Mental Health Concern

Mental Health Concern Employee Reviews

Mental Health concern provide care to people with dementia, in my nearly 10 year in this company I have grown and gained many skills The role is very rewarding
I work on the Corporate side of Mental Health Concern. I love this job because of the culture! Everyone is so friendly and always willing to help. We have access to online pilates lessons, a weekly virtual lunch so everyone can stay in touch whilst working from home due to covid19, we are able to personalise our desks in the office with plants and photoframes (within reason of course) so it is an enjoyable atmosphere to work in, we used to have weekly "Walking Wednesdays" (until Covid19 meant people were working from home) and also we have access to 24/7 free confidential support which includes mental health sessions. The work I do is busy, but it is very rewarding and you never feel bored. I can honestly say I am so happy in my role, I would definitely recommend. The organisation really values the employees, and have recently done a large Pay Award for all staff.
Pros
Great culture and you never feel bored
Cons
None that I can think of
Without doubt THE most appalling place I have ever worked. Staff are given no progression opportunities and it is clear the management have received no appropriate management training whatsoever. Serious well-being issues are overlooked and management spend more time covering their own backs rather than attempting to adhere to legislation. For a company that allegedly offers mental health support there is zero consideration for the mental and physical well-being of staff. To add insult to injury the salary amounts are a disgrace. The company expects 150% commitment, 150% loyalty etc for zero in return. Should you wish to pursue a career with an organisation which offers decent career progression in a supportive environment I would suggest you look elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
Do not put yourself through the heartbreak of working here, the staff are lovely but the management are disgusting Vile sole destroying bullying vultures who don’t care about their staff one bit as long as it looks good on paper. No support, no help and constantly expect more and more for less and less. The pay is disgraceful for the stress and abuse you have to go through on a daily basis and constantly short staffed. Avoid like the plague.
The staff are lovely and they go above and beyond for the residents, the managers on on the other hand, are nothing but bullies. They will trick you during the interview and make bunch of promises, when you start you will literally regret it!! You feel harassed!! On your days off they are constantly ring you and make you feel guilty for saying No. No JOB is worth your mental health!! AVOID!!! It’s a horrible place to work. They call themselves Mental health concern, but your mental health is not important to them. You are just a number to them. I wish someone warned me.
This company is incredibly flexible and offers a great work life balance, they don’t just look after their clients they look after their staff too! Would recommend them highly.
Pros
Flexible Working
I was promised nhs ratea and enhancements and support, which i have not recieved none. Over worked under paid manic place to work . Longer servining staff make u feel left out and do not practise safe moving and handling techniques , i was disgusted the way th ragged the residents around when doing personal care . I could no longer witness or be a part of this unit and was tempted to report to the cqc and highly disgusted . The shift patterns also made me leave 6 days before a day off , then u were hassled or forced to work them at times
Pros
Cons
Just working there full stop
Caring for both personal and professional growth offering emotional debriefs due to the significant demands of the role. A valuable employer and place to work.
Pros
childcare vouchers, bike to work
assisting residents with all personal aspects of care ( shaving, washing, hairdressing, bathing, toilet) moving and handling residents from chairs to wheelchairs, beds to commodes. assisting in food preparation and feeding individual domestic cleaning of bedrooms and public areas laundry rotation tea trolly care plan reviews stock replenishment I learned how to communicate promptly and effectively to co workers. working and achieving on my own helped to build upon my confidence I thoroughly enjoyed this job as I love the elderly so being able to hear them talk about their lives fascinated me. hardest part is seeing the family visit and show pain for a person they have emotional lost