Mental Health Concern

Mental Health Concern Culture reviews

Clear

Organisation needs an overhaul.

Worked there for a number of years. The clinical leads within the unit were very sipportive but were very overworked and unsupported themselves. Very bizarre senior management culture. Passive aggressive in approach and very micro managed. High stress levels of staff and they feel undervalued. Changes need to be made within the organisation in order to even recruit staff. Sadly the they now have a poor reputation.

Pros

Shift patterns

Cons

Pressure to do additional shifts. Non managerial staff are supportive.

First time I've truly enjoyed what I do.

I joined around 3 months ago and I can honestly say I do love my job.- I work in a fantastic team, who are fully supportive.- Employees genuinely care and want to help those accessing services- The organisation has purpose and I love their values.- Exec Team genuinely want to hear views & opinions from employeesThe organisation as a whole is brilliant, there is no blame culture here, colleagues are genuinely nice and it's employees want to, and have the opportunity to really make a difference.They also offer Agile Working, shopping discounts, good pension scheme, family friendly policies, refer a friend scheme, learning & development and career progression.I would fully recommend working at Mental Health Concern.

Pros

Supportive organisation, genuinely care, good benefits & career progression opportunities

Mental Health organisation that doesn’t care about employee mental health

I was placed in an office on my own on the opposite side of the building to everyone else. I asked if they could find a place for me with others and was told there wasn’t any room.My only contact with colleagues was if I made an excuse to go and talk to them. It was incredibly isolating and lonely. My mental health declined due to this and having some issues at home. I saw my line manager maybe once a fortnight and explained I was having some issues, including feeling isolated and also that I felt I was being a nuisance when checking in with him. This manager - now very high up in the hierarchy - told me that I wasn’t important and said that I contacted him too often. The impact this had on me was massive and there was just no regard for mental health wellbeing.The work itself was rewarding - the care and attention in the homes is very good - but I would never recommend working for a mental health charity who make their staff feel so unimportant and undervalued.

Pros

Salary competitive

Cons

No mental health support

Great Culture

I work on the Corporate side of Mental Health Concern. I love this job because of the culture! Everyone is so friendly and always willing to help. We have access to online pilates lessons, a weekly virtual lunch so everyone can stay in touch whilst working from home due to covid19, we are able to personalise our desks in the office with plants and photoframes (within reason of course) so it is an enjoyable atmosphere to work in, we used to have weekly "Walking Wednesdays" (until Covid19 meant people were working from home) and also we have access to 24/7 free confidential support which includes mental health sessions. The work I do is busy, but it is very rewarding and you never feel bored. I can honestly say I am so happy in my role, I would definitely recommend. The organisation really values the employees, and have recently done a large Pay Award for all staff.

Pros

Great culture and you never feel bored

Cons

None that I can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mental Health Concern. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8