Mercedes-Benz Group
Happiness score is 62 out of 100

Mercedes-Benz Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom523 reviews

Found 523 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,061 reviews

Great workplace to work for good benefit

Pay was good so was the perks company cars it is a stressful job due to targets but if you enjoy a task it will be the ideal job for you.Hours long good pay

Gained a lot of experience

Great company and the benefits were excellent. The people I worked with were very clever and helpful. I learned many things very quickly and I liked the work environment.

Pros

Chances for advancement, gain skills

Cons

N/a

Could have great potential

Good place to work, students really well behaved and willing to learn. Good facilities and training equipment and software. No direction or support from anyone, no training giving and no progression. Team work doesn't exist

Pros

Free lunch, laid back, you manage what you do!

Cons

Long hours, boring, soul destroying, management non existent

Good company great benefits

Good company. Always changes to bonus structure but brilliant company to work for and can change jobs internally if you want too as sytner is a large group

Pros

N/a

Cons

Not much room for career progression

The team was great but the work was fairly monotonous

The work was pretty repetitive and the targets were high and sometimes felt unachievable. The management were good. Overall fairly good place to work.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Shift work

Rubbish

Don’t go there wouldn’t entertain them to anyone mangers are so far up there backsides there all grasses and some of the staff love themselves because they have a Mercedes Benz uniform on

Pros

There isn’t any in this job unless you love kissing the bosses backsides

Cons

Not even worth the air I’m breathing

If you work hard you will be rewarded with benefits

Fast paced, some manager need more training in how to deal with certain situations .Sales manager need to concentrate more on helping team than been critical , also the need to be more pro active with the customers

Pros

Good pay, some great staff

Cons

Long hours, pressure poor management at times

Very quiet garage

Getting leads if your one of the managers favourites if you are quiet and don’t kiss up you get none. Terrible management who think they know best always. Excessive unnecessary paperwork. The particular place I worked at had extremely creepy staff wasn’t pleasant there, getting disgusting remarks and rude comments daily. Also only 22 days holiday

Pros

Good salary, weekends off, good hours

Cons

Creepy management, not much business, lots of paperwork for sales, only 22 days holiday

A good enough employer, but lacks behind competitors

If you're from outside of automotive, the benefits might seem fantastic. At a management level, you do get a mostly free of charge car, however, the choice has been really limited for years. If you have a family, you will struggle to get a family car. Great if your 20 and want a C Class convertible, less so good if you have a family of 5 and dogs and need an estate.Salary is okay if joining. But once in and you get promoted, salary is beyond poor and doesn't encourage progression sadly.Systems and processes are poor, but keeps me employed at least trying to keep the lights on.Always loose employees to competitors and never recruit from them, says enough IMO. Thankful for my time there, but happy to be leaving onto pastures new. It's a shame as the company make some good products, if more competitive on remuneration the best employees would stay, instead you left with the average, which best describes Mercedes.

Pros

Car scheme (if you can get something you want) and job security

Cons

Pension is woeful, mismatch of strategy between Germany and UK, pay poor for internal movers

Not a good place to work bad management

This is not a good place to work awful place bad management I would never recommend anyone to work here as the customer service given is really bad staff are unprofessional as inexperienced.

Productive and everyone knows their position within company

Working for a long established Group with a fantastic history of expansion and progression -no age discrimination.Work environments are great with many franchise dealerships, all of which are spotless, safe and a pleasant place to be. The Group looked after its employees very well during the pandemic and committed to support people throughout the period and thereafter.Longterm sickness procedures in place.

Pros

Long establised, job security, pay & benefits.

Awful

Worst job I’ve ever had, management are rude and think they’re a gift from the heavens. Talk down to you and think they’re untouchable. All the mechanics I worked with were absolutely amazing and I loved being with them. But management is absolutely woeful and reception people thinking they’re the manager is hilarious. Sort your management out :)

Pros

Cons

Everything you can think of

Fun but fast pace to work

No review to give have not long start with them, but it is a ok place to work. Some day you will have alot of car to wash and some days you will have very little car to wash.

Pros

Some day not a lot to do

Cons

Arnold Clark will drain your soul

Great bunch of people to work with but everyone under immense pressure. The customer is not put first despite the advertising claims. You are expected to work your fingers to the bone.

Cons

Long Hours

if your face fits in a clicky atmosphere with false promises

shambles the promise of glitter and gold soon turned to dustclicky management/ office staff no trainingno uniformmanagement don't care about callout hours worked, no help and assistance/ support givengiven extra tasks when wasn't signed up for, with no training, etc. I was happy to do but it was expected with no extraspromise of decent call out rate ended up being just paid at overtime rateif your face fits, I was one of many that left with the same thoughts of false promise, worst job from different departmentsmanagement look at so called online training program, say nothing about it until they bank it up and hit you with it in office.callout claims submitted not paid and were never paid was told how much revenue i brought in to the company a month and that was it, no thankyou, assistance, pay as job offer promised. paid as much as others. the talk was an insult

Pros

Cons

pay, job insecurity. false promises, work colleagues/ office staff

Good staff, not the best wages

Nice enough management, not very flexible hours.Poor product training.Salary not as competitive as other garages in the same area.Take it or leave it attitude.

Pros

Security

Cons

Poor training, long hours.

So glad I had the opportunity to join this company. I have been given opportunities to expand my skills both, through work and further training. I would recommend for anyone to consider this company when looking for employment.

Pros

Great team

Cons

I have none

Awful place

Avoid this place at all costs. You would not be looked after. They internally promote that you matter always but they are only interested in how much money they make at your expense. They can change your bonus structure so you can't earn what was originally offered to you, you work all the hours God's sends but you are no better thought of. Work life balance is awful.

Pros

New sites

Cons

Long hours, poorly paid, poorly treated

Stay clear

Real issue in car industry is the amount of hours they expect everyone to do per week which is around 60 hours. Now I understand if busy but some weeks expect to see not one customer with 6 sales people looking at each other. Then the great idea to move some cars about ! Managers are clueless so overall avoid !!

Great potential, poor management

Shame to say but a place which has every potential (fabulous workshops, training aids, equipment and some exceptional trainers) to be industry leading, defining standards in fact is so badly managed that Ofsted is into it big time now. Management is awful- dictatorship instead of teamwork, no consideration for employee opinions or ideas. Whole academy is managed on the spreadsheet (XXI-st century!!) and hand written tracker upon tracker, upon tracker... and tracker of the trackers :-). Some very good and experienced trainers.

Pros

Well equipped workshops, Some really good trainers

Cons

Management- you are treated like a mushroom- kept in the dark and fed...

Professional

When I was there we had a great bunch of people who all worked together in a professional manner, delivering excellent customer service from start to finish

Pros

Parking on site

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercedes-Benz Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement