Meridian Business Support

Production Associate9 reviews
United Kingdom9 reviews

agencyrecruitmentweekcontractshiftmonthratestaff

Cancelled shifts

Get offered all the shifts under the sun then expect for them to get cancelled as it happens every week pointless ringing up picking your shifts when they get cancelled all the

Pros

Free hot drinks

Cons

Long hours Constant shift cancelled

The fellow Meridian staff were good

The staff who worked in the office were often rude and could not explain certain things to you. You could be sent home on a shift you were confirmed to do without pay and without notice until the day. They say they follow the same procedures as Hello Fresh do which is not true, they fire you without proper reasoning and without letting you know you were going to have a meeting. They say owed holiday pay takes 6 weeks, which it doesn't it should come in your last pay packet. No time off at busy times even if a family member is severely unwell, if you leave you risk loosing your job.

Insights into Meridian Business Support

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Energising work tasks

Good for students(myself) but it is not well organised.

You have to send message to person who organizes everything, they then choose people for work. Sometimes we had to stay home for two to three weeks without work. Job is alright but you can't depend on it.

Terrible agency

Don't work for this agency, they will waste your time and travel expenses by confirming a shift then sending you home once you have turned up and you will get no compensation for this. They always ask for more people to come in than they need in case workers don't turn up.....so it's all for their convenience not yours, which in my opinion is wrong. The sweeteners they provide such as free hot drinks and discounted food market are little comfort for those that are sent home when they wanted to stay and earn some money.

Pros

Friendly co workers

Cons

Being sent home when you turn up for a shift

Registered with meridian business support

I’ve been registered with meridian business support in the Newcastle branch for 4years and I’ve only once been given employment and that was supposedly for 3 full months at full time work and I was given one full week of employment and after that they kept fobbing me off with every single excuse you could imagine and the food factory I was employed to work for kept asking for me to come in to work but the agency kept saying that there was no available shifts for me regardless of the factory requesting me. They are the utmost worst agency ever I’ve had the pleasure to be registered with and since then, I’ve been phoning the place for work and still keep fobbing me off with just as many excuses as before. Anyone wanting to get work with them,will only take on the people who aren’t any good or people who have NEVER BEEN QUALIFIED FOR THAT TYPE OF WORK, if you have qualifications in the work you want to get, good luck as you will be messed around beyond belief and they are nothing but a complete JOKE. A total waste of your time and money that agency is. Good luck to those trying to get work with them.

Pros

Not a single one. Are completely a waste of time.

Cons

Everything you can imagine and more.

Official response from Meridian Business Support

26 April 2019
Sorry to hear this, please can you email us with some more details and we will look into this for you. Marketing@meridianbs.co.uk. Thank you

Waste of time

Worst agency iv worked for gave me 2 weeks work every time I rang up to find out when I was working I got fobbed off by Adam. Where I got it call you back, no call back, no emails. Got promised full time work for next couple months with a chance of going permanent with the factory but speak to the factory and they clearly tell you they have too many contract staff. If your ring the head office in Cardiff you get laughed at for being ignored by Adam who sorts hours offer to send you to another factory that never happens they are a waste of time, as useful as a wet paper bag. Save yourself time and money traveling to theses factory for them to screw you over. Other agencies are 100% better than theses Meridian is the biggest joke going.

Pros

Cons

To many to list

Official response from Meridian Business Support

20 March 2019
Sorry to hear you feel this way, if you would like to speak to someone about this in more detail, please email marketing@meridianbs.co.uk and we'll look into it.

Production operative

Work cancelled a lot on a regular basis poor management skills from the Chester branch she talks to people like dirt with a bad attitude but not when your doing them favours . Worst person iv ever worked for in my life your just a number not a person and made to feel that way in s regular bases .

Pros

Decent wage, good when busy, good work mates

Cons

Bad manager of the Chester branch, 0 hour, shifts cancelled regular

zero hour

what a horrendous mixture of threats to work or shifts cancelled, cancelled shifts as arriving on site. false promises of many shifts but only getting 2 or 3 a week, huge pool of staff. not allowing anyone to get the overtime ratwe as not qualified each week with number of hours worked despite the agency being paid Unilever labour rates. Appalling place to work and I believe huge organisations use these agencies nowadays to hide behind to bully staff into going in at very short notice and manipulating staff, no doubt permanent employees would have rights and being on the books of this set up just means you can be kicked and bullied and demoralised for however long you are happy to tolerate it. Also, I worked extremely hard and nver got a permanent role, despite being advised hard work was rewarded with contracts. Come to think of it, I don't recall anyone getting a contract.

Pros

The work is easy

Cons

Meridian were the cons but unilever were well aware of the conditions for casual staff

Production operative

typical day at work was fine, i learned ow to make a good quality sandwiches.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Business Support. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Meridian Business Support with

Meridian Business Support reviews by location

Learn about Meridian Business Support in popular locations

• Meridian Business Support
  • Production Associate
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?