MET Medical logo
MET Medical

MET Medical

MET Medical Employee Review

Friendly & considerate of staff welfare

I joined in the middle of the pandemic and was instantly made to feel extremely welcome from the first recruitment email to the first shadow shift. The Management and training staff were very informative throughout the induction and practical assessments, and would answer any queries or questions that I had. They have a good network off staff / team members who can help you throughout a shift. Management are available oncall 24/7 so you will always feel supported and will answer any worries you might have on shift etc. Very thorough induction, third manning shift and training sent over before the shift, so you knew what to expect. Booking shifts is easy and very understandable. All available via an app. The vehicles might not be the newest but they have an fleet and oncall mechanic who maintains them. PPE is readily available and never had an issue with it. Lots of stock and team leaders who will help you & check in on you whilst on shift, and maintain anything needs through out shift. Very supportive. It is a small family run business who really do look after their staff and ensure everyone have a good work life balance - a good employee assistance programme and mental health team available for everyone. I would highly recommend this company, pay on time, provide uniform, thorough induction with training programmes, and make you feel valued and “not just a number or a bum on seat”.

Pros

Pay on time, Cpd, external training, good welfare

4.0Job security/advancement

Official response from MET Medical

21 April 2021
Thank you for your comments. I am glad you feel valued and supported in your ambulance career. We are committed to constantly improving our recruitment processes, training and staff development. Ultimately we believe that unless we look after our people, we cannot expect them to look after our patients.

Same roleSame location

Couldn't ask for a better Company

I fist met a MRT medic as a CFR and the got me involved and were really helpful, unlike other private companies who where all very self intitled. So when I went for interviews MET were at the top of my list. I went to several other interviews and they made you feel like you should be honoured to work for them after you have jumped through hoops and asked how high after they said JUMP. MET we very different, you felt apart of the team from the off. They made you feel like they were luck to have you. I have worked for Many firms through out my life and lots say it'd like a family here which it is until you are ill of fall out of favour. NOT HERE MET IS A REAL FAMILY.I had covid at the start of the year and lost my step day not long after I recovered and MET could not have done any more, I'm sure if I had asked they would have gone to the other side and dragged my step dad back from the dead. Have a problem, speak up and have a proper chat and it will be sorted. Respect works both ways..MET have also seen potential in me and are helping me through my FREUC5. Staff a fantastic and everyone is willing to help. Fro. The top down everyone wants to help others.If you want to feel like a person and not a payroll number mMET is the right place for you

Pros

Cons

Its an ambulance service exepect to work. If you dont want to find another trade.
Same roleSame location

Great training, good team spirit

Really enjoyed working here. Everyone is really friendly and goes above and beyond to help each other, no matter what your clinical grade. They have an NHS contract, so it can be pressured / busy on shift, but they do not force you to work, you can pick and chose your own hours around your family, creating a great work/life balance. Shifts are 12 hours, if you are full time they are happy to offer a 4 on and 4 off rota - very flexible. Would highly recommend. They paid for all my training from FREC3 all the way to freuc5 - they will reward staff who show potential, which is rare. One of the few good private ambulance companies in the area.

Official response from MET Medical

21 April 2021
Thank you for your feedback and I am glad you have found a career at MET Medical. We are always looking for talent to invest in and are committed to delivering excellent clinical care to our patients.
Same location

Patient and staff focused

Family run business who are very much about looking after the patients and their staff, providing full staff training and going above and beyond to keep the staff loyal and happy.

Pros

Good working team

Cons