frame as some events are organised last minute. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing cases you have handled run smoothly and when interacting with field staff, customers and colleagues who appreciate your help.

Pros

lunch allowance, professional atmosphere, friendly and approachable colleagues

Cons

pressure when small time frame to complete tasks

Good place to work, good management. Good conditions and rates of pay. Many happy employees, and long term serving employees. its a good organisation internationally

Great company

Learning a lot about medical devices and patients, you learn a lot about psychology towards customers and how to deal with stress factors, which is important within the job

Good workplace culture

Day to day tasks varied making the job enjoyable. Opportunities to expand your role were given. The philanthropy programme was enjoyable to participate in. The most enjoyable part of the job was being given the opportunity to train the team in the Centre of Excellence in the Netherlands.

Brilliant work place

I really enjoyed working for Medtronic. I learned new experiences, for example I gained experience with computers using excel, word and systems like SAP and JBA.

Making a difference

There is no such thing as a typical day at work as every day is different and brings with it new challenges, however its good to work in an industry where you feel like you can really make a difference.

Plenty of benefits to work for. Lots of opportunities for development.

My typical day at Medtronic involved working with medical devices for spinal surgeries (cleaning, functionality checking, replenishing), communicating with various departments within the company (management, customer services,sales representatives), preparing orders for hospitals, receiving and shipping deliveries. Medtronic offers a lot to learn within medical devices and health industry spectrum as well as general processing standards and health and safety at work place. I would say that my immediate managers were very approachable, supportive and motivating and as I worked within small team of four, relationship with my colleagues was excellent. The most enjoyable part of the work was making sure that everything is at the highest possible standard ready for spinal surgery, knowing that it would improve somebody's life. On contrary, hardest part would be, not being able to provide requested equipment, due to limited supply. In my personal opinion, Medtronic is great company to work for.

Pros

Lunch allowance paid monthly| 25 working days annual leave|

Cons

Two weeks of holiday allowed at the time.

Fun workplace, productive, good environment

A typical day at work would include running reports on systems such as CRM and SAP in the morning to show results of patients in the UK that called our 24 hour help line in USA. I would then contact these patients by phone and if they needed a replacement diabetic insulin pump, I would arrange to get the pump replaced. Throughout the day I would make sure supplies have been sent to the patients, I would arrange call backs for the specialists and I would place orders for loan pumps. I learned a lot about time management and also about handling multiple issues at once. Prioritising tasks was the main thing that I learnt about this role. Working close with co-workers and communicating directly throughout the day made the work day enjoyable. I gained a great relationship with all my colleagues and with my managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medtronic. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement