Mercedes-Benz
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Mercedes-Benz Employee Reviews

Great company to work for depending on your role depends on your pay grade . The work can be fast paced if your a valetor or service washer . But not difficult.
Pros
Contracted hours overtime paid at overtime rate .
Cons
I work in the sales department (not a salesman) and the whole team is absolutely fantastic. The environment is such a good one to be around and involved in. Management is brilliant and are always there for a chat or a catch up. They’re really involved in your role and want to help you. Can be stressful at times but every job can be.
Pros
Team, leadership, company, pay ... the list goes on
Cons
Working hours (as per motor trade)
I enjoy working for Mercedes-Benz, I love the job and the people. There is never one day the same as another, every day has its challenges.Before I started I didn’t realise how popular the brand was. The branch I work at sits just off the M6 and has the busiest showroom I have ever worked in.
Pros
Staff car scheme
Cons
10 hour shifts
Far too busy, it’s all about money and productivity. Putting technicians under too much stress to get the cars in and out. Too quick to criticise and never praise.
Pros
You can say you work for Mercedes Benz
Cons
You work for Mercedes Benz
manager was inexperienced and moved all his managers when the figures for his side of the business were low. the company was excellent the manager was not
Pros
perks
Cons
manager
Stressful to work with and no great financial benefit for the long days and 6 day working week including weekends Definitely wouldn’t recommend if you have a family/friends and enjoy spending time with them
Pros
Nice cars
Cons
Stressful
Although you are targetted on all aspects of the sales process the rewards are there. One downside is the size of the operation. There is an awful lot of competition between the sales executives occasionally to the detriment of the customer.
Not a very nice place to work lot of two faced people back stabbers lazy people who get away with everything because they have long and brown tongues and know where to stick them on an hourly basis
Pros
Cons
Waking up to go
It’s very stressful the bulk of the work is servicing the equipment is not as good what you would expect at Mercedes. And the career advancement is not as good as other franchises there is very little training opportunities
Pros
Work colleges
Cons
Insufficient training opportunities
Not the modern and inclusive employer you would expect.Different from the luxury brand image.Using outdated systems and processes in some departments.
I loved my time as an employee at Mercedes Benz. I particularly enjoyed the variety of work going through the workshop, and the quality of the engineering / technology that comes with the vehicles.
Pros
Fantastic training
I worked at Mercedes in my early 20’s which suited me well as I had no out of work commitments. If you do you’ll struggle as the days are long, and weekends are often worked. Stressful and demanding, but fun and vibrant workforce. May have changed as new manager will be in, and often car dealerships are a reflection of the dealer principal. Pros, Good location, great social side. Possibility of commission. Cons, Long hours, quite stressful. Low basic salary
Pros
Social, location
Cons
Salary, hours
They have become a very average company & employer with over 90% of staff unhappy in their position at all branches. From a pay point of view, they do not give pay rises and haven't for a good many years to anyone unless your on minimum wage and and then they have too. The answer is "you should be thankful you in a job". On a hole, the business is now poorly run with no one actually taking any responsibility for anything. They have much work to do to get back to the company it once was.
Pros
The brand is fantastic.
Cons
No one is thought of these days. If you don't like it then by.
The mechanics are all top blokes, sales people OK. Management do not trust. It is very clicky management have their favourites. Its seems to be always young lady's, the canteen is good pool table TV there. Like I said the only problem is that the people running not to be trusted, they don't follow the rules but because its them its OK.
Pros
Nices cars, going home
Cons
Long hours, management very slippery
Do not applyVery stressful very bad management under appreciatedNo breaks misrelable people to work forBad atmosphere Best thing I did was leaveGood luck to the poor person who fills my vacancy.
Pros
Cons
Very long hours
I worked for Mercedes for 14 years and know the building and customers inside and out, they were very helpfull when i had my accidentbut they got rid of all there customer service people after the lock down,i became a number not a person in the end
Cons
Good company to work for, really enjoyed my time with the company. If hadn't being for redundancy would still be there. If opportunities arise would definitely apply in thr future for Mercedes.
Pros
Rates of pay
Cons
Field based employee, lots of staying away from home and traveling long distances. Really lovely team environment with helpful people to support. Work life balance in my role was not there but it many other roles it was ie Head Office based. Good company to work for overall.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Work life balance
I was headhunted for the position therefore no real interview as I was known to the Manager. A great product and a great company. The visit to MB World was a treat.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Distance
sales and marketing . friendly team . learn warehouse too .you get good experience from there.best team work . and work in the warehose is fun .i really enjoyed it
Mb loughton is a very busy site with between 60 and 80 cars a day between 20 techs and a varied range of work from service to diagnosis and brake downs the day can pass quickly hardest part of job is to complete jobs on time Enjoyable part diagnos and complete in time
Pros
Time can pas quickly
Cons
Can b very tiring
  1. Employee reviews