Mental Health Matters

Mental Health Matters Employee Reviews

Temporary, part time job, covering maternity leave. Job was relatively straight-forward and enjoyable, providing a worthwhile service. Colleagues helpful, supportive as was Line Manager. Salary poor and working conditions could be better.
At first things were ok, but people started to leave the organisation in droves, giving me doubts. Pretty soon after, I was left with no doubt ...a totally clueless, amateur team.
I have worked for this company on and off for 10 years, i was a casual worker, then went abroad for a few years, on return i started as a casual as i had full time emplotment at that time, I now work full time for MHM and thouroughly enjoy the diversity of my workload,
Very poor. I wouldn't even give it 1 star to be honest. Very poorly run. Badly managed. No laws or regulations followed. Don't care about their staff. No clue of any Health & Safety laws. NHS should fund a company who know what they are doing. some staff lack experience.
Pros
Cons
long hours intop the night with no thanks or support from management
the organisation has a lot of great people employed and a lot of really good sounding services but it is let down by chaotic management styles and sometimes outright neglect of services
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
no supervision
Flexible working arrangements. Relaxed atmosphere. Managers that care about their staff. Getting to learn new ways and approaches. Feeling listened to.
Pros
Caring managers
Staff and clients are great but managers continue to undermine staff to cover their own mistakes. Asked to speak up but then get blamed for doing so..
Pros
Staff and clients
Cons
Staff get blamed for everything
Great organisation - Fortunate to be working within such a fab team, with supportive, empowering management. Over a year and still loving the opportunities and challenges the position brings. I also enjoy the flexibility which comes with outreach working, plus the chance for some community involvement. Thumbs up! One happy employee😁
Pros
Awesome team, supportive management, career development opportunities
Overbearing management, unethical innthecwaybtheyvtrewtvstaff especially as they are NentalnHealth. Inexperienced unprofessional Senior Employment Advisers! team Leaders. The idea of the job and purpose behind contract good. Shamecthe Locality Manager didn’t understand the contract in the beginning. Job title changed whilst in contract..
Pros
Good to help people with Mental Health
Cons
Port management
A very busy fast paced place of work. One day never like another. Lots of change going on constantly. My personal growth within this organisation has been very noticeable and enjoyable. Superb colleagues all very friendly and welcoming. Hardworking approachable management team. The hardest part of the job is dealing with distressed clients. However I always enjoy helping clients on the phone who are very anxious and feeling unsure or embarrassed about accessing a mental health service, I find this highly rewarding. The monthly Team Meeting is always well attended thus ensuring the service moves forward and continually keeps up with the demands on the service,
Pros
Close to town centre shops and some free parking
Cons
Late night working Monday - Thursdays till 8pm
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mental Health Matters?
A typical day would include opening up the office, taking and forwarding messages, forwarding calls, meeting and greeting clients, filing and sending out appointment letters. The management were supportive in regards to personal issues and work life balance. Co workers were also supportive and nice to work with. This was a nice little part time job and was not difficult at any time. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and greeting visitors.
Employment Coach roles are needed with the economical deprivation, however its a struggle to find a position like this that is permanent
Pros
Good wage, flexible hours
Cons
Poor management, no guarentee of keeping your job, no securtiy
MHM has to be one of the best employers I have worked for. Management are very supportive not only from a work perspective but also go above and beyond to help with career growth and personal circumstances.
Pros
excellent training package, supportive service, time in leue available and challenging career environment.
Cons
Majority of training is carried out in sunderland