Mercedes-Benz South West (City West Country Ltd)

Mercedes-Benz South West (City West Country Ltd) Employee Reviews

Fast moving and fun

A busy environment but always being pushed to do your best so there's a fulfilling sense of achievement when finishing tasks. Mostly friendly people and nice overall business to work for.

Productive, great workplace

the typical day is full of things to do, training was fast paced and easy to get to grips with, all staff are lovely and the management is great. it is a professional atmosphere but light and enjoyable.

Pros

many company benefits

great place to work

Mercedes Benz is a great place to work, the company really looks after its staff and thorough training is given. From day one I was made to feel a part of the family, my managers and team members have regular catch ups with me and ensure that I am understand my daily tasks. I enjoy the diversity of the job- no two days are the same! My role has also allowed me to speak with and get to know so many people in the company and I have already been involved in several group training exercises which is also a great way to get to know my colleagues.

Pros

hands on training-test drives, reasonable hours and work loads

Cons

N/a

Fantastic place to work, with so much opportunity to grow!

Mercedes-Benz South West is an amazing place to work. The company really cares about its staff and wants to develop people to be the best they can. You are always met by a smile and everyone is so welcoming - it is a joy to come into work!

Technician - Mercedes van centre Exeter Hill Barton

Great variety of work let down my management. Workshop Managers way of doing things and that's it. No people skills at all shame really could of been a good place to work and nice people to work with in the garage. Get promised bonuses that are unrealistic and honestly one of the worst place's ever worked

Pros

Tea and coffee provided

Cons

To Many to list

Micro management

Trying to re-invent the wheel by taking on youngsters who don’t know how to talk to customers but can follow rules and obey. Micro managed to within an inch of your life and cold calling customers is the norm. Staff turnover in the sales department is high due to poor management right up to director level.

Pros

Fantastic brand

Cons

Long hours, very stressful

Not well organised people

Unfortunately, my opinion about the job will not be positive. Very poor management, too many empty promises, very poor money are just a few reasons not to work there. I spent too much time there, fortunately I saw in time how much I was exploited. No training, no professionalism. I do not recommend.

Pros

Workshop team great

Cons

No basic tools, no parts, always waiting for tools or parts.

Never been so happy in sales role

A great company to work for, kind and friendly faces made sure I felt at home from the 1st day. I've been given plenty of time to get myself sorted and settled in, everything I have needed or asked for has been provided to ensure I can be affective in my role with no pressure.

Pros

Great opportunity in a new role, Nice cars & Vans

Cons

No wi-fi access for personal devices

Excellent Training, Great People, Forward Thinking Company

It's a great company to work for. Management work collaboratively and give clear direction on business goals and strive to deliver the best customer service in the market. The brand is fun and exciting to work for and the company is forward thinking. The people are down to earth, friendly, knowledgeable and always helpful. The company training is one of the best I have had in my career. They take the time to help develop their staff to their full potential. I'd say the hardest part of the job is keeping up with changes in the wider market (keeping ahead of the game in Covid 19 challenging times), but the company seem to adapt well and look after it's people. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make a real difference and impact to customer experiences and the business as well as working with passionate people.

Pros

Working with Mercedes-Benz Cars, Great People & a Forward Thinking Company.

Cons

Short Lunch Breaks. No Onsite Parking

An exciting, fun place to work with great opportunities to develop

Mercedes-Benz South West is a fantastic company which holds evidently strong core values.The company is passionate about their employees and continues to push the growth and development of all individuals.Teams within the company are very helpful and approachable which allows you to feel apart of the team instantly.

Micro management at its finest!

Despite exceeding all targets and offering customers exceptional service this was never enough! Demanded more and more, integrated weekends when originally was Monday to Friday. Despite success no career progression. Never showed genuine care to staff members and would always try and find fault in anything you could do. The management team are awful and will Chuck you under the bus to save their reputation using “blame game” mentality!Loved the brand and everything it represents, didn’t love the way I was treated despite being honest and nice in everything I did. Glad I left!

Pros

Company car

Terrible palce to work

Awful management structure, trying to re invent sales which does not work. Frustratingly lack of motivation, they use every part of the business as a stick not as training as they suggest. Micro Management at its worst..

Pros

Monthly free lunch

Cons

Long hours with terrible leadership

Great company with great values

Mercedes-Benz South West has a great culture to work within, it is great to be able to work for a prestigious brand which has such strong family values. The company values both their employees and customers and prides themselves on offering the best customer service possible.

All you would expect

Usual dealership dealings! Typical mercedes quality and expectations! Driven by profit and sales, often at the expense of service or final outcome. What a quality brand though!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercedes-Benz South West (City West Country Ltd). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement

Mercedes-Benz South West (City West Country Ltd) Reviews by Location

• Mercedes-Benz South West (City West Country Ltd)
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?