MET Medical logo
MET Medical

MET Medical Employee Reviews for Care Assistant

Work-life balance

Couldn't ask for a better Company

I fist met a MRT medic as a CFR and the got me involved and were really helpful, unlike other private companies who where all very self intitled. So when I went for interviews MET were at the top of my list. I went to several other interviews and they made you feel like you should be honoured to work for them after you have jumped through hoops and asked how high after they said JUMP. MET we very different, you felt apart of the team from the off. They made you feel like they were luck to have you. I have worked for Many firms through out my life and lots say it'd like a family here which it is until you are ill of fall out of favour. NOT HERE MET IS A REAL FAMILY.I had covid at the start of the year and lost my step day not long after I recovered and MET could not have done any more, I'm sure if I had asked they would have gone to the other side and dragged my step dad back from the dead. Have a problem, speak up and have a proper chat and it will be sorted. Respect works both ways..MET have also seen potential in me and are helping me through my FREUC5. Staff a fantastic and everyone is willing to help. Fro. The top down everyone wants to help others.If you want to feel like a person and not a payroll number mMET is the right place for you

Pros

Cons

Its an ambulance service exepect to work. If you dont want to find another trade.

Great training, good team spirit

Really enjoyed working here. Everyone is really friendly and goes above and beyond to help each other, no matter what your clinical grade. They have an NHS contract, so it can be pressured / busy on shift, but they do not force you to work, you can pick and chose your own hours around your family, creating a great work/life balance. Shifts are 12 hours, if you are full time they are happy to offer a 4 on and 4 off rota - very flexible. Would highly recommend. They paid for all my training from FREC3 all the way to freuc5 - they will reward staff who show potential, which is rare. One of the few good private ambulance companies in the area.

21 April 2021
Thank you for your feedback and I am glad you have found a career at MET Medical. We are always looking for talent to invest in and are committed to delivering excellent clinical care to our patients.

Friendly & considerate of staff welfare

I joined in the middle of the pandemic and was instantly made to feel extremely welcome from the first recruitment email to the first shadow shift. The Management and training staff were very informative throughout the induction and practical assessments, and would answer any queries or questions that I had. They have a good network off staff / team members who can help you throughout a shift. Management are available oncall 24/7 so you will always feel supported and will answer any worries you might have on shift etc. Very thorough induction, third manning shift and training sent over before the shift, so you knew what to expect. Booking shifts is easy and very understandable. All available via an app. The vehicles might not be the newest but they have an fleet and oncall mechanic who maintains them. PPE is readily available and never had an issue with it. Lots of stock and team leaders who will help you & check in on you whilst on shift, and maintain anything needs through out shift. Very supportive. It is a small family run business who really do look after their staff and ensure everyone have a good work life balance - a good employee assistance programme and mental health team available for everyone. I would highly recommend this company, pay on time, provide uniform, thorough induction with training programmes, and make you feel valued and “not just a number or a bum on seat”.

Pros

Pay on time, Cpd, external training, good welfare

21 April 2021
Thank you for your comments. I am glad you feel valued and supported in your ambulance career. We are committed to constantly improving our recruitment processes, training and staff development. Ultimately we believe that unless we look after our people, we cannot expect them to look after our patients.

Focused on keeping the show on the road including to being truthful to the NHS Trust

The business is family run in a very competitive area of service provision PTS and front line services to the East of England Ambulance Trust.They are entirely focused on providing this services at all costs, neglecting that people have to deliver these services.A lack of PPE is the tip of the iceberg.The company run a fleet of very old hired in ambulances with many faults, including lack of proper heating and safe storage within the rear cabins.The solution provided is to cover the patients with blanks and use the temporary straps wrapped around the seats to secure items.The large majority of the PTS staff are student paramedics most of which only see the job as a means to an end and beneath there clinical grade.

Pros

Cons

Long Hours & No recognition

21 April 2021
Thank you for your review I am sorry you feel this way. We have worked tirelessly to ensure PPE supplies throughout the pandemic. For example we invested around ÂŁ50,000 in powered respirator hoods for all of our staff who deal with Aerosol generating procedures. We also commenced a fit testing program for all PTS staff to be issued with personal FFP3 respirators for peace of mind even where they are not carrying out aerosol generating procedures. We have worked hard throughout the pandemic to ensure adequate PPE this included a media campaign and a letter sent to the cabinet office. Throughout the pandemic staff have had access to PPE. When supply chain issues have occurred we have been supported by the NHS and emergency Government supplies.Many of our staff have progressed from ACA on Patient transport to work in events or on our 999 contract and training has been funded by MET Medical. All reported defects are reviewed by our in-house fleet team and repaired by them or our supporting garages. Our fleet is split between vehicles owned by the business and those leased in order to ensure we can meet the demand of our clients. All of our vehicles have heating and air conditioning which is serviced annually.If you would like to discuss your review further I am happy to.

Jobs at MET Medical