Methodist Homes (MHA)
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

Methodist Homes (MHA) Employee Reviews

United Kingdom379 reviews

Insights into Methodist Homes (MHA)

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Highly rewarding, challenging and person centred, really make a difference

Featured review

Methodist Homes (MHA) selected this as a representative review
I feel like I'm valued at MHA, ive had many opportunities to speak with area manager and regional manager and even met the CEO, MHA are my second family, I love my job

Pros

Free lunch, support

Cons

Challenging at times as in any care industry

29 December 2021
Thanks for sharing such a positive example of how colleagues are living MHA’s Values.

Friendly and Supportive Colleagues

Still getting established into the role but feel that I have been greeted by nothing other than excellent supportive colleagues who are genuinely eager to help you and grateful for everything you do in return! Induction and training given has really given me the time and understanding to settle into my new role well.

So far so good

I am currently in my fourth week of working for MHA, having previously worked for other large, charitable care organizations. I have been so impressed with MHA and their values which seem truly embedded in everyone that i have met. What has been refreshing, is that MHA actually care about the residents who live within MHA communities and those who work for MHA too and invest in the welfare of them all. So far there have been no regrets in making a change to work for MHA.

Not a good en or ment to work. No clear guidance anywhere and lack of any type of support.

Beautiful setti g to work. Very poor resouses for residents. Dementia patients are bottom of the ladder for support outwith the unit. Nursing staff are overrules by care staff. All resources geared toward residential residents. Very poor food portions offered. Need to be thick skinned, management listen to care staff over nurses, nursing staff ostracised if vocal. Very poor staff support, or acknowledgement for good work from management. Unfortunate.

Pros

Get paid fair salary

Cons

Expected to do everything, Massive sfFf shortages, All tasks expected to be done. No appreciation ever showed.

Very hard work with the management often making it harder

Very long shifts doing back breaking work. Management have a real disconnect between what’s going on on the wings and how the staff feel to what they decide to do. Very little communication between management and staff about what’s going on, often visitors are telling carers what the new rules are as we don’t know. Most staff are nice but there are often staff that don’t get on which cause big upsets. Some shifts can be nice and some can be horrendous which makes it worse as you never know what kind of day you’re going to have. New management never come on the wings so they don’t see the difficulties we have day to day.

12 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you’d like to provide further details please email yvonne.wilkinson@mha.org.uk or call 01332 221816 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Stressful

Very stressful environment, long hours when working with dementia, little support, alot of sucking up to managment, if you dont suck up to managment you will get no where.

12 May 2022
We take your comments seriously and would like to gain a better understanding of your experience. Please email yvonne.wilkinson@mha.org.uk or call 01332 221816 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Admin Manager Role

MHA are one of the better care providers to work for. There are, of course, some frustrations within the role, but for the most part, there is a good work/ life balance. The application for this job role, in particular, was very rigorous. But it was necessary, as the role is very demanding and multifaceted. The pay for this role is better than other admin roles, and given what the sector has been through during the pandemic, we're starting to thrive again. There is a lot to be said for working toward improving the quality of someone's life, and helping people to live later life well

12 May 2022
Thanks for the feedback. This is a great example of how our colleagues live MHA’s Values and deliver our Mission to enable people to live later life well.

Fast paced and fun

Kitchen assistant job role is more than just washing pots. The job is assisting the cook so you will be helping with the cooking, baking etc. I have learnt so much whilst only being with the company a few months and i love my job. Its very fast paced and the shifts are quite long (10hours) but the day flys by and the shift pattern is decent.

12 May 2022
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate it!

Reasonable

My experience with MHA has been alright, it’s a reasonably good company to work for, the hours are what you would expect and the money is average if not less than average really for what you do.my biggest criticism is that you have no real reward or benefit from over time or bank holidays like other care company’s who pay atleast time and half of not double time you get time and 1/3 on Christmas Day and all the others are non existent!

Pros

Residents Freindly staff

Cons

Poor pay Stressful at times

Money orientated

Do not care for workers, poor management. Money orientated business not focused on wellbeing of staff or residents. Stressful situations, poor training

Nice place to work

A fab charity with great values I enjoy working here overall. The staff are friendly that I work with and most of the manager are nice too. I would recommend

12 May 2022
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate it!

Seriously understaffed, High workload

Over a dozen staff have left home, leaving rest to pick up burden. 12 hour shift pattens. Utterly stressful. Staff burned out all the time, company doesn’t seem to care. Workloads are critically horrendous. New staff don’t stay long, leading back to recurring understaffing on every shift. Staff having to work when on annual leave. Staff not being able to take their full break times, during 12 hour shifts. Quality care should be about spending time with the residents, but it’s just impossible with what is expected of you.

4 April 2022

Experience as a Domestic Assistant

I have been working in this company and my experience has been alright. The managers are easy-going and everybody gets on with what they need to do. If you work certain hours, your break is unpaid but you have enough time to relax and eat your food. The building is very big.

Pros

Free lunches, good pay

Cons

Repetitive tasks, can get boring

22 March 2022

Positive place to work

Great colleagues good supportive place to work Hard work but worth itAll members of staff make you welcomeGreat feel about the place very positive

Pros

Free lunch work 7 days from 14

Cons

Long hours but time off reflects that

15 March 2022
Thanks for sharing such a positive example of how MHA is living its Values.

Over worked and underpaid

The kitchen staff are now on a lower wage than care staff and they say 'mha care for you' but this untrue as they creates a divide between all departments. We are now the only care home in gloucestershire where the Cooks are paid less than care staff.

Pros

Flexible hours, nice staff

Cons

Rubbish wage

15 March 2022

Great place to work always listened to happy in my role nice manager and area manager

Worked for mha for 17 years and have been very happy here always listened to and this is where my heart is i dont want to work anywhere else. Manager is great, carers are great and the Area Manager is great. Pay is fine although the company needs to give bonuses in my opionion and offer more benefits to tempt carers to sign up.

Pros

A free meal.. Salary is good..Good Manager and Area Manager Great staff team

Cons

Covid hitting care homes..

Excellent workplace

The manager of the home i worked in (the fairways) was a lovely manager, as was the deputy. I worked in the chippenham home and if it wasn't for me living so far from the home now i'd have stayed working there.

3 March 2022
Thanks for sharing such a positive example of how MHA is living its Values.

Company ethos

I have now worked at many care homes and didn't realise at the time that this company is the best company by far. The residents are always their priority and they look after their staff. I haven't worked there for many years but would highly recommend if you are looking for a job, but more importantly, if you are looking for a home for yourself or a relative.

Pros

Training is far superior to any other company I have ever worked, I loved working here although very busy.

Cons

The pay wasn't great. I was an administrator and the responsibility versus pay was not good

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate it.

The meadow care home in Muswell hill wouldn’t recommend

Wouldn’t recommend working here not professional and felt undervalued since I joined. Some of the people are favouritized . My own opinion was overlooked. Bad experience overall

3 March 2022

Pay is good for the sector and I think it is due to go up in April. Busy but lovely home

It is a very busy home but the residents are so lovely. Mostly the staff work really well as a team but the struggles here are no different to any other social care provider as whole sector is under so much pressure due to COVID. Everyone definitely does their best for the people they care for.

Pros

Good pay for the role, lovely residents and staff

Cons

No progression in nursing home for carers (although training is available)

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate it.

I worked at Ty Gwyn many times as an Agency worker - I have always been treated well by all staff and love working here

I turned up at Ty Gwyn to work a 12 hour shifts and was pleasantly surprised at how bright and warming the home was. Staff made me feel very welcome and helped me feel comfortable. I always enjoy going to Ty Gywn and look forward to any new shifts to pick up

Pros

nice friendly place to work - Lovely Residents - Good training provided - Nice Residents

Cons

Shifts can be long but always enjoyable

3 March 2022
Thanks for the feedback. This is a great example of how our colleagues live MHA’s Values and deliver our Mission to enable people to live later life well, inspired by Christian concern.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Homes (MHA). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Methodist Homes (MHA) with

• Methodist Homes (MHA)
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?