Mental Health Concern

Mental Health Concern Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
2.6Pay & benefits

Mental Health organisation that doesn’t care about employee mental health

I was placed in an office on my own on the opposite side of the building to everyone else. I asked if they could find a place for me with others and was told there wasn’t any room.My only contact with colleagues was if I made an excuse to go and talk to them. It was incredibly isolating and lonely. My mental health declined due to this and having some issues at home. I saw my line manager maybe once a fortnight and explained I was having some issues, including feeling isolated and also that I felt I was being a nuisance when checking in with him. This manager - now very high up in the hierarchy - told me that I wasn’t important and said that I contacted him too often. The impact this had on me was massive and there was just no regard for mental health wellbeing.The work itself was rewarding - the care and attention in the homes is very good - but I would never recommend working for a mental health charity who make their staff feel so unimportant and undervalued.

Pros

Salary competitive

Cons

No mental health support

First time I've truly enjoyed what I do.

I joined around 3 months ago and I can honestly say I do love my job.- I work in a fantastic team, who are fully supportive.- Employees genuinely care and want to help those accessing services- The organisation has purpose and I love their values.- Exec Team genuinely want to hear views & opinions from employeesThe organisation as a whole is brilliant, there is no blame culture here, colleagues are genuinely nice and it's employees want to, and have the opportunity to really make a difference.They also offer Agile Working, shopping discounts, good pension scheme, family friendly policies, refer a friend scheme, learning & development and career progression.I would fully recommend working at Mental Health Concern.

Pros

Supportive organisation, genuinely care, good benefits & career progression opportunities

Negative atmosphere

Everyone frightened of management, they were feared but were really nice to your face. Stupid rules, nurses on power trips, very clicky as in being in the gang or not.

Pros

Free coffee, good pay

Cons

Rotas short, night shift

A disgrace from start to finish

Without doubt THE most appalling place I have ever worked. Staff are given no progression opportunities and it is clear the management have received no appropriate management training whatsoever. Serious well-being issues are overlooked and management spend more time covering their own backs rather than attempting to adhere to legislation. For a company that allegedly offers mental health support there is zero consideration for the mental and physical well-being of staff. To add insult to injury the salary amounts are a disgrace. The company expects 150% commitment, 150% loyalty etc for zero in return. Should you wish to pursue a career with an organisation which offers decent career progression in a supportive environment I would suggest you look elsewhere.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mental Health Concern. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

2.5Job security/advancement
  • Mental Health Concern
  • Pay & benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?