Menzies Aviation
Happiness score is 56 out of 100

Menzies Aviation Employee Reviews

Featured review
Menzies Aviation selected this as a representative review
Worked 3 years for the company. Every day came with new challenges, every day learning something new. A good salary, nice people, good working environment
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Early working hours
The worst company in aviation history. You do work more than you get paid for. Stressful hours and terrible culture. Management was the worst part of all. They never appreciate agents but as soon as one small mistake occur, they start giving verbal or written warning. I was treated unfairly at this company. I wouldn’t recommend for anyone.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Zero benefits, zero growth, treated unfairly, pay is low
terrible experience & not recommended! poor management. terrible staff areas. depressing. rough.awful interview questions where you have to mentally add figures in your head without a calculator!!!!!!
Interesting place to work, some thing new every day learning on your feetmade to feel welcome which is important, A good variation of job to be carried out each day,
Pros
A good wage
Cons
Shift work
A typical day at work starts at 5am and the first flight usually leave for 5.30. I have to ensure that I get my paper work ready and meet the gate staff and get information of passenger boarding the plane, likewise giving the loaders instructions and information.
Having worked in Aviation For over 20 years Menzies are easily the WORST ever to them Your just a number all management are selfish and will not help you out if you need anything the company as a whole are very secretive about major things like jobs and salary cuts keep it all hush hush 000’s made redundant already due to covid bit all from the bottom no managers affected all covered by furlough so we were told jobs safe until at least may 2021 1 week after Xmas they announce more redundancies for March April and may!! Bit all the big wigs will yet again be ok amd keep there jobs....
Pros
None!
Cons
Poorly run and organised
i am still working there i enjoy my workplace and love my job.. only thing of me making a move is there is no job security in the airline industry. very flexible with staff
The higher management had no idea what was going on , on the ramp. The equipment you used was in very poor condition considering you are working around million pound aircraft. In the summer you went from one job to another never seeing the crew room for a drink of water.
Pros
You got to work with some great people
Cons
Your not appreciated
If the color of your skin. You can be better then the others but if your not friends with management your treated like rubbish. All manage ment stick together all supervisors have there favorite even if they cant do the job properly.
Pros
Cons
Long hours not enough breaks.
Probably the worst company I have ever worked for. The management treat you like dogs the pay isn’t worth the polymer used to print the money. They pull you in with false promises that they have no intention of keeping to. Again avoid at all costs I wouldn’t recommend menzies aviation to my worst enemy
Pros
Cons
Yes it is
Hard working very alert staff. As there were current cases of violence involving terrorism, this made the training even more in depth. I was working on the runways and luggage was told there was a big turnover for these positions. The first thing I noticed was flexibility in shift patterns you could work which was a huge plus.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long shifts
Enjoyed my time at Menzies, the work wasn’t too difficult, people there are friendly. And overall the pay for me was perfect as well as the 4 on 4 off shift pattern.
Pros
Great pay, great hours
Cons
Sometimes tiring
I loved my time working for Menzies Aviation.I learned so much and enjoyed every minute. Could be very stressful at times and fast paced. A lot of walking Had a great group of colleagues aswell
Pros
Working with a great group of people
Cons
For the responsibility wages weren’t in line
We was take over by this company in January 2019 and it has to be the worst company i have worked for, the management are clueless and their attitude towards the staff underneath them is wrong and it is their way or no way. The wages are incorrect every month and the holidays are incorrect everyone is always chasing up their wages and holidays. They're losing contracts which in turn provides no job security. It's a chaotic place and they blame all the above that it is a PLC company.Do not work for this company!
Pros
Cons
stressful
Worked for Menzies just over a year after the take over from airline service I have not had a good experience at all. The management clueless lost all contracts. Don’t like emailing staff back. A company that just takes takes takes , wages are not good enough for the work you do . Just over all poor management . Staff are great made some great friends from airline services
Pros
Staff are great
Cons
Not a good working environment due to management
During my tenure at this station. I had a lot of frustrationsnwith the management at the time who absolutely ruined the company them moved on, living the company with a bad reputation that they are still paying for to this day. Had the managers they have now been there then, it would have been a really great and fun company. Overall, I miss it and wish them all the best.
Pros
Lasting relationships
Cons
Corrupt and bad management in places
They treat people as objects. It's a shame cause the job is a nice one, interesting and fun at the same time. It's all based on "friendship"..if the DMs, the GateCos and the Line Managers like you, you may be ok but other than that, if you just go to do your job and not to compliment their clothes or their nails or whatever, you are never gonna get your annual leave approved, the best shifts or even a break.Apart from that management change continuosly, once they hired a bully, then they replaced her with a stalker, than they had to deal with another bully. So I guess to be a manager at Menzies you cannot be a good person. We went through redundancy process this year, they kept all the "friends". Shift changes done after friends requesting to be off for a night out. Everything is completely rotten. I would not advice working for Menzies, maybe just if your aspiration is to be a brown nosed.
Pros
Nice job
Cons
Unbelievably horrible management, unsocial hours, brown nosing is the only way to keep the job
It's not even a place to get your feet wet. Think of Menzies as an overrated temp agency with decent PR. Management is garbage, supervisors are trash and the pay rate is manure. Mandatory Union deduction before your 90 days and none of that money works in your favor. Why...? Yep, you guessed it, Union rep is in pocket.I started in Feb, C-19 hit in April, by the beginning of May I was laid off with no pay other than the time that went in prior to getting laid off. It's at this point the Union is supposed to step in with the guaranteed stimulus based on the Union deductions....; I received no-thing!To add more insult to injury, just received a regret email, or as they wrote it, "WARN notice of permanent layoff," stating that, "Menzies Aviation will no longer be providing ground handling services at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport MSY. This is effective 11:59PM on November 23, 2020 and all ITP Fueling, GSE, Ramp and Passenger Service positions will be eliminated and employment separated on this date." These people, and the smell of this company is so sour, they don't even do follow ups to find out if you quit on them and got another job. Un-effin-believable!My best advise to anyone is familiarize yourself with the Menzies logo so when you see a job posting for this BS brand, you'll know to keep scrolling.... #staywoke
Pros
None to my knowledge.
Cons
Pick one.
The company took over a company I was working at and it turned into a bombshell. Understaffed and didn’t get help until we no longer needed it. Only positive really is the fact there are always hours and overtime available but it’s not really worth just feeling like a number. They brag about having such a big number of employees but that’s all we are numbers. Part time staff were also treated differently to full time staff as breaks were rarely given
Pros
Pay
Cons
No sick pay
Job is great, variation in airlines.Staff mix both front and back of house, socialise together etcUnless your one of the senior managers pets theres no progression. The better you are at your job the worse you are treated, lazy people are rewarded.
Pros
Co workers are the best
Cons
Senior Managers always want to penalise you
I did enjoy my workplace. We all got along so easily, it made it fun to go to everyday. Everyday you meet different passengers from all backgrounds.
  1. Employee reviews