Medway NHS Foundation Trust

Medway NHS Foundation Trust: 27 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom27 reviews

managementworkworkingtimepeopledepartmentlotjob

Busy and challenging place to work.⁷

The recruitment process is rather tedious because HR are very laid back and you constantly gave to e-mail for start date. The process from job offer to actually being allocated a start date is very slow. This could do with improvements. If one has other options they may take these up because of the sluggish recruitment process.

Pros

Good transport network. Staff development seems like something the Trust invests in

Cons

Few parking spaces on site for all staff.

Nice place to work but underpaid

I spent a year doing band 4 work while on band 3, didn’t get any pay rise but got plenty of promises and excuses.I would have stayed for the job security and great work culture, my colleagues were great and so was my boss (regardless of the above).Unfortunately my wife got pregnant and promises weren’t going to pay the bills so I had to move on for a higher paid job, I still miss working there. Probably the best job I’ll ever have.

Insights into Medway NHS Foundation Trust

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks

Worst place to work in housekeeping

I had work in housekeeping for 6 years it’s full of bullies and management and hr do nothing I left and was best decision I made never work in housekeeping

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

To much management

Fast work environment

If you enjoy fast, varied work then this is for you. Be prepared to get moved from ward to ward at last minute. Lots of quick turn over with patients as demand very high.

Cons

Long hours, getting moved regularly, low pay

Poor management

I really enjoyed his job but I was unfortunate enough to have a poor manager who did not value her staff. She would get quite angry and shout at people a lot. That aside the job was enjoyable and the work was interesting. With a different manager things would’ve been much better sadly I lost this job through redundancy

Fair Work Place

Good place to work, it has fair management. Take being off work for sickness well. It has very good pay rates especially on a weekend. Would recommend to work here :)

Admin

No respect from management, do not follow the policy and procedures only when it suits them, morale is very low in my department, new interim manager that has made changes which was not discussed with staff, waiting to be redeployed within the trust, not through my choice, that’s 15yrs loyalty for you! Would not recommend staff to work at Medway.

Lack of respect for staff

All staff working under horrendous stressed conditions, staff leaving and not being replaced. Management expanding despite vacancies not being advertised, “who you know not what you know”, with no management skills or knowledge to regulations, expected to work in more than one department

Pros

Canters food

Cons

Long hours, management lack of respect for staff

Work experience

Extremely stressful, badly managed, chaotic environment. The issues are listened but not actioned. Staff moral is almost zero with no motivation in place. Everyone is pushed to their limits.

Watch your backs

Clinical workers & services people are fantastic. Problems lie with the people running the NHS. Bullying, no compassion for the Doctors, nurses, porters etc who all work extremely hard

Great team spirit

Current role is very busy, everyone I speak to is willing to assist and all very polite. Great atmosphere to be working in. Typical busy Hospital environment

Good experience

lots to learn, good experience on dealing with with people on a regular basis. learn to be proactive, the staff are quite friendly (though not all the time)

Pros

Atmosphere

Cons

Busy

Applying for a job here = big mistake

Bullying...huge issue. If the bully is a higher grade than you then there is no chance of a fair hearing or any kind of help. if the bully is the same grade the previous comment applies, and if the bully is a lower grade the previous comment also applies. Management....pure joke. Management positions increase whilst all other roles decrease and those left are run in to the ground Advancement...forget it. If you have an illness, even if it comes under the DDA ....forget it, you won't get any help and will be penalised for being Ill. There are over 500 policies/process guides..... but they mean absolutely nothing, purely a tick box exercise for the benefit of the PC brigade. Working at the hospital was the worst decision I ever made.

Pros

None.

Cons

See review. And have a chat with someone that works at the hospital.

Workplace

No chance of progression regardless of how hard you work, lack of support from management, no cover when you take time off, huge backlog of workloads, insufficient staff numbers...

Don’t do it

Bullies, bullying managers. Poor support. Terrible working conditions. Poor pay for what is expected. Trying to get rid of all of their staff. Run far run fast

Pros

Colleagues are kind and become your friends quickly

Cons

Ridiculously busy. Bad service for patients.

Such a busy hospital, putting staff under amazing stress. Some departments are very under staffed, and waiting times for some patients are unacceptable. Also in the hot weather some places in the hospital were unbearable to work in. Air conditioning desperately needed. Unfortunately not a pleasant place to be. Overall the Trust needs vast amounts of improvement.

Pros

Lovely food in the canteen. Really well organised volunteer section.

Cons

Too many to list

Staffing and safety

Colleague are great people, but we all work under a great deal of pressure. Don’t feel that I am informed about new details, when needed and not kept up to date with things changing. Colleagues are so supportive

Pros

The patients

Cons

Not being informed regularly

Medway NHS Foundation Trust

I believe the NHS provides a significant amount of security for any staff member who joins and this is what drew me to the job and the NHS. There is plenty of training available within the NHS which allows you to develop any new skills that you are interested in for the future or for your current job role. I have been working 12 hour shifts at a time which means I only complete 3 to 4 shifts a week allowing more family time on my days off. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with because the majority of staff are very friendly and very supportive within the workplace. The hardest part of the job is when you are the only member of staff with that job role in the department due to the fact there are other staff member relying on you for the jobs and it can get very very busy and overwhelming.

Great Learning Experience

Given me plenty of opportunities to learn and progress however not a secure place to work. A day at work is very busy and productive, the atmosphere can sometimes be hectic

Pros

Pension

Cons

Job security

Challenging at times but a great place to work

I have worked for the trust for 18 years and feel that it is time to move on. The Trust has been struggling over the past few years and I feel that this is having a negative effect on the remaining staff.

Pros

Great home / life work balance

Cons

Little support from management

Hard working collegues

Everyone works hard to give best patient care. You can have 6 requests within the working month. Good varity of extra courses run to advance knowledge and skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medway NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Medway NHS Foundation Trust with

Medway NHS Foundation Trust reviews by location

Learn about Medway NHS Foundation Trust in popular locations

• Medway NHS Foundation Trust
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?