Melissa & Doug

Melissa & Doug Employee Reviews

no thank you! worked in sales for 2 years and it was a total waste of time. only good thing about it was the co-workers. some of the best people ever.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
you name it, it's on this list
Lies and manipulation are at the forefront of this organization. You are treated like dirt, and when they no longer have any use for you, you will be spit on, and kicked to the curb like a piece of garbage. There is no heart here.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Working till you're exhausted, Not enough sick days, No 401K match
This was the worst job I ever had, terrible management terrible owners, horrible work conditions. Micro management like you are a child. Psycho owners
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Everything else
Amazing toys for kids. Very nice image and presentation of what we stand for to the general public. However, it is a shame management has poor management skills with no prior managerial acumen before coming here. There is a new regime that I hope and pray will turn things around. Miracles can happen!
Pros
Great product! I am working from home during pandemic.
Cons
We are great at finding good people to work here but are horrible at keeping them.
Good place to work and good coworkers.Stating working there you just find out people just like you. People moving on living there life’s helping each other’s out.
The work was excellent team work it was always on track work never got out of hand or mislead its a great job to start a warehouse job for experience.
No matter how much you work and give your all they will never hire you on you will always be a temporary worker. One thing i got out from working there is learning how to drive a forklift.
They create a comfortable environment in which there are ample opportunities for growth. Management is fair and very helpful. Communication is efficient.
Easy job if youre not trying too much labor work. Pay rate isnt good but it's good enough for what you do there. They Do not overwork you. Breaks were weird. First break was after the first hour and lunch was 3 hours before starting.
I would clock in at 7 am & start collecting any extra boxes from the past shifts. Then I’d start my shift from there. From working at Melissa & Doug I can say I’ve came across a handful of nice & genuine individuals.
Warehouse conditions were ok! Free beverages, fast pace environment. The management was a little off but overall it was a easy job! Unpaid 30 min lunch. Close to freeway for commutes
Expecations are very high in every facet of the business. You will be hired for 1 role, and wind up working in multiple roles. FANTASTIC people work here, but the enviroment is chaotic, and why shouldnt it be? It's a toy company.
Pros
Base pay is set above average.
Cons
It is very difficult to advance, no matter the level of effort you put in.
This is a perfect place for creative and hard-working individuals who find comfort in routine and consistency. Co-workers are friendly and management is supportive and professional. Grateful for the time spent at Melissa and Doug.
The employees, especially the long term ones, are wonderful. It's a tight-knit group of wonderful people. Private equity firm took control in the last year or so and they have brought in high level managers who have made disastrous decisions that have forced several long term and highly capable people to leave. I am afraid the next couple of years will be very turbulent.
Pros
Great people, great products for children
Cons
new management has changed the culture in a profoundly negative way
My view at Melissa and dough wearhouse was very good . The people respect there’s and everyone’s else’s stuff , had no trouble with anyone . The work environment was good kinda cold ,also had to pack the toys n lable
Pros
I like that no one touched my stuff
Cons
I didn’t like that it was crowded
Okay to work, easy job. Great management but poor pay. Employee have lots of drama working or getting along with others. Employees not taking job serious
Everything is nice and cool but wont work with college students and their class schedule. Receiving is not paid fairly feels like things are more expected from receiving then any other department and you over work yourself for little pay feel like you should get paid 15 or more in receiving due to unloading carrying heavy products and and shrink wrapping pellets manually....
aún me encuentro trabajando con ellos son seres muy completos buena union exelente trabajo, exelente organización exelente trato a los empleados siempre toman en opinión empleado
Stressful day with very little appreciation for work done. Very long hours per day and a half hour lunch break is not enough time to go out and enjoy a lunch.
Buen ambiente laboral pero el trabajo era por agencia de empleos sin seguro médico privado, y el salario era mínimo.
Pros
Buen ambiente laboral, trabajo en equipo
Cons
Salario
A standard work day at Melissa and Doug was 10 hours with a half hour lunch. All activities of the sales team were closely monitored and review sheets handed out daily.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Micro-management
  1. Employee reviews