MET Medical logo
MET Medical

MET Medical

MET Medical Employee Review

The business is family run in a very competitive area of service provision PTS and front line services to the East of England Ambulance Trust.They are entirely focused on providing this services at all costs, neglecting that people have to deliver these services.A lack of PPE is the tip of the iceberg.The company run a fleet of very old hired in ambulances with many faults, including lack of proper heating and safe storage within the rear cabins.The solution provided is to cover the patients with blanks and use the temporary straps wrapped around the seats to secure items.The large majority of the PTS staff are student paramedics most of which only see the job as a means to an end and beneath there clinical grade.

Pros

Cons

Long Hours & No recognition

1.0Job security/advancement

Official response from MET Medical

21 April 2021
Thank you for your review I am sorry you feel this way. We have worked tirelessly to ensure PPE supplies throughout the pandemic. For example we invested around £50,000 in powered respirator hoods for all of our staff who deal with Aerosol generating procedures. We also commenced a fit testing program for all PTS staff to be issued with personal FFP3 respirators for peace of mind even where they are not carrying out aerosol generating procedures. We have worked hard throughout the pandemic to ensure adequate PPE this included a media campaign and a letter sent to the cabinet office. Throughout the pandemic staff have had access to PPE. When supply chain issues have occurred we have been supported by the NHS and emergency Government supplies.Many of our staff have progressed from ACA on Patient transport to work in events or on our 999 contract and training has been funded by MET Medical. All reported defects are reviewed by our in-house fleet team and repaired by them or our supporting garages. Our fleet is split between vehicles owned by the business and those leased in order to ensure we can meet the demand of our clients. All of our vehicles have heating and air conditioning which is serviced annually.If you would like to discuss your review further I am happy to.

Same roleSame location

Couldn't ask for a better Company

I fist met a MRT medic as a CFR and the got me involved and were really helpful, unlike other private companies who where all very self intitled. So when I went for interviews MET were at the top of my list. I went to several other interviews and they made you feel like you should be honoured to work for them after you have jumped through hoops and asked how high after they said JUMP. MET we very different, you felt apart of the team from the off. They made you feel like they were luck to have you. I have worked for Many firms through out my life and lots say it'd like a family here which it is until you are ill of fall out of favour. NOT HERE MET IS A REAL FAMILY.I had covid at the start of the year and lost my step day not long after I recovered and MET could not have done any more, I'm sure if I had asked they would have gone to the other side and dragged my step dad back from the dead. Have a problem, speak up and have a proper chat and it will be sorted. Respect works both ways..MET have also seen potential in me and are helping me through my FREUC5. Staff a fantastic and everyone is willing to help. Fro. The top down everyone wants to help others.If you want to feel like a person and not a payroll number mMET is the right place for you

Pros

Cons

Its an ambulance service exepect to work. If you dont want to find another trade.
Same roleSame location

Great training, good team spirit

Really enjoyed working here. Everyone is really friendly and goes above and beyond to help each other, no matter what your clinical grade. They have an NHS contract, so it can be pressured / busy on shift, but they do not force you to work, you can pick and chose your own hours around your family, creating a great work/life balance. Shifts are 12 hours, if you are full time they are happy to offer a 4 on and 4 off rota - very flexible. Would highly recommend. They paid for all my training from FREC3 all the way to freuc5 - they will reward staff who show potential, which is rare. One of the few good private ambulance companies in the area.

Official response from MET Medical

21 April 2021
Thank you for your feedback and I am glad you have found a career at MET Medical. We are always looking for talent to invest in and are committed to delivering excellent clinical care to our patients.
Same location

Patient and staff focused

Family run business who are very much about looking after the patients and their staff, providing full staff training and going above and beyond to keep the staff loyal and happy.

Pros

Good working team

• MET Medical
  • Focused on keeping the show on the road including to being truthful to the NHS Trust