MET Medical

MET Medical Culture reviews

Family run business who are very much about looking after the patients and their staff, providing full staff training and going above and beyond to keep the staff loyal and happy.
Pros
Good working team
Cons
I have worked at Met Medical for a number of years and they have always promoted a feeling of inclusivity within the workplace. A friendly family run business who are super supportive and always on hand should any problems arise. All staff treated with equal care, with regular welfare checks and job reviews. Management are very approachable and take the time to personally know every staff member and where possible encourage progression within the industry. Professional industry standards are always met or in most cases exceeded
Pros
Friendly, professional
Cons
Older trucks, although an excellent fleet team
23 April 2021
Thank you for your honest feedback and ongoing hardworking and commitment.
It’s a small company run by paramedics. Spilt into two sections - frontline and PTS. They have several NHS contracts, and event work so a variety of work on offer to develop your clinical skills. I worked frontline and felt welcome from my first shift. Induction was completed by a paramedic and I was offered several shadow shifts to make me feel comfortable with policies & procedures, and scope of practice. Flexibility to book my own shifts around family and studying - can book shifts months in advance. Always paid on time with a competitive salary / pay. Although it’s a small business, I would recommend working for them as you are always clinically supported, they have a good team around to help you, 24/7, it’s enjoyable to work there.
Pros
Staff
21 April 2021
Great to hear you are getting on so well. We wish you every success in your career.
The business is family run in a very competitive area of service provision PTS and front line services to the East of England Ambulance Trust.They are entirely focused on providing this services at all costs, neglecting that people have to deliver these services.A lack of PPE is the tip of the iceberg.The company run a fleet of very old hired in ambulances with many faults, including lack of proper heating and safe storage within the rear cabins.The solution provided is to cover the patients with blanks and use the temporary straps wrapped around the seats to secure items.The large majority of the PTS staff are student paramedics most of which only see the job as a means to an end and beneath there clinical grade.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours & No recognition
21 April 2021
Thank you for your review I am sorry you feel this way. We have worked tirelessly to ensure PPE supplies throughout the pandemic. For example we invested around ÂŁ50,000 in powered respirator hoods for all of our staff who deal with Aerosol generating procedures. We also commenced a fit testing program for all PTS staff to be issued with personal FFP3 respirators for peace of mind even where they are not carrying out aerosol generating procedures. We have worked hard throughout the pandemic to ensure adequate PPE this included a media campaign and a letter sent to the cabinet office. Throughout the pandemic staff have had access to PPE. When supply chain issues have occurred we have been supported by the NHS and emergency Government supplies.Many of our staff have progressed from ACA on Patient transport to work in events or on our 999 contract and training has been funded by MET Medical. All reported defects are reviewed by our in-house fleet team and repaired by them or our supporting garages. Our fleet is split between vehicles owned by the business and those leased in order to ensure we can meet the demand of our clients. All of our vehicles have heating and air conditioning which is serviced annually.If you would like to discuss your review further I am happy to.
In-depth induction & 3rd manning shift. Made fo feel part of the team immediately. Everyone supports eachother & is so friendly. Great clinical support
Pros
Clinically supportive, friendly, welcoming
21 April 2021
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your time working as a student paramedic and hope to stay in touch with you as you begin your career as a Paramedic.