MET Medical

MET Medical Employee Reviews

I fist met a MRT medic as a CFR and the got me involved and were really helpful, unlike other private companies who where all very self intitled. So when I went for interviews MET were at the top of my list. I went to several other interviews and they made you feel like you should be honoured to work for them after you have jumped through hoops and asked how high after they said JUMP. MET we very different, you felt apart of the team from the off. They made you feel like they were luck to have you. I have worked for Many firms through out my life and lots say it'd like a family here which it is until you are ill of fall out of favour. NOT HERE MET IS A REAL FAMILY.I had covid at the start of the year and lost my step day not long after I recovered and MET could not have done any more, I'm sure if I had asked they would have gone to the other side and dragged my step dad back from the dead. Have a problem, speak up and have a proper chat and it will be sorted. Respect works both ways..MET have also seen potential in me and are helping me through my FREUC5. Staff a fantastic and everyone is willing to help. Fro. The top down everyone wants to help others.If you want to feel like a person and not a payroll number mMET is the right place for you
Pros
Cons
Its an ambulance service exepect to work. If you dont want to find another trade.
Family run business who are very much about looking after the patients and their staff, providing full staff training and going above and beyond to keep the staff loyal and happy.
Pros
Good working team
Cons
It’s a great company to work for. So friendly! They look after you a treat you nicely straight from the interview. They provide lots of training to make sure the team is as best quality it can be! There is plenty of opertunity to work your way up to!
Pros
All training provided!
Cons
There are none!
23 April 2021
Thanks for your feedback - good luck with your future career and development and MET.
I have worked at Met Medical for a number of years and they have always promoted a feeling of inclusivity within the workplace. A friendly family run business who are super supportive and always on hand should any problems arise. All staff treated with equal care, with regular welfare checks and job reviews. Management are very approachable and take the time to personally know every staff member and where possible encourage progression within the industry. Professional industry standards are always met or in most cases exceeded
Pros
Friendly, professional
Cons
Older trucks, although an excellent fleet team
23 April 2021
Thank you for your honest feedback and ongoing hardworking and commitment.
From the moment of the interview, I really wanted to work here, the family team ethic runs from top to bottom. Yes there are occasional dramas, but that happens where ever you go, but these are overcome and everything moves on. This is the nicest place I have worked since starting work some 40 years ago. I have been supported in many ways. This is the best 🙏
23 April 2021
Thank you for your feedback and your ongoing work and commitment.
I have worked at MET Medical for a number of years. Having worked in a few places I have to say it is the best environment. I feel management are supportive. They have paid for training courses, regularly check in with me. Rates of pay are good and there is flexibility when needed. Theres full time, part-time and bank and plenty of hours. Not many private ambulance services will fund training but if you prove yourself MET will pay for your ongoing development. The company is always improving.
Pros
Caring Management, Good Pay, Nice colleagues
23 April 2021
Thank you for your lovely feedback. It's great to have you working with us at MET.
A complete lack of management strength and commitment to staff. Broken promises without explanation.All they want is cannon fodder for the PTS work, they are not interested in staff development or internal promotion.This company give private ambulance companies a bad name, little patient sensitivity or care
Pros
Cons
Everything - don’t waist your time
21 April 2021
Thank you for you review. I am very sorry to hear of this, however, this does not sound like MET Medical. Perhaps you have the wrong organisation.
It’s a small company run by paramedics. Spilt into two sections - frontline and PTS. They have several NHS contracts, and event work so a variety of work on offer to develop your clinical skills. I worked frontline and felt welcome from my first shift. Induction was completed by a paramedic and I was offered several shadow shifts to make me feel comfortable with policies & procedures, and scope of practice. Flexibility to book my own shifts around family and studying - can book shifts months in advance. Always paid on time with a competitive salary / pay. Although it’s a small business, I would recommend working for them as you are always clinically supported, they have a good team around to help you, 24/7, it’s enjoyable to work there.
Pros
Staff
21 April 2021
Great to hear you are getting on so well. We wish you every success in your career.
Really enjoyed working here. Everyone is really friendly and goes above and beyond to help each other, no matter what your clinical grade. They have an NHS contract, so it can be pressured / busy on shift, but they do not force you to work, you can pick and chose your own hours around your family, creating a great work/life balance. Shifts are 12 hours, if you are full time they are happy to offer a 4 on and 4 off rota - very flexible. Would highly recommend. They paid for all my training from FREC3 all the way to freuc5 - they will reward staff who show potential, which is rare. One of the few good private ambulance companies in the area.
21 April 2021
Thank you for your feedback and I am glad you have found a career at MET Medical. We are always looking for talent to invest in and are committed to delivering excellent clinical care to our patients.
I joined in the middle of the pandemic and was instantly made to feel extremely welcome from the first recruitment email to the first shadow shift. The Management and training staff were very informative throughout the induction and practical assessments, and would answer any queries or questions that I had. They have a good network off staff / team members who can help you throughout a shift. Management are available oncall 24/7 so you will always feel supported and will answer any worries you might have on shift etc. Very thorough induction, third manning shift and training sent over before the shift, so you knew what to expect. Booking shifts is easy and very understandable. All available via an app. The vehicles might not be the newest but they have an fleet and oncall mechanic who maintains them. PPE is readily available and never had an issue with it. Lots of stock and team leaders who will help you & check in on you whilst on shift, and maintain anything needs through out shift. Very supportive. It is a small family run business who really do look after their staff and ensure everyone have a good work life balance - a good employee assistance programme and mental health team available for everyone. I would highly recommend this company, pay on time, provide uniform, thorough induction with training programmes, and make you feel valued and “not just a number or a bum on seat”.
Pros
Pay on time, Cpd, external training, good welfare
21 April 2021
Thank you for your comments. I am glad you feel valued and supported in your ambulance career. We are committed to constantly improving our recruitment processes, training and staff development. Ultimately we believe that unless we look after our people, we cannot expect them to look after our patients.
The business is family run in a very competitive area of service provision PTS and front line services to the East of England Ambulance Trust.They are entirely focused on providing this services at all costs, neglecting that people have to deliver these services.A lack of PPE is the tip of the iceberg.The company run a fleet of very old hired in ambulances with many faults, including lack of proper heating and safe storage within the rear cabins.The solution provided is to cover the patients with blanks and use the temporary straps wrapped around the seats to secure items.The large majority of the PTS staff are student paramedics most of which only see the job as a means to an end and beneath there clinical grade.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours & No recognition
21 April 2021
Thank you for your review I am sorry you feel this way. We have worked tirelessly to ensure PPE supplies throughout the pandemic. For example we invested around £50,000 in powered respirator hoods for all of our staff who deal with Aerosol generating procedures. We also commenced a fit testing program for all PTS staff to be issued with personal FFP3 respirators for peace of mind even where they are not carrying out aerosol generating procedures. We have worked hard throughout the pandemic to ensure adequate PPE this included a media campaign and a letter sent to the cabinet office. Throughout the pandemic staff have had access to PPE. When supply chain issues have occurred we have been supported by the NHS and emergency Government supplies.Many of our staff have progressed from ACA on Patient transport to work in events or on our 999 contract and training has been funded by MET Medical. All reported defects are reviewed by our in-house fleet team and repaired by them or our supporting garages. Our fleet is split between vehicles owned by the business and those leased in order to ensure we can meet the demand of our clients. All of our vehicles have heating and air conditioning which is serviced annually.If you would like to discuss your review further I am happy to.
In-depth induction & 3rd manning shift. Made fo feel part of the team immediately. Everyone supports eachother & is so friendly. Great clinical support
Pros
Clinically supportive, friendly, welcoming
21 April 2021
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your time working as a student paramedic and hope to stay in touch with you as you begin your career as a Paramedic.
The managing director of this company has failed to pay myself & several others regularly over several months. The salary is good - if you can manage to get your full amount out of them every month. Combined with the fact that they pay one month in arrears, it means you could work up to eight weeks straight before realising you will not actually be paid and left struggling to pay your bills...
Well organised friendly workplace filled with motivated, down to Earth employees who are willing to take time out of their days in order to help you in your job.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
21 April 2021
Thank you for your comments and feedback. We wish you every success with your future career.
  1. Employee reviews