MET Medical

MET Medical Employee Reviews

It’s a small company run by paramedics. Spilt into two sections - frontline and PTS. They have several NHS contracts, and event work so a variety of work on offer to develop your clinical skills. I worked frontline and felt welcome from my first shift. Induction was completed by a paramedic and I was offered several shadow shifts to make me feel comfortable with policies & procedures, and scope of practice. Flexibility to book my own shifts around family and studying - can book shifts months in advance. Always paid on time with a competitive salary / pay. Although it’s a small business, I would recommend working for them as you are always clinically supported, they have a good team around to help you, 24/7, it’s enjoyable to work there.
Pros
Staff
Really enjoyed working here. Everyone is really friendly and goes above and beyond to help each other, no matter what your clinical grade. They have an NHS contract, so it can be pressured / busy on shift, but they do not force you to work, you can pick and chose your own hours around your family, creating a great work/life balance. Shifts are 12 hours, if you are full time they are happy to offer a 4 on and 4 off rota - very flexible. Would highly recommend. They paid for all my training from FREC3 all the way to freuc5 - they will reward staff who show potential, which is rare. One of the few good private ambulance companies in the area.
I joined in the middle of the pandemic and was instantly made to feel extremely welcome from the first recruitment email to the first shadow shift. The Management and training staff were very informative throughout the induction and practical assessments, and would answer any queries or questions that I had. They have a good network off staff / team members who can help you throughout a shift. Management are available oncall 24/7 so you will always feel supported and will answer any worries you might have on shift etc. Very thorough induction, third manning shift and training sent over before the shift, so you knew what to expect. Booking shifts is easy and very understandable. All available via an app. The vehicles might not be the newest but they have an fleet and oncall mechanic who maintains them. PPE is readily available and never had an issue with it. Lots of stock and team leaders who will help you & check in on you whilst on shift, and maintain anything needs through out shift. Very supportive. It is a small family run business who really do look after their staff and ensure everyone have a good work life balance - a good employee assistance programme and mental health team available for everyone. I would highly recommend this company, pay on time, provide uniform, thorough induction with training programmes, and make you feel valued and “not just a number or a bum on seat”.
Pros
Pay on time, Cpd, external training, good welfare
The business is family run in a very competitive area of service provision PTS and front line services to the East of England Ambulance Trust.They are entirely focused on providing this services at all costs, neglecting that people have to deliver these services.A lack of PPE is the tip of the iceberg.The company run a fleet of very old hired in ambulances with many faults, including lack of proper heating and safe storage within the rear cabins.The solution provided is to cover the patients with blanks and use the temporary straps wrapped around the seats to secure items.The large majority of the PTS staff are student paramedics most of which only see the job as a means to an end and beneath there clinical grade.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours & No recognition
In-depth induction & 3rd manning shift. Made fo feel part of the team immediately. Everyone supports eachother & is so friendly. Great clinical support
Pros
Clinically supportive, friendly, welcoming
The managing director of this company has failed to pay myself & several others regularly over several months. The salary is good - if you can manage to get your full amount out of them every month. Combined with the fact that they pay one month in arrears, it means you could work up to eight weeks straight before realising you will not actually be paid and left struggling to pay your bills...
Well organised friendly workplace filled with motivated, down to Earth employees who are willing to take time out of their days in order to help you in your job.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons